Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 10:00 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times

Advertisements

The stupid have the power while the smart are ostracized. It's like high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 10:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
I would say that this is a norm. WE have had very few in the 60 years that didn't need things dumbed down for them and an interpreter for the jargon. Do you people honestly believe that a draft dodger like Clinton was up to speed on the language of the military? Obama? Reagan? Carter struggled with the controls in the Whitehouse mens room.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:02 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Ditto.

Military Times published a poll they ran recently that showed the soldiers disapproval of Trump's Presidency is increasing, and approval is declining.
Let me know when is gets to half!

"More than half of troops surveyed in the latest Military Times/Institute for Veterans and Military Families poll said they have an unfavorable opinion of Obama and his two-terms leading the military. About 36 percent said they approve of his job as commander in chief."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2...es-his-legacy/

Old 11-19-2018, 08:03 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am not a Trumper but at least Trump has not got us bogged down in new never ending conflicts. Look at the messes started by Bush 2 and JFK and LBJ. N. Korea has at least backed off its previously aggressive posture during the Obama years. We will see what the future holds with that. Whatever Trump actually understands about the military he at least is not making reckless decisions regarding the military.
My problem is he is starting it back up with Russia, I'm not that concerned about NK.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-19-2018, 08:21 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
My problem is he is starting it back up with Russia, I'm not that concerned about NK.
I think that was always his stand and the position of the establishment. They're probing different areas outside US control for weaknesses. So you see the different policies being introduced for different adversaries and the focus of the media changes. It is still all the same. North Korea is just a pawn on the grand chessboard.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:17 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Of course they have to dumb it down. You can just listen to him and realize he doesn't understand or know any words that contain more than a couple syllables.
..and yet he built a multi billion dollar global empire..

Old 11-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 9 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Good grief!

This is sooooo embarrassing!

How are ever going to get back to starting the sort of pointless wars that Hillary is famous for if Trump can't understand that "poses no threat to the United States" is military code for "we should invade"?
Apparently the Pentagon have a new Trump Strategy when briefing him on countries.

It starts with the words 'Once Upon a Time, Long Long Ago in a Far off Land'.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:29 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
..and yet he built a multi billion dollar global empire..
But did he? Yeah, he's rich, but as it's been shown if he just put the money he got from his Dad in the stock market, he would be richer, or something like that. I never independently verified that.

If you have ever done some reading on his businesses, and business practices, your opinion might be different. It's pretty bad. All his bankruptcies caused him to have to get investors out of the country (Russia), because US banks essentially will not lend to him. He has done horrible things to small businesses that worked with him.

He is not a success story. Why do you think he refuses to open his tax returns? When his taxes HAVE been audited, it showed all kinds of "creative" accounting resulting in penalties and payments, including forging his CPA's signature one year.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-19-2018, 09:35 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 9 hours ago)

27,160 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Quote:
But did he? Yeah, he's rich, but as it's been shown if he just put the money he got from his Dad in the stock market, he would be richer, or something like that. I never independently verified that.

If you have ever done some reading on his businesses, and business practices, your opinion might be different. It's pretty bad. All his bankruptcies caused him to have to get investors out of the country (Russia), because US banks essentially will not lend to him. He has done horrible things to small businesses that worked with him.

He is not a success story. Why do you think he refuses to open his tax returns? When his taxes HAVE been audited, it showed all kinds of "creative" accounting resulting in penalties and payments, including forging his CPA's signature one year.

It turns out Donald Trump would actually be richer now if he'd done nothing sine 1974 - The Independent

Old 11-19-2018, 10:57 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,592,637 times
Quote:
All the troops I know can't stand him.
This. Including Special Ops members. They view him as dangerous.

The military, especially the senior command, are professional. They may not have trained for this, but they know their loyalty is to the USA and the constitution. Much respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies