Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 11:18 AM

7,102 posts, read 6,019,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You don't know anything about the subject and it's evident you don't want to. Bye.
Actually I do. I used to be a flaming liberal suckling the teet of the system. I remember spending full days in hospital er waiting rooms as illegal after illegal were treated for their ailments. I remember doing the same thing to get my free healthcare. I know more about the subject than most. But I also remember the day that I woke up, realized that government dependence was the same as modern day slavery. I didn't want to be a slave anymore, so I got off my butt, got a job, and never looked back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 11:20 AM

3,976 posts, read 2,005,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
It's pretty obvious.

The Republican Party doesn't support the Affordable Care Act, which gives healthcare coverage to millions of Americans in a "humane way".
The bolded is where your story fell completely apart.

Not affordable, not humane.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:22 AM

47,049 posts, read 26,150,471 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious.

They will feel that Republicans don't care about fellow Americans' and their health.

The Republican Party doesn't support the Affordable Care Act, which gives healthcare coverage to millions of Americans in a "humane way".

They want to take away people's healthcare.

Why should they have sympathy for Republican voters who may have a health condition, in northwest NJ, rural MO, NY, etc and other heartland America?

They'll say that.
I for one will. They did a dumb thing and it bit them in the rear, but... If you tell someone the ice isn't safe for skating and they yell "That's my individual decision to make!", you still hand them a rope when they fall through. Not going to abandon thousands of years of Judeo-Christian-Taoist-Buddhist-Confucianist ethos st because they fell for a con man.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:37 PM

22,690 posts, read 24,713,753 times
OH, when are Liberals concerned about the health and well-being of anyone who is a Deplorable??

Old 11-18-2018, 08:04 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,778,258 times
ACA was just another form of income based tax.
Nothing else.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:24 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,449,579 times
The problem is that the GOP wants to get rid of the ACA but they aren't offering a better alternative.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:32 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
I might feel sorry for them, but I also feel like some people just don't get it until the horrible policies they push actually impact them personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Then I'll do like the illegals and go to the hospital, they have to treat me, and I'll give them a fake name. If they find out who I am, I just won't pay them. What's a few medical collections if I get my cancer cured for free?
This is delusional. If you don't pay, they won't give you the treatment.

Hospitals will provide essential emergency services without verifying who you are or how you intend to pay. That's it.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 11-18-2018 at 08:41 PM..

Old 11-18-2018, 08:33 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,169,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
You mean they won't mourn my $775 per month $9000 deductible????
I won't either because I refuse to join the Obamacare scam. It's much cheaper for me to pay the penalty and self-pay for my ailments.

Can I ask how you can afford prescriptions without healthcare. I know our family can't because some medications cost hundreds of dollars a month. And what happens if you have a long hospital stay. Can you afford the thousands of dollars it may cost. Good for you if you can, but most can't.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:23 PM

30,770 posts, read 19,421,566 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious.

They will feel that Republicans don't care about fellow Americans' and their health.

They want to take away people's healthcare.

Why should they have sympathy for Republican voters who may have a health condition, in northwest NJ, rural MO, NY, etc and other heartland America?

They'll say that.
The Unaffordable and I don't Care Act insurance was a disaster and the Dims paid a huge price for that disaster. If they really want to lead, then next time they get in power (hoping about 2032), they will pass a coverage plan that is top notch on a world scale.

Old 11-18-2018, 09:26 PM

32,147 posts, read 15,169,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Unaffordable and I don't Care Act insurance was a disaster and the Dims paid a huge price for that disaster. If they really want to lead, then next time they get in power (hoping about 2032), they will pass a coverage plan that is top notch on a world scale.
Well one of Trump’s campaign promises was healthcare for all. What happened to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies