Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 07:03 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Funny how liberals are all a sudden deficit hawks when it comes to Trump and his family. Lmao
That's because Trump's hypocrisy is astounding. Remember, the guy who would be so busy working he was never going to take a vacation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 07:07 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
I'm just not getting the whole concept of First Lady. Why does the American taxpayer have to pay for a staff and useless non consequential overseas trips. They all have these silly little pet projects that draws attention from no one. The President's spouse can just sit around the White House watching TV or doing crossword puzzles for all I care.
Usually the First Lady is expected to support the President's agenda with one or more of her own. She is also a diplomat of sorts to meet with people and spread good will.

A First Lady would never change my opinion of the President, and I admit I feel sorry for Melania, as it has been reported that she is a private person, and she really didn't want this whole public life. But... well, she married him.

It certainly would not reflect well on a President if a First Lady sat around eating bonbons all day and watching The Housewives of whatever.......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Funny how liberals are all a sudden deficit hawks when it comes to Trump and his family. Lmao
Yeah, well how about us Republicans who didn't expect him to drive up the deficit to new heights? Or choose a course of action that will probably crash a perfectly good economy?

Old 11-17-2018, 07:29 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
That poster said Melania had a reception for 100 athletes in the Presidential suite of a hotel. Are asserting that she hosted the athletes in a Presidential suite?
No, I was correcting YOU. Of course she didn't host 100 athletes in a suite, thus zero need to buy out all of the hotel rooms for an event such as that, because rooms large enough to hold a crowd like that are not on floors with guest rooms.

Bottom line is that the White House won't explain what the money was spent on and given the track record of this family of grifters, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that some of it went into Melania and Donnie's pockets.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:33 AM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What about obuma's old lady's high cost of vacation travels with their kids..Didn't see any bitching about that
You didn't look. The offended right made up fake room service bills to have more material to ***** about.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:35 AM

46,957 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
... I admit I feel sorry for Melania...
I used to. But the Marie Antoinette act she's been putting on lately - she's merely another Trump-family grifter.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:44 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I used to. But the Marie Antoinette act she's been putting on lately - she's merely another Trump-family grifter.
I get disgusted by folks that claim they feel sorry for her. She's a mail order bride with a hefty prenup who went along with her grifter hubby's trolling birtherism as well as all of his crooked ways. His philandering is fine with her and likely part of the prenup but the righties will never explain why Hillary Clinton was bashed for standing by Bill and Melania gets a pass. She is an opportunist which is why she fits in perfectly with that family of thieves and laughing all the way to the bank with her "chain immigration" mama and papa.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:34 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
When First Ladies travel it is always expensive because of security. At least Melania doesn't have a massive staff and entourage like Michelle did.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
When First Ladies travel it is always expensive because of security. At least Melania doesn't have a massive staff and entourage like Michelle did.
It has been shown repeatedly that Michelle did not have a larger staff.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/staff-injection/

Old 11-18-2018, 01:11 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
What's with the clothes on this first lady? Looks like another example of the King's new clothes. Not to mention her recent super-***** status about the White House staff. Just like her husband said, "I like poor people but not around me."

Regardless, it doesn't look like Melania is into Trump anymore, but can anyone blame her? After all Trump admitted he controls women by, "grabbing them by the *****." Then there's those nasty accusations from some questionable women. The question is; if Melania is no longer honoring her position as Trump's wife who is?
Even Hillary was more civil to Bill after his BJ in the White House with Monica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnOld55z_jw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies