Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 09:42 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times

Advertisements

I might feel sad and regret their stupidity as I use them as a bad example on C-D forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 09:54 AM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Can I ask how you can afford prescriptions without healthcare. I know our family can't because some medications cost hundreds of dollars a month. And what happens if you have a long hospital stay. Can you afford the thousands of dollars it may cost. Good for you if you can, but most can't.
They've swallowed their own BS and now believe that anyone can walk up and get maintenance medications for nothing. This is, of course, not true at all.

But the Republicans have figured out that there are more people who are healthy than who are sick, and a depressingly large percentage of those don't care what happens to anyone not themselves. Prime GOP voter material.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:56 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
It's pretty obvious.

They will feel that Republicans don't care about fellow Americans' and their health.

The Republican Party doesn't support the Affordable Care Act, which gives healthcare coverage to millions of Americans in a "humane way".

They want to take away people's healthcare.

Why should they have sympathy for Republican voters who may have a health condition, in northwest NJ, rural MO, NY, etc and other heartland America?

They'll say that.
Liberals been told about the problem of huge cost for a lot of people over and over again but they think if they ignore this fact it will go away. I know, I know, the people who are paying massively huge healthcare premiums should just pay it and shut up.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Liberals been told about the problem of huge cost for a lot of people over and over again but they think if they ignore this fact it will go away. I know, I know, the people who are paying massively huge healthcare premiums should just pay it and shut up.
This is the bit where you could constructively reflect on why healthcare costs (and, correspondingly, premiums) are so high in the US, but something tells me you won't. Hint: Having a 3rd party in the middle with a vested interest in maximizing premium intake and minimizing payouts is not very efficient. But, as Captain Mal put it: " About 50% of the human race is middlemen and they don't take kindly to being eliminated."

Old 11-19-2018, 10:08 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
So what's new? Liberals also don't don't have sympathy on Trump supporters whose hair is set on fire by Antifa, who get their property destroyed by leftist protesters, who are attacked and bloodied by anti Trumpers who don't like their politics, etc.

Why would you think anyone would believe that liberal leftists would give a darn about no health care for conservatives?

Last edited by 4dognight; 11-19-2018 at 10:59 AM..

Old 11-19-2018, 10:11 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious.

They will feel that Republicans don't care about fellow Americans' and their health.

The Republican Party doesn't support the Affordable Care Act, which gives healthcare coverage to millions of Americans in a "humane way".

Why should they have sympathy for Republican voters who may have a health condition, in northwest NJ, rural MO, NY, etc and other heartland America?

They'll say that.
I only speak for myself, but I would have sympathy. Even for people literally voting against their own best interests.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:15 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious.

They'll say that.
I'm pretty sure liberals didn't care at all about the folks that lost their health coverage when ACA was enacted. Or the folks who saw their premiums skyrocket.

FYI - the ACA doesn't "give" healthcare coverage to anyone. They take money from some people and give it to others. Nothing humane about that.

And no, I don't want to take anyone's healthcare away from them. I do want them to pay for their own insurance. Like I do, and have always done.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:17 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
You mean they won't mourn my $775 per month $9000 deductible????
I won't either because I refuse to join the Obamacare scam. It's much cheaper for me to pay the penalty and self-pay for my ailments.
My wife's medical bills came to 400K last year. Her bills had never been more than a couple K before.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:19 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Nope I told you, the hospitals here have to by law treat me, for free. I will just tell them my name is Javier Hernandez, and that I have no address or phone. Oh and that I'm claiming asylum.
Are you a caricature?

Old 11-19-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
My wife's medical bills came to 400K last year. Her bills had never been more than a couple K before.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she's doing OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies