Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 10:54 AM

36,797 posts, read 18,718,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Let me guess.....you were ok with Michelle O the biggest diva to ever hit the WH with a staff of 20+ staff bleeding the country dry.......
Michelle had the same number of aides as Laura Bush. A normal retinue, in other words. Apparently Melania isn't planning on doing enough of anything to keep a staff busy.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/staff-injection/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 11:11 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,018,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Please tell us when was the last time you booked an event for Prince Harry and Prime Minister Trudeau?

Here’s a hint. They do not meet in ballrooms or in a conference room next door to an Avon conference. They meet in Presidential Suites for what should be obvious reasons. As Mikala mentioned, it is likely they had to book the entire floor for security reasons.

She was there representing the US for the Invictus Games, just as Michelle Obama was in Orlando for the same event when she was FLOTUS.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/23/polit...mes/index.html
Yeah, right, sure, Melania had a reception for 100 athletes in the presidential suite of a hotel. Thanks, I'll see myself out now because there's no point in discussing this topic with people who have no concept of reality

Old 11-17-2018, 01:16 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,284,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Some people will say: Look, there are securities and advance team send to protect her; and they cost a lot of money!

True, but the hotel bill of $174,000 DOES NOT include said expenses. For the record, the advance team's total expense was only $18,000 and it's not included in the $174,000 hotel bill for Melania Trump. $174,000 is only the hotel bill for our First Lady and nothing else.

You may ask: Maybe Melania spend the night at the most expensive suite!! Well, the very top rated room in Ritz Carlton was $8,000. And for the record, Melania did not spend the night.

So how does it come out to $174,000??

I guess you'll have to know GOP math because WH officials are refusing to comment.

Melania Trump racked up $174,000 in hotel bills for a day trip to Toronto

Anyone who has posed nude in a centerfold is "trash."

Old 11-17-2018, 01:23 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,405,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Some people will say: Look, there are securities and advance team send to protect her; and they cost a lot of money!

True, but the hotel bill of $174,000 DOES NOT include said expenses. For the record, the advance team's total expense was only $18,000 and it's not included in the $174,000 hotel bill for Melania Trump. $174,000 is only the hotel bill for our First Lady and nothing else.

You may ask: Maybe Melania spend the night at the most expensive suite!! Well, the very top rated room in Ritz Carlton was $8,000. And for the record, Melania did not spend the night.

So how does it come out to $174,000??

I guess you'll have to know GOP math because WH officials are refusing to comment.

Melania Trump racked up $174,000 in hotel bills for a day trip to Toronto

Melania contributes nothing to anything. There is no reason for her to go anywhere other than Trump Tower in Manhattan or stay in the White House. She has zero credibility, having to plagiarize Michelle Obama in her attempt at public speaking during the nomination process, and being an international embarrassment when she made a highly publicized trip to the U.S./Mexican border.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:32 PM

48,264 posts, read 34,383,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Melania contributes nothing to anything. There is no reason for her to go anywhere other than Trump Tower in Manhattan or stay in the White House. She has zero credibility, having to plagiarize Michelle Obama in her attempt at public speaking during the nomination process, and being an international embarrassment when she made a highly publicized trip to the U.S./Mexican border.
In all fairness, that's on her speech "writers", I doubt she had any knowledge of it.

I do not think that Melania has been a productive first lady, she dresses impeccably and looks nice, but anything else seems unlikely.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2018, 04:36 PM

19,700 posts, read 11,951,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yeah, right, sure, Melania has a reception for 100 athletes in the presidential suite of a hotel. Thanks, I'll see myself out now because there's no point in discussing this topic with people who have no concept of reality
What are you rambling about? She met with Prime Minister Trudeau and Prince Harry. Talk about no concept of reality, smh.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:49 PM

48,264 posts, read 34,383,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What are you rambling about? She met with Prime Minister Trudeau and Prince Harry. Talk about no concept of reality, smh.
What are YOU talking about? She did both.

12:09 pm (Sept. 23): Arrives in Toronto. The first lady travels to a downtown Sheraton, meets with Britain’s prince Harry for 20 minutes, and then departs for the Ritz-Carlton.

4 pm: Returns to Sheraton. The first lady meets with US athletes competing in the Invictus Games (an event for disabled veterans created in 2014 by prince Harry) for 20 minutes. She delivers a speech that was one minute, 15 seconds long.

6:35 pm: Arrives at Air Canada Centre. The first lady greets prime minister Justin Trudeau and his family and watches the opening ceremony of the games from a VIP suite.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2018, 04:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,661,960 times
With all the crazy Liberals hating the Trump family, you have to have high security costs.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:57 PM

19,700 posts, read 11,951,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What are YOU talking about? She did both.

12:09 pm (Sept. 23): Arrives in Toronto. The first lady travels to a downtown Sheraton, meets with Britain’s prince Harry for 20 minutes, and then departs for the Ritz-Carlton.

4 pm: Returns to Sheraton. The first lady meets with US athletes competing in the Invictus Games (an event for disabled veterans created in 2014 by prince Harry) for 20 minutes. She delivers a speech that was one minute, 15 seconds long.

6:35 pm: Arrives at Air Canada Centre. The first lady greets prime minister Justin Trudeau and his family and watches the opening ceremony of the games from a VIP suite.
That poster said Melania had a reception for 100 athletes in the Presidential suite of a hotel. Are asserting that she hosted the athletes in a Presidential suite?

Old 11-17-2018, 08:00 PM

8,373 posts, read 6,743,293 times
I'm just not getting the whole concept of First Lady. Why does the American taxpayer have to pay for a staff and useless non consequential overseas trips. They all have these silly little pet projects that draws attention from no one. The President's spouse can just sit around the White House watching TV or doing crossword puzzles for all I care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies