Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 09:01 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
This is a great post. I'm surprised I was the target of it, but I'm glad you got to make it.

Maybe I should have said, 'If you look at just the number of gains and losses, and ignore everything else,' but I thought that sounded harsh, and I'm trying to be more civil.

I agree with you completely, but I'm still apprehensive about continued gains in Texas as I think Beto played a big role in getting people to vote Democrat down the ballot.
Not trying to sound harsh - but the numbers and House Seats and Gov's are a big deal...really big. The total votes are big also. Much of this is a direct repudiation of Trump.

If, for example, Kasich has been elected and he worked with Congress and Dems, etc. then we'd be seeing different results. Americans tend to have a short memory (less than a decade..at the longest!), so they are likely to forget Trump when he is gone and say "oh, we are nice and polite and love women and immigrants" later on.

Texas, from what I hear, is turning. Truth is that they wanted to sit in their A/C and make oil deals - and so they imported vast amounts of labor over the past decades. To the Hispanics we can add the Tech Workers who tend to run more centrist. Remember, even before Beto we had those two brothers who are the rising stars and gonna run for POTUS in 2020 (Mayor of San Anton?)....??

I think the Dems now have a solid foundation and, like everywhere else, the dynamic cities are becoming more liberal. This trend would seem hard to reverse. Only so many you can sign up for the Far Right Wing sects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 09:17 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,837,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
With that special suitcase he travels everywhere with, he's given me many sleepless nights.
Do you REALLY think his handlers would actually give him the REAL SUITCASE, the one with the codes ? I bet there is just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his suitcase. They probably never have let him know that he has the ability to launch missiles.

"Here, Mr. President, we not only put your PB and J sandwich in there today, but the chef made you a brownie too !"

Old 11-15-2018, 09:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Do you REALLY think his handlers would actually give him the REAL SUITCASE, the one with the codes ? I bet there is just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his suitcase. They probably never have let him know that he has the ability to launch missiles.

"Here, Mr. President, we not only put your PB and J sandwich in there today, but the chef made you a brownie too !"
LOL, two brownies. I'm the president, after all.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:02 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
LOL, two brownies. I'm the president, after all.
And they're magic brownies too.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:18 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Trump is clearly sick and unhinged but the midterms have accelerated his downward spiral. The stuff that comes out of his mouth is crazier than before. He looks like he is lost and confused when he should be in top form and dealing with foreign leaders.

Like his usual behavior, if something doesn't go as planned he separates himself from it and either ignores it (like the caravan and the troops on the border) or he sloughs off all responsibility like a snake sheds its skin (as in claiming he doesn't know Whitaker) and finds someone to blame. Now it is getting worse...he claims the elections were lost because Democrats dressed up in disguises and voted multiple times. That claim alone should be sufficient evidence of insanity.
Has there ever been a time in our country, when the downfall of the President would have been such a great benefit to everyone? Even Nixon had some redeeming qualities. He opened up contact with China and was in favor of a good, universal healthcare program.

Old 11-15-2018, 10:40 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Has there ever been a time in our country, when the downfall of the President would have been such a great benefit to everyone? Even Nixon had some redeeming qualities. He opened up contact with China and was in favor of a good, universal healthcare program.
No, the challenge is to get rid of a chief executive, using the constitutional process, when he feels he effectively has all power. It is imperative if we are to save the nation.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:12 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
And they're magic brownies too.
Ah, another piece of the puzzle.

Old 11-16-2018, 03:15 AM

736 posts, read 456,076 times
Donald Trump...putting the P-O-S in POTUS.

Old 11-16-2018, 05:55 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,845,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I was just thinking about this earlier. After getting his butt kicked last week in the midterms and then getting ripped for his screw up of the European trip, Trump has got to be running on fumes at this point.

Mushroom Donald needs to hold another rally in some airport hanger in small-town America to reenergize. Trump is just like a whiney millennial in that he needs his safe spaces.

Most of Trump's rallies are full of his nuttiest supporters and they scream and cheer for him makes Donny feel good about himself. Might be time for another rally after getting smoked last Tuesday.

Subpoenas are coming, and Trump is losing it.
Since I was around when Nixon stepped down, I see a similarity. Trump has that look about him, that his finale, on this reality show is here. Finally, he may man up and resign. Most people seem to know when a job is above their ability. This guy never learned that fact. He has been riding along, singing the same old song all of his life.

Maybe, now he might have the guts to realize how bad he is for America and the world.

Time will tell. Hope he does not take too much time, to step down. Maybe, that's why he is sending Pence on missions, getting ready for a change?

Would be a mighty fine holiday gift for all, if the nutty president and commander and chief would just say good bye.

Last edited by mollygee; 11-16-2018 at 06:05 AM..

Old 11-16-2018, 06:08 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Since I was around when Nixon stepped down, I see a similarity. Trump has that look about him, that the *** is up. Finally, he may man up and resign. Most people seem to know when a job is above their ability. This guy never learned that fact. He has been riding along, singing the same old song all of his life.

Maybe, now he might have the guts to realize how bad he is for America and the world.

Time will tell. Hope he does not take too much time, to step down. Maybe, that's why he is sending Pence on missions, getting ready for a change?

Would be a mighty fine holiday gift for all, if the nutty president and commander and chief would just say good bye.
I don't think he'll have the common decency to step down. He probably thinks that's a move for "losers".

I hope that tRump bitterly regrets his presidential run. He really let his ego get the better of him and ruined his nice, simple billionaire con man's life.

The Presidential Pout
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies