Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2018, 06:18 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times

Advertisements

Trump supporters don't care about spending now nor do they care about the deficit, they only cared about then when a Dem was President. They also don't care about our troops. That is obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 06:21 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Trump supporters don't care about spending now nor do they care about the deficit, they only cared about then when a Dem was President. They also don't care about our troops. That is obvious.
No matter who's been in the White House, historically, US spending has been much less when the Republicans were in control of the Congress.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:29 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Deployed Inside the United States: The Military Waits for the Migrant Caravan
With little electricity, no combat pay and holidays away from home, the 5,600 American troops on the southwest border are on a mission ordered by a politically determined commander in chief and a Pentagon unable to convince him of its perils.
By Thomas Gibbons-Neff and Helene Cooper

“When you give a soldier a real mission, you have less of a morale problem, even if it’s Christmas or Thanksgiving,” said Representative Anthony G. Brown, Democrat of Maryland and a former Army helicopter pilot who served in the Iraq war. “But when you send a soldier on a dubious mission, with no military value, over Thanksgiving, it doesn’t help morale at all.”

A final cost estimate of the deployment has not been made available. But Defense Department budget officials fret that if the number of troops sent to the border does reach 15,000, the price tag could hit $200,000,000, with no specific budget allocation from which to draw.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/10/u...t-caravan.html

(By the way, since so many Trump supporters object to taxes, I wonder about the reaction to $200,000,000 spent on one brief little border escapade. Which will win out - their paranoia about immigrants or their tightfistedness about their money?)
Find someone who cares.
Those of us who were in the service (9 years active, for me) endured "times away from home". We missed lots of Christmases and Thanksgivings, and lots of those were while right here in the US. It's part of being in the service.
I'm glad the troops are at the border. They're young; they can handle it.

Old 11-26-2018, 06:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Find someone who cares.
Those of us who were in the service (9 years active, for me) endured "times away from home". We missed lots of Christmases and Thanksgivings, and lots of those were while right here in the US. It's part of being in the service.
I'm glad the troops are at the border. They're young; they can handle it.
Damn right, most of them have been dreaming of doing something other than drills.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:24 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,128 times
Quote:
With little electricity, no combat pay and holidays away from home, the 5,600 American troops on the southwest border are on a mission ordered by a politically determined commander in chief and a Pentagon unable to convince him of its perils.

“When you give a soldier a real mission, you have less of a morale problem, even if it’s Christmas or Thanksgiving,” said Representative Anthony G. Brown, Democrat of Maryland and a former Army helicopter pilot who served in the Iraq war. “But when you send a soldier on a dubious mission, with no military value, over Thanksgiving, it doesn’t help morale at all.”

A final cost estimate of the deployment has not been made available. But Defense Department budget officials fret that if the number of troops sent to the border does reach 15,000, the price tag could hit $200,000,000, with no specific budget allocation from which to draw.

(By the way, since so many Trump supporters object to taxes, I wonder about the reaction to $200,000,000 spent on one brief little border escapade. Which will win out - their paranoia about immigrants or their tightfistedness about their money?)
I never served in the military, so . . .

What is surprising is that it costs so much. You would think that they would roll up in some trucks, a food canteen wagon, hand out MRE rations, a couple of tents, sleeping bags, a medic unit, and some communications gear. Maybe there is more, I did see a mention of Marine (USMC) helicopters, so may be that is where the cost lies - all the flight plans, spare parts, safety protocols, coordination, and maintenance facilities.

What also is surprising is the complaints by civilians how the soldiers are treated by being in the field. I would think that if you want a desk job, you are unlikely to enlist. Conversely, if you want to be in the open and do stuff others just won't do and challenge yourself, you enlist.

Like I said, I never served so I may be completely wrong.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:27 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:

I'm a Trump Supporter.

Haven't you realized by now that the NY Times lies about Trump and to you? Do you have any idea what you just said? The number is mind mindbogglingly wrong. Of course if you believe the NYT without question, I can see why.

Come back with something not clipped from their opinion page, then you might have something to talk about.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:33 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
I spent my 21st birthday, Thanksgiving ,Christmas and New years eve in one of these. I was one of the lucky ones...……..
https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...=13&ajaxhist=0

Last edited by jeffdoorgunner; 11-26-2018 at 07:35 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-26-2018, 07:56 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm a Trump Supporter.

Haven't you realized by now that the NY Times lies about Trump and to you? Do you have any idea what you just said? The number is mind mindbogglingly wrong. Of course if you believe the NYT without question, I can see why.

Come back with something not clipped from their opinion page, then you might have something to talk about.
You realize those numbers came straight from the defense department, right?

As usual you don't have an actual argument so you just scream about the source and substitute your own fact-free, entirely fictional reality.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:07 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
combat pay you say?

LMAO

Old 11-26-2018, 08:34 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

How many illegals are you going to sponsor? Oh, zero? Then you are part of the problem if not THE problem with this crap. Sleep well knowing that. Or not, we don't care.

Those of us that have to live this every day don't feel a damn thing for people like you. We've had our place ransacked twice by illegals. Were they caught? Ya. Did we get our stuff back? No.

Come on down and feel what it's like to live with illegals vs your basement and internet connection. It's always easier to spend other people's money huh.

I'm hoping you get to deal with the illegals the same way my family has. Illegal drivers, burglary, schools in shambles.

We are so tired of the low information posters that think all, or even most, of these people are actual refugees. Morons. It reminds me of the people holding signs saying they are homeless but turn down food hoping for cash.
Not a damn thing different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies