Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 05:38 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Well I wasn't wrong about Afghanistan, I will admit that I stand corrected on Iraq. Iraq we were kicked out of when Hillary couldn't seal the deal. That was one failure I was happy for.
Yay team! Move that goalpost, move that goalpost, move that goalpost!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 07:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Your links usually load very quickly.

There was a slight delay on that one and, given the title (above the image in the link as it loads, not the text of the link to be clicked on), I thought...during those seconds before the image loaded....that there might not be anything to load .
Loads fine on mine.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:53 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Come on. I also served in the Airborne Infantry and you and I both know that as light fighting troops, we didn’t expect any luxuries that we couldn’t carry. That’s not comparable to what people in non combat arms jobs routinely take for granted.

The people in question are within our borders, not in a combat zone, and there’s absolutely no reason why they shouldn’t have a field kitchen serving hot meals at chow and generators to provide electricity. They aren’t on the DMZ. Get real. The only guys that should be eating the MRE are guys out on patrol. Everyone else should be getting 3 hots and sleeping in warmed or cooled tents.

Let’s not get carried away with the war stories regarding our own service. It’s not applicable here.

Forgive my lack of sympathy, but they'll be fine for a couple of month without their IPads and cell phones. Maybe the MRE's will even help them lose a little weight so they can pass a PT test for a change. They're supposed to be soldiers after all.

And by the way, I am totally opposed to troops being used in this manner because it really is just a political stunt. However, that doesn't change my thoughts on their ability to deal with a little "hardship" every now and then. Don't worry about them too much though, they'll be back to their barracks eating hot chow and playing video games all day in no time. Maybe they'll even have a good story or two to tell about how hard they had it camping safely on the border.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:16 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Forgive my lack of sympathy, but they'll be fine for a couple of month without their IPads and cell phones. Maybe the MRE's will even help them lose a little weight so they can pass a PT test for a change. They're supposed to be soldiers after all.

And by the way, I am totally opposed to troops being used in this manner because it really is just a political stunt. However, that doesn't change my thoughts on their ability to deal with a little "hardship" every now and then. Don't worry about them too much though, they'll be back to their barracks eating hot chow and playing video games all day in no time. Maybe they'll even have a good story or two to tell about how hard they had it camping safely on the border.
As I mentioned before, since the money for this is coming out of their O&M hides, I suspect the units are using this to hit some rapid deployment training tasks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies