Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2019, 05:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do not believe that anyone has the right to take the life of another outside of direct immediate self defense.

My argument is that we have no moral standing in condemning others for what we so readily do. They are at least doing it in self defense. We have no business being there.

You can rant or address my actual points. Are you saying I should condemn them for not rolling over and simply let us destroy them?

If someone attacked us, is that what we would do?
I do not have a problem with the indiscriminate killing of terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 05:44 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Or so we tell ourselves.
I have experienced it. The Vietcong/NVA by day were the placid civilian, At night its get out your AK/47 and hit and run our bases. Just what combat were you involved in?

Old 07-04-2019, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Agreed.
It makes a mockery out of justice since the military is going to be biased and in favor of one of their own.
We saw that with many other cases from Vietnam onward.
It would be the same bias if we let an Iraqi Court hold the trial against Gallagher which many politicians said they are against.
I guess you never heard the term a "jury of your peers"?

Old 07-04-2019, 07:20 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I guess you never heard the term a "jury of your peers"?
So if a klansman were on trial for a lynching he should be judged by other klansmen?

Old 07-04-2019, 07:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I'd defend myself. I bet if I DID, the nation of my attacker wouldn't defend me and fall over themselves trying to defend me for harming their soldiers,I bet YOU would however.
I also didn;t condemn them for not rolling over(why do you put words in my mouth), but I believe I CAN condemn ISIS for harming innocents(non-Americans included) as well as other atrocities. I may have missed the news regarding Americans in 2019 burning alive girls for being raped, or for going to school. So do you feel we should excuse ALL of their atrocities because we "shouldn't have been there"? If someone tried to harm YOU, would you check first to be sure that -as an American, you didn;t somehow deserve it???
BTW I DID address your points- I also asked questions that you ignored.
I answered YOUR question, why can't you answer mine? and I mean answer, as opposed to your usual arrogant dismissal of the actual question and the person asking it.
I answered your post.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I do not have a problem with the indiscriminate killing of terrorists.
So Mr Gallagher shouldn't feel safe?

Old 07-04-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I have experienced it. The Vietcong/NVA by day were the placid civilian, At night its get out your AK/47 and hit and run our bases. Just what combat were you involved in?
They had every right to drive us out of their country. We had no business being there.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So if a klansman were on trial for a lynching he should be judged by other klansmen?
you wanna troll absurd statements... fine. Civilians are tried in a civil or criminal court by civilians. Military personel are tried in a military court by members of the military. get it?

Old 07-04-2019, 09:35 PM

Quote:
They had every right to drive us out of their country. We had no business being there.
That's very funny. most of the Vietnamese I talked with were glad we were there. that goes for many I have met after the war was over. How many have you asked?

Old 07-05-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
you wanna troll absurd statements... fine. Civilians are tried in a civil or criminal court by civilians. Military personel are tried in a military court by members of the military. get it?
Civilians don't want people who have no issue with killing innocent civilians in their midst. Even in the worse neighborhoods, if you are targeting innocent women and children, someone is going to turn you in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies