Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 10:45 AM

1,074 posts, read 950,397 times

Advertisements

On Nov. 12, this Monday, I had work despite it being Veterans Day Observed since Veterans Day 2018 fell on a Sunday, Nov. 11.

At work the next day, one of my co-workers slammed San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kiddle for shaking the hand of every troop during the Nov. 12 Monday Night Football game between the Giants and 49ers, two old NFC rivals.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/sport...2#rebelltitem2

My coworker screamed and lashed out complaining that Kaepernick still is unemployed by the NFL.

She said, "I don't cater to cops or the military. They and the Klan literally go hand in hand".

Most of my coworkers, even my liberal coworkers were shocked.

Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 11:19 AM

36,563 posts, read 30,891,756 times
If your friend ever finds herself in need of an officer to report a crime, work a traffic accident, direct traffic, look for a missing loved one, protect her from assault, lead a funeral procession, put the body of a family member in a body bag, arrest a criminal, hook her up with various agencies, break up fights at ball games, get her keys out of her locked car, keep her kids school safe, deliver a baby, get rid of a rabid or loose animal, etc. tell her to call the KKK. Or if there is ever a natural disaster or an invasion, tell her to ask the KKK for help.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:24 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
On Nov. 12, this Monday, I had work despite it being Veterans Day Observed since Veterans Day 2018 fell on a Sunday, Nov. 11.

At work the next day, one of my co-workers slammed San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kiddle for shaking the hand of every troop during the Nov. 12 Monday Night Football game between the Giants and 49ers, two old NFC rivals.

My coworker screamed and lashed out complaining that Kaepernick still is unemployed by the NFL.

She said, "I don't cater to cops or the military. They and the Klan literally go hand in hand".

Wow.
well, she's entitled to her opinion, but I wonder if your employer is going to fire her ass for offensive speech.

consequence remember?

Wait! I am sure she is safe. Won't be fired, life goes on.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, she's entitled to her opinion, but I wonder if your employer is going to fire her ass for offensive speech.

consequence remember?

Wait! I am sure she is safe. Won't be fired, life goes on.

She probably will not get fired from her job.

There is freedom of speech in the workplace and academia.

She is calling on Kittle to apologize for potentially offending victims of the Iraq and Afghanistan war (probably Middle Eastern civilians) and family members who died at the hands of police officers.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:27 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,404,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post

Wow.
Kaepernick might still have enough money in the bank than what most Americans might make in a year. Some cops and military folks do go hand-in-hand with the level of detestableness than the KKK are at.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:28 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Your coworker is an idiot and you should have called her out on it...

Old 11-15-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Kaepernick might still have enough money in the bank than what most Americans might make in a year. Some cops and military folks do go hand-in-hand with the level of detestableness than the KKK are at.

They are bad cops, they are good cops.

Police officers nationally need to be retrained and there needs to be less emphasis on excessive use of force.

Police officers should be respected, but police officers should not shoot unarmed people.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:32 AM

16,102 posts, read 10,766,542 times
Sounds like a personal problem...
People who watch NFL only to see who kneels or doesn't or who shakes hands or doesn't and then decide to run their mouth about it (as in Trump and others) need counseling or therapy.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Your coworker is an idiot and you should have called her out on it...
I told her not all police officers are bad and it was not the U.S. military's decision to go to Afghanistan in 2001.

She said that the U.S. was to blame for the 9/11/01 attacks and that we should have negotiated with Al-Qeada and the Taliban to work a peace and money settlement deal to cover the financial and burial costs of the 9/11 victims instead of going to Afghan and getting stuck in an endless war for 17 years.

I did not agree with the Bush administration on going to the Iraq War. The Iraq War was a waste of time. Period. A complete waste. Saddam did not have weapons of mass destruction. Period.

Old 11-15-2018, 11:38 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Being anti-war and anti Military are not necessarily the same thing. neither of which have anything to do with Cops.. being anti-cop can be dangerous so tread at your own risk.

Regardless, there are too many minorities in both roles to compare either to the Klan. I have met many many people who are anti-war and are suspicious of most police officers but none of them are dumb enough to equate either group to the Klan. Your coworker sounds like an anarchist which (IMO) is worse than any klan member.. If I were you I would ignore this coworker at all costs.. she sounds like nothing but trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies