Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 04:33 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Lol ridiculous. If Hollywood is that closed minded and ignorant then forget them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They are that closed-minded and ignorant. And, yes, forget them!
Yes they are so close-mined to those who are close minded great argument.

Could you imagine if the right wing tried to use this argument against MLK in the 60s. MLK is boycotting are buses he is so close minded.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:48 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,127 times
Anyways if Kemp don't push a extreme prejudice religious bill, there nothing to protest or boycott. I hoping he ran further to right but actual government more like a common sense moderate business republican. If he push a bill it won't be the extreme prejudice bill the far right actually wants but moderate something so they can shut up. Trump has already pass a fake religious bill national that does nothing.

Today we live in era that republicans are running using the most prejudice decisive rhetoric to incite there right wing base. 90% of the time they don't past the extreme they present of the campaign trial and base doesn't even care they just like trill they can elect people running on prejuice messages. like Trump saying Mexico is going pay for a wall. No Trump supporter atleast I hope not are dumb enough to believe it. They just like that Trump is devise.

Stacey Abrams made the right call looking out for workers here in Georgia. I don't think/hope not there will be a boycott of Georgia film industry. What I think this is Cali film industry just want to fight Jobs leaving So making up an reason to reason to boycott Georgia sounds good them. But it would against the wishes of both liberals and conservatives in Georgia.

Last edited by chiatldal; 11-18-2018 at 05:04 PM..

Old 11-18-2018, 05:09 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,358,427 times
Quote:
Lol ridiculous. If Hollywood is that closed minded and ignorant then forget them.
Closed minded against what? A lot of Kemp's rhetoric has been for "religious liberty", which is essentially code for "let us legally discriminate against gay people". It is not closed-minded to boycott against that. It is, in fact, closed-minded to support that. So, please, tell me...what is closed minded about it?

And I most certainly do not want the film/tv industry to boycott Georgia. I make an incredible living (top 2%) from the industry. Them boycotting the state would decimate my career and my income.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:37 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,921,752 times
None of the handful of people who’ve called for a boycott so far have much vested in the Georgia entertainment industry. Alysa Milano is a nut job lucky to get any work in the first place. There are plenty of much bigger (HUGE!) actors, directors, producers, creators etc who are committed to working in Georgia long-term because they know all the positives that the state has to offer beyond the tax incentives —- varied locations, talented crew, exellent air transportation, modern infrastructure, quality of life. It’s going to take more than a narrow defeat of Stacey Abrams to send these people packing.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:28 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,567 times
Yes, support FairFightGA

She has loans and back taxes to pay

Old 11-19-2018, 03:26 PM

1,005 posts, read 729,014 times
Shouldn't news begin redirecting attention to what Kemp is telling Hollywood? We have just one perfunctory and hollowed remark about unifying from him that comes from nearly all elected officials. As some folks's chosen leader for the state, it's his job alongside others to guide the economy. If he's willing to risk a huge contributing industry for a shrinking electorate, they can be as happy as peaches as their authority over the state will disappear unless they can scrounge up some kind of empathy to forestall a suffocating Religious Liberty Bill, anti-LGBTQ legislation and the likes. While industry withdrawal will damage the state overall, I suspect that the metropolitan areas will be able to brunt the damage far better. Though I'm sure of the impact of more liberal-leaning entities here, the film industry did not lead the course of Democratic votes for these midterms, so if they do choose to leave I can only imagine greater resistance by those who've enjoyed where Georgia's economy and social development is going.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:41 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,156,709 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
They are that closed-minded and ignorant. And, yes, forget them!
Say what you want to but this state--this whole state, not just Atlanta--rakes in billions of filmmaking dollars every year due to the tax cuts. If they were to leave then this state's economy would take a real hit.

Old 11-19-2018, 03:57 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,755 times
Protesting legitimate elections because they don't like the result. How American.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:55 PM

628 posts, read 695,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Yes, support FairFightGA

She has loans and back taxes to pay

Unless you are RICH, we all have bills to pay. Stacy Abrams has a payment plan.
Find another reason to find fault. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Old 11-19-2018, 05:36 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,156,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Protesting legitimate elections because they don't like the result. How American.
1. You forgot the quotes around the words "legitimate elections."
2. You do support the right to nonviolent protests, right? Cause you suggested that those are un-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies