Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 11:46 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumpDay View Post
But Roseanne got fired and got backlash for stating that Valerie Jarrett looks like an ape with her haircut, while Bee keeps her job from calling Ivanka a feckless c***, and De Niro gets praised by yelling f*** Trump? What is going on? Can you imagine if someone said f*** Obama in front of millions of dollar on Live TV???
A Congressman called him a Liar ON THE FLOOR OF THE CAPITAL, got applauded by RWNJ's and kept his job. What's your point?

Old 06-11-2018, 11:47 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
I agree, he's fed up, fired up.. he's "mad as hell and is not going to take it anymore". He is speaking for many. It just so happened that he let it out in this setting, however I don't think it's so terrible. Many young people are getting fired up too and they are the future.

For those of you picking on the man and his work...he is not "washed up" and will always be great actor. Many once-celebrated actors are not continuously in award-winning films. I don't think he would care if some make fun of his films, being a citizen and like others having seen better days, is expressing how he is appalled at the current disaster and wants to see things get back on track.

It was a poor choice of words but I agree. It's relevant to the children. Children are our future. They need to fight for truth and holding accountability for authority figures. Bill Maher says the president is now above the law and I agree with him. It shouldn't be that way though.

You know they won't see it that way though. They're too far up Trump's behind to understand the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Give us an example where Trump has used worse language and in from of a bunch of high school kids? Don't like Trump, your right and your right to post your dissatisfaction but don't make things up. I have never heard him talk that way in front of a large crowd. He says a lot I don't happen to think is in good taste but I have never heard him call someone what De Niro called him.
Curse words are just words. It's about context. You want a good example of inappropriate behavior from Trump? The Coast Guard graduation speech. He used that time to whine about how the media is unfair to him. Now granted they are not high school kids but it's still very inappropriate. There are also a few lines in the Boy Scout speech that are not appropriate. Even though most of it was passable those few lines ruin the whole speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Unless you are not a citizen then he is your president.
So where's my dream job? Has he got it for me yet? What about the rise in my electric bill? If he's MY president I get to tell him what to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
You should have a 1/10th of his success...at this point he can say what he wants and his peers love him and I have enjoyed MANY yrs of his work. De Niro for president.
I haven't seen most of his movies but I would take him over Trump anyday (I'd take a twig over Trump though)
I don't know if you remember California Raisins but when I think of Lick Broccoli he reminds me of a punk rock version of Trump.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:49 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

It was a poor choice of words but I agree. It's relevant to the children. Children are our future. They need to fight for truth and holding accountability for authority figures. Bill Maher says the president is now above the law and I agree with him. It shouldn't be that way though.

You know they won't see it that way though. They're too far up Trump's behind to understand the point.”

Trump is the most criticized president ever

It was Obama’s that was never held accountable

Old 06-11-2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Leftists have been comparing Trump to Hitler ever since he started running? Lmao . You know it is true and it’s not even close
They (we) do it with substance. He litterally follows the fascist playbook. Deamonize and silence the press. Scapegoat people that don't look like us. Promise jobs you can't promise and blame scary people that are not like us for your problems. Even the MAGA slogan is a nationalist throwback to Hitler.

You can't blame people for stating what is fact. The projecting comment was about how Conservatives compared Obama to Hitler for 8+ years, with absolutely no standing other than partisan politics and potentially racism.

Old 06-11-2018, 11:52 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
De niro is a good actor but he needs to look at his sex offender record with children before he talks about the presidents morality

Old 06-11-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:

You know they won't see it that way though. They're too far up Trump's behind to understand the point.”

That's like comparing Vinni Testeverdi to Joe Montana and whining that he was unfairly criticized....

Old 06-11-2018, 11:53 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:

You're right he is but for a reason and he's not being held accountable by his cabinet. They make every excuse for him and the more citizens who stand up against it the more likely they are to not be able to ignore the complaints.

For what? No previous president has said/done half the things that Trump has. If you weren't in the cult you would see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
They (we) do it with substance. He litterally follows the fascist playbook. Deamonize and silence the press. Scapegoat people that don't look like us. Promise jobs you can't promise and blame scary people that are not like us for your problems. Even the MAGA slogan is a nationalist throwback to Hitler.

You can't blame people for stating what is fact. The projecting comment was about how Conservatives compared Obama to Hitler for 8+ years, with absolutely no standing other than partisan politics and potentially racism.

Yeah but Trump can't read a book let alone write one. He's too stupid to be Hitler.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:00 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,312,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
A Congressman called him a Liar ON THE FLOOR OF THE CAPITAL, got applauded by RWNJ's and kept his job. What's your point?
Because he's a politician who has been ELECTED and can't lose their job unless there's been a significant criminal act or resignation. If you're a figure who has a contract in the entertainment business, the line isn't drawn equally. If you hold views that reflect Hollywood standards, you're in the clear. If you're not, you get lashed at by the same people who claim that they have no tolerance for bullying. They're not practicing what they preach unless their views match yours. Roseannes comment equates what Michelle Wolf did to Sarah Sanders and she kept her job?

Old 06-11-2018, 12:04 PM

590 posts, read 554,987 times
What else should we expect from a foul-mouthed liberal like Di Nero.

Old 06-11-2018, 12:37 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times
So De Niro is all washed up and indoctrinating people, but it's okay to listen to Roseanne, Kanye West and Kid Rock?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies