Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2018, 01:13 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Wait, what? What happened to our De Niro thread?
The Trump herd got offended and switched it to the Clintons.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:41 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,839,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why do you care?

Liberals rarely come here to post what the celebrities say but conservatives seem to hang on every word.

It makes no sense to me.
Exactly. idgas what any celebrity says about anything, and I'm left-leaning. But, as usual, all the snowflakes are whining about "liberal" Hollywood and its "whining."

Meanwhile, there's a very simple solution: BOYCOTT Hollywood. But they won't do that. It's easier to keep whining.

Old 03-14-2018, 03:16 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Exactly. idgas what any celebrity says about anything, and I'm left-leaning. But, as usual, all the snowflakes are whining about "liberal" Hollywood and its "whining."

Meanwhile, there's a very simple solution: BOYCOTT Hollywood. But they won't do that. It's easier to keep whining.
Hollywood whining , While Trump keeps WINNING!

They hate to see America Great

Old 03-14-2018, 03:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Hollywood whining , While Trump keeps WINNING!

They hate to see America Great
I think an illustrative example of the difference between "whining" and "winning" is in order.

This is "whining": https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a8f362b7c7b8

An excellent example of pre-emptive "whining" in all it's glory.

Old 03-14-2018, 04:59 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Robert De Niro Rips

Guy goes on some crazy Trump tirade at any event he goes

"WAHHH! Donald Trump is such a spoiled idiot!! **stomps feet** I wanna punch him in the nose!! No one should act like he does . . . WAHHHH!!"

**punches wall, slams door on the way out, sexually assaults someone on a casting couch**
Some of the first part of your quote is particularly interesting:

"A college education is important, but education without humanity is ignorance. Look at our president. He made it through the University of Pennsylvania, so he was exposed to a quality education, but he's still an idiot"

I enjoy DeNiro as an actor, but I don't like him as a person. I don't like Trump either, and didn't vote for him.

That given, that DeNiro said what I quoted above is rich..."A college education is important".... Like Trump, DeNiro spent some of his time in high school at a private prep school. However, unlike Trump, DeNiro dropped out of high school, and never attended a four year college or university. DeNiro was part of several well known independent acting programs, bud never tried to earn even a BS or a BA at a four year college or university.

Some somewhat unusual things happened to DeNiro when he was very young....his parents divorced when he was two, after his father announced he was gay....his grandparents secretly baptized him while he was staying with them during the period when his parents were divorcing, etc. These things may have helped re his acting gift, but I wonder how many of them he has worked through and really resolved.

Last edited by RMESMH; 03-14-2018 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: corrected one character typo

Old 03-14-2018, 05:12 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
^ This isn't true. What is true though is not $ and one's value in material things, but how one lives his/her life, and what one contributes to the world. De Niro is many levels above Trump, and will leave the more impressive and useful legacy when all is said and done. He has honor and class; Trump is no-class scum. We can't take our money and gold with us, so it's only fools that spend their lives running after it and clutching it, as they waste their time on earth.
Riiight.

Saying on video that you want to punch someone in the face.....even if the other person is Trump.....is not not a measure, exhibition, nor display of class.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:24 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Who would of expected De Niro to be such a snowflake ?

Old 03-14-2018, 07:11 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,075,211 times
Another Hollywood puke that has been added to my 'they don't get my money anymore' list.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:26 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Then don’t reply
When something doesn't make sense you try to get someone to make sense of it.

I see you can't.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:38 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Robert De Niro Rips

Guy goes on some crazy Trump tirade at any event he goes

“A college education is important, but education without humanity is ignorance. Look at our president. He made it through the University of Pennsylvania, so he was exposed to a quality education, but he’s still an idiot. And he lacks any sense of humanity or compassion,” the aging Oscar-winner said.
“Of course, he did have to overcome the curse of growing up rich and spoiled,” De Niro sarcastically added. “And endure the heartbreak of bone spurs. Maybe that had an effect
“Trump treats education as a con – a way to make a profit at the expense of the suckers. Anyone here planning to get their education at Trump University?” De Niro asked rhetorically, before patting himself on the back. “To be silent in the face of such villainy is to be complicit.”

"WAHHH! Donald Trump is such a spoiled idiot!! **stomps feet** I wanna punch him in the nose!! No one should act like he does . . . WAHHHH!!"

**punches wall, slams door on the way out, sexually assaults someone on a casting couch**

It really shows Breitbart to be the underhanded bias-mongers that they are, in the way they denigrate DeNiro, such as in the way they refer to him as aging. As if Trump isn't aging. They could have instead chosen to describe DeNiro as one of the most respected actors living.

Everything DeNiro said is correct, of course, which is why you, and Breitbart, mock him for unrelated things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies