Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 02:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...te-newsletter/

This past January, ISIS' Rumiyah magazine -- which is published in multiple languages including English -- stressed to would-be jihadists that "incendiary attacks have played a significant role in modern and guerrilla warfare, as well as in 'lone wolf' terrorism," claiming a November fire at a furniture factory in Losino-Petrovsky, Russia, and highlighting scores of wildfires around Israel that month as incidents that "demonstrated the lethality of such an effortless operation."

ISIS Details Devastation of California Wildfires in Caliphate Newsletter

Old 11-14-2018, 02:32 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://pjmedia.com/homeland-securit...te-newsletter/

This past January, ISIS' Rumiyah magazine -- which is published in multiple languages including English -- stressed to would-be jihadists that "incendiary attacks have played a significant role in modern and guerrilla warfare, as well as in 'lone wolf' terrorism," claiming a November fire at a furniture factory in Losino-Petrovsky, Russia, and highlighting scores of wildfires around Israel that month as incidents that "demonstrated the lethality of such an effortless operation."

ISIS Details Devastation of California Wildfires in Caliphate Newsletter
Do you by any chance have a link to a more reliable or well-known website? I don't even feel comfortable clicking on that suspect website you provided on my work computer.

I googled PJ Media, and mediabiasfactcheck.com says the site you linked above is "extreme right."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/pj-media/

Old 11-14-2018, 02:40 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Do you by any chance have a link to a more reliable or well-known website? I don't even feel comfortable clicking on that suspect website you provided on my work computer.

I googled PJ Media, and mediabiasfactcheck.com says the site you linked above is "extreme right."

I wouldn't click on their sources either.

However, I've posted here in the past, probably over a year ago that terrorists, nutjobs etc. can easily cause massive deaths and devastation without guns by just copying tragic events or other attacks.

That means club fires, rental trucks, brush fires and so forth are all real threats and can be executed for under $100 with items almost anyone can get no questions asked.

So, even though there is some wackjob rightwing cite might be pointing this out, it's certainly likely that terror groups read newspapers and are thinking how easy it is to do something like that.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:42 PM

463 posts, read 189,308 times
Remember when Texas had a catastrophe and Hollywood mocked Republicans and had the blasphemous and audacious attitude to claim that God was punishing us because we voted for Trump?

And remember how for years California has been a godless and moral-less society and not one Hollywood celeb has ever made a similar claim and has had fires year, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year .... ?

Me too

Old 11-14-2018, 02:44 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
I don't have a link, but I definitely remember hearing years ago, there were concerns from DHS that one of the tactics ISIS would try and use to cause trouble was massive forest fires. Not new news.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:47 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Remember when Texas had a catastrophe and Hollywood mocked Republicans and had the blasphemous and audacious attitude to claim that God was punishing us because we voted for Trump?

And remember how for years California has been a godless and moral-less society and not one Hollywood celeb has ever made a similar claim and has had fires year, after year, after year, after year, after year, after year .... ?

Me too
You act as if your religion and God matters to people who don't believe in it.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:48 PM

463 posts, read 189,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
You act as if your religion and God matters to people who don't believe in it.
You're so edgy and cool, make sure you tell that to Jesus before bending the knee

Old 11-14-2018, 02:52 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
You're so edgy and cool, make sure you tell that to Jesus before bending the knee
*whoosh*

But thanks for acknowledging my edginess and coolness, much appreciated. I tend to agree but I reluctantly admit I am biased.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:57 PM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

your statement is just not true. it says 'right'. when you put in huffpost, cnn, vox - those are no further left than pj media is right. Do you feel unsafe clicking on vox? try being honest

Old 11-14-2018, 03:00 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
However, I've posted here in the past, probably over a year ago that terrorists, nutjobs etc. can easily cause massive deaths and devastation without guns by just copying tragic events or other attacks.

That means club fires, rental trucks, brush fires and so forth are all real threats and can be executed for under $100 with items almost anyone can get no questions asked.

So, even though there is some wackjob rightwing cite might be pointing this out, it's certainly likely that terror groups read newspapers and are thinking how easy it is to do something like that.
Very true, unfortunately.

whether it be a Muslim terrorist, a right-wing White Nationalist terrorist, or aleft-wing Antifa terrorist..... if somebody wants to kill people badly enough, there are many things one can do to cause chaos and death without using guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies