Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 09:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times

Advertisements

I suspect that there is a very precise, very specific reason why the press release came out, why it came from whom it came from, and why it contains every word contained within it. It's quite intriguing. I can't even begin to guess that I know what's happening in Washington, but I'd venture a guess that it was very much a parting blow offered in exchange for a grievous offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 09:50 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
2 more years of drama! Hold on for the long ride. I have a feeling Trump is no different with his wife than he is with any other woman he comes in contact with. He has a pattern.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
What were the specific demeaning statements that FLOTUS purportedly made? Not really getting a story out this. The linked article makes no mention of anything other than the one statement made public, which you posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
You didn’t answer the question. What were the demeaning comments that she purportedly made to a “number” of media outlets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
#fakenews and lies. Melania didn't send or say anything here.
Stephanie Grisham, Director of Communications for FLOTUS, issued a statement saying Mira Ricardel no longer deserves the honor of serving the WH. Employers don’t usually make public statements like this.

Sounds like an internal drama to me. Sounds like perhaps Kelly refused to take action so the FLOTUS had a public statement issued to create a stink.

Ricardel was subsequently reassigned to another function- not terminated.

The entire WH is full of drama queens and most are male.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
So Stephanie Grisham is now Melania herself?
She is Director of Communications and designated spokes person for FLOTUS.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:28 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Who is "Melanie"? Does Trump have another daughter we don't know about?
Trump referred to his wife as Melanie at some point recently. I think it was a tweet, you know, one of the the official pronouncements from the president ...

Old 11-15-2018, 10:31 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Stephanie Grisham, Director of Communications for FLOTUS, issued a statement saying Mira Ricardel no longer deserves the honor of serving the WH. Employers don’t usually make public statements like this.

Sounds like an internal drama to me. Sounds like perhaps Kelly refused to take action so the FLOTUS had a public statement issued to create a stink.

Ricardel was subsequently reassigned to another function- not terminated.

The entire WH is full of drama queens and most are male.
I wonder when General Kelly will try to salvage one last tiny shred of his dignity and get the hell away from that den of vipers.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:43 AM

6,736 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I wonder when General Kelly will try to salvage one last tiny shred of his dignity and get the hell away from that den of vipers.

The antics of all the Trumps in the WH, just tell you they have absolutely zero political couth. They have run off a lot of good people, trying of dealing with them and their ways.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:57 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
With all the hiring and firing going on in the white house is this what Trump meant when he said he was going to drain the swamp?

Old 11-15-2018, 11:06 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
The antics of all the Trumps in the WH, just tell you they have absolutely zero political couth. They have run off a lot of good people, trying of dealing with them and their ways.
When they finally vacate the premises, we are going to have to fumigate the place ...

Old 11-15-2018, 11:38 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Mrs. Trump's communications director issued a press release; the media merely reported it.

If you're going to assign blame, at least blame the correct party.

Are you familiar with the phrase "stay in your lane"?

Ms. Ricardel was not employed by Mrs. Trump. Mrs. Trump has no authority to hire or fire Ms. Ricardel. Issuing a press release criticizing Ms. Ricardel's professional competence was out of line.

Say instead we're talking about a bank. Ms. Ricardel is the head teller, and Mrs. Trump runs the loan department. The head teller's immediate supervisor is the branch manager. The head of the loan department - a completely different department - does not have the authority to go over the branch manager's head and hire or fire the tellers. Issuing a press release criticizing the head teller's professional capabilities could be considered slander.

Truth or not, the actions of neither President Obama nor Mrs. Clinton are germane to a press release issued by the current First Lady's office. Try to stay on topic ...
Mrs. Trump can say anything she wants about this woman, and from past history, I'd say the woman was out of line...or Mrs. Trump wouldn't have said a word...so....why not wait and see what happens...

and yeah, I can stay in my lane perfectly...my car has lane assistance....can you? LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies