Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2018, 10:49 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I guess that’s why Trump has the lowest approval among Independents of any modern President with the exception of the Post-Watergate Richard Nixon.

Yeah. Those approval polls really meant a lot since he was polling bad with them since 2015

Old 06-12-2018, 10:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I guess that’s why Trump has the lowest approval among Independents of any modern President with the exception of the Post-Watergate Richard Nixon.
It's funny too, that many of the independents are former Republicans who are appalled by what their party had become. They have been driven out of their own party by Tea party purges and Trump-Mania.

The Republican party was born out of the demise of the Whigs and the collapse of the Know-Nothings (that's really what people called them ... until they joined the Republicans ). I wonder what will replace the Republicans?

Old 06-12-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It's funny too, that many of the independents are former Republicans who are appalled by what their party had become.

The Republican party was born out of the demise of the Whigs and the Know-Nothings. I wonder what will replace the Republicans?

Oh yes. The Republican Party is finished meme. I’ve heard that a lot in the run up to 2016 as well. What’s with libs recycling so much old material today?

Old 06-12-2018, 11:10 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
It seems the more Trump ... and America wins the more De Niro whines .

Such a pity to be so rich yet so miserable ..

Old 06-12-2018, 12:24 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
And has it happened?

The media can say whatever they want and have more freedom than ever. They’re allowed to post outright falsehoods and get away with it
No, let’s hope that it doesn’t.

Like Fox News and other Conservative media do also. Stop blaming th left wing media for what the right does too.

Old 06-12-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
No, let’s hope that it doesn’t.

Like Fox News and other Conservative media do also. Stop blaming th left wing media for what the right does too.

Fox News usually makes it clear they are posting opinions. Ever some Trump has taken office mainstream media outlets like NBC and CNN have madd numerous errors they have passed off as legitimate stories and they all make Trump look bad

Old 06-12-2018, 07:48 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times
They should have told Mr GoodFellas to take a hike. That school district needs to lose its accreditation real quick.

Old 06-12-2018, 08:37 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Who the p-h-u-c-k cares what Bob De Niro says about Trump? I sure as hell could care less and I can't stand Trump!

But Hollywood ought to impose a muzzle on De Niro because he only HELPS Trump rile up his base with these attacks.

I don't listen to any actors/musicians regarding politics no matter what their position is.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:49 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Default Di Nero's Behavior

I have sat back and watched De Niro, and other liberal actors, actresses, late night TV Hosts, etc....come out publically and thoroughly humiliate the President....Jimmy Fallon, SNL, My gosh, I used to love all these people...no more...and it's not because I voted for Trump, it's the way they go about it, the disgusting jokes they tell, they are so closed off to anything and everything, it's all about wanting their way...they won't give him the benefit of the doubt, and are so down right angry?

He of course, is not perfect, his mouth is terrible...but, for the most part, I am pleased with what he has been doing for our country. I believe he should be doing more for our Vets, as he promised to do. But for the most part, I am pleased with what he has been trying to do. Of course, Congress blocks him every chance they get.

I remember a time when we started threads about not liking what Obama was doing and we were called racists for having an opinion....?????? We were not allowed to talk about his work performance?

But, the republicans do the same thing when they get in office....so, they all act like kindergardners

So, to see De Niro, come down on the President, solidifies in my mind, just how bat **** crazy some people can be...what he and all the rest do not realize, they wouldn't be where they are today, if it weren't for us?

They couldn't sell movies if we'd refuse to go...

I equate De Niro, and Meryle Streep with Jane Fonda....and I used to admire and respect them both, but not any more. I believe strongly that they think and believe, their money can buy the political choices....look at Oprah and how much she gave the Obama Campaign?

But, that's par for the course I guess..but I don't like the fact that they are so rich they are disconnected with what real life is, and are used to getting what they want, and when it doesn't materialize, they act out like insane babies....I mean, my gosh, I used to have so much respect for him and Ms. Streep...no more...

Its a changed world, and the way adults talk, it's no wonder kids are bullies in schools. No wonder at all...what a bad role model these people propose the the whole world.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 06-13-2018 at 05:01 AM..

Old 06-13-2018, 05:08 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
I hear what you're saying. I guess I just don't care enough about what they have to say. I just don't care.

Your last sentence strikes me though: "It's a changed world, the way the adults talk..."

That starts right at the top. The worst of the worst talkers is Donald Trump. Just this past weekend, I believe it was Bill Maher who was commenting on Trump complaining about Samantha Bee. He showed several clips from Trump's campaign rallies and, my god, the foul language he used to talk about people and issues. I never knew. So the fish rots from the head down and I think Donald Trump has set such a negative speech tone that it has emboldened people to speak in the same way and, yes, it's not respectable. But you get what you give.

Last edited by ChristineVA; 06-13-2018 at 05:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies