Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 07:21 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
A good rule of thumb is, not to run from the police.

An even better rule of thumb is, if you are running from the police, dont fire a gun.

At a dog, at a tin can, in the air, it doesnt matter. The police are chasing you and you have a gun out and you are firing it. Even the most simple minded of people should know that that is a sure fire way to get yourself killed.
That doesn't justify him being killed. IF he was shooting, or aiming, at police, different story. We don't have those details, do we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 07:27 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
That doesn't justify him being killed. IF he was shooting, or aiming, at police, different story. We don't have those details, do we?
Actually, it does. He is being chased by the police. He is firing a gun in public. His bullets can hit a cop, or a child, or any innocent bystander walking by. He should be put down before someone gets killed.

Old 11-19-2018, 07:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
A man with a gun is nuts enough to shoot a police dog and you don't think that's justification for the cops shooting him?

Should they have waited for him to fire a shot toward them?

Old 11-20-2018, 04:21 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I find it interesting that LE want police dogs treated with the same respect as a human officer yet we have an epidemic of cops killing civilians' dogs.

https://qz.com/870601/police-killing...ce-department/
Oh, believe me, I know it's a problem, thus the last sentence of my post. It's infuriating, and there needs to be a lot more accountability for these shootings.

It's also a problem that goes far beyond cops who kill pets.

I don't want to get into an argument about the state, but I think it's time we reconsider the legal status of companion animals. Right now, they are treated the same as any other property, meaning if someone kills a mixed-breed shelter pet, the owner is entitled to what amounts to no compensation at all, even though that pet might have been a cherished family member.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:51 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
What are your thoughts on this? Cops Right or wrong?https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...Rk&replyPage=1
Not really any controversy, he pulled a gun out and shot a police dog and the police shot and killed him.

The same result would have happened in most countries.

Aiming a gun at police is asking to be shot no mater where you live.

Fire a gun at the police or a police animal and the police can shoot you without having to worry about any consequences, as they are completley justified in order to protect themselves.

As for the T-Shirt, I suggest the idiot doesn't wear it outside of the US.

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-20-2018 at 05:11 AM..

Old 11-20-2018, 04:58 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
it starts and ends with the perp pulling a gun. He doesn't run from the police while while having a gun, then pulling the gun, then shooting the gun ... he is alive and in jail. If he shoots the dog, tosses the gun, and lays on the ground he may have a chance, he didn't.

its funny just how much people will ignore facts when its one of theirs doing wrong. It reminds me of family members that blame other family members for turning in a murder for the the perp being in jail. They never ask, what did they do?

Old 11-20-2018, 05:24 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well that's an interesting perspective.
Want some more interesting perspective ?
Just read thru the thread on this social media sight.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/160363...70885163165321

Old 11-20-2018, 05:28 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Want to see some pure hate, read thru some of the threads on this social media page. This is from Detroit, i'm sure the attitude and mentality is the same in the inner cities across the country.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1603635473223629/

Old 11-20-2018, 05:28 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if we have enough detail to make a judgement.

If the only incident that occurred was that the K-9 was killed, then my opinion is that the shooting of the criminal was not justified. I have owned dogs all my life, but, in the end, they are animals and not humans.

Somehow though, I suspect there is more to this.

I would like to know, was the suspect running after shooting the dog, and before he was shot? If so, no, he should not have been killed. Was the suspect running after shooting the dog, but shooting at, or making motions to shoot at police? You bet, empty the magazine. Was the suspect shot because the K-9 officer was enraged for losing his dog? Then no, it was wrong.

In other words, I wasn't there, and things happen very fast. I can't make a complete judgement based on what I read.

All of the above is irrelevant..

Once a suspect pulls his weapon and starts shooting, he puts his own life at risk.

He isn't just putting the dog in danger but the police following the dog and other innocent people in the area as well.

Cops were 100% justified and would have been 100% justified even if the suspect hadn't actually hit the dog....end of story.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:41 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
This thread belongs in the Darwin Awards in Current Events. Shooting a gun and hitting a police dog while running from cops? What an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies