Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 06:10 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times

Advertisements

The chart on this page is pretty nifty about how far the Dems (Gov. Races) overcame the "Republican lean" or otherwise:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ikely-to-lose/

Kansas, for example, the Dem won against the Deplorable by 28% over the "lean". Even the losers, like Gillum and Abrams did vastly better than the Republican lean in their states.

Of course, I'm sure Trump presented his bankruptcies to investors as "good things", so he's spinning and spinning.

You never know, but if the Republicans have any decency they will primary Trump outa there for 2020 in favor of a normal person. I'm sure they can come up with a Big Lie to let him leave if the Indictments don't get him ("I did more than any POTUS in history and now I want to spend more time with my Businesses")....

The only thing positive about his "reign" is that he will likely go down as the very worst POTUS in history...or dang close. We know he likes to be "on top", so I suspect he will be #1 (bottom).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2018, 07:02 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I don't think he'll have the common decency to step down. He probably thinks that's a move for "losers".

I hope that tRump bitterly regrets his presidential run. He really let his ego get the better of him and ruined his nice, simple billionaire con man's life.

The Presidential Pout

I predicted even before the election that, should Trump win, he would serve two years and then resign, claiming that he had accomplished all that he set out to do. I am still of that opinion.

For instance, has a Wall been built and paid for by Mexico?

Well, he has dropped the part about Mexico paying for it. However, on multiple occasions he has claimed (at rallies, mainly) that the wall is indeed being built (a lie, but then again, that is what he does). Last week he even claimed that our military was building a 'barbed wire wall', which is really lowering the bar of his initial definition of 'wall'.

However, the point is, in his mind he has accomplished the wall. He also likes to note his other accomplishments; witness his 'promises made, promises kept' slogan. In his mind, he has kept all of his campaign promises (well, except for getting after the hedge fund managers and a few other things, but that is quibbling).

So, I still maintain (although I would not bet heavy money on it) that Mr. Trump will, come January, announce that he has accomplished all that he has set out to do, and so will retire to private life to resume building (or rebuilding) his brand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies