Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 01:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
Rush is one of the pioneers about the "drive by" media and how liberals control it.. He's the originator of all this Trump war now with media.. I remember Rush talking about the mainstream liberal media types in the 1990s.
Rush Limbaugh got his start in the 80s under Reagan. He had a very odd group of followers called Dittoheads.

He insults people, makes things up and occasionally has a point. I mostly think of him as big mouth who likes to ramble on, and I don't believe a word he puts forth.

Rush got very rich. That was his goal and his further goal is to make more money.

This guy could be going out and talking to kids about the dangers of opioid addiction, having been one himself. He doesn't. Rush is about Rush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 01:27 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I am so sick of people calling me a liberal. I am a moderate democrat. And I voted for a moderate republican for governor. Why do we now have labels of liberal and conservative. What happened to being democrats and republicans.
You have to realize that on this forum a moderate Democrat is considered a radical Marxist, because so many of the regulars are RWNJ’s.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:40 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Because he exposes Liberals for what they are. They hate the truth.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:46 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Limbaug is a has been.
It has been ages since I heard/saw anything anti Limbaugh. Limbaugh is so 1995.

Yeah, that's why his show averages 26 million listeners, lol.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:47 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Yeah, that's why his show averages 26 million listeners, lol.
Wow--thats more than Maddow, Matthews, Hays and O'donell..COMBINED!

Old 11-21-2018, 04:48 PM

1,733 posts, read 948,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Wow--thats more than Maddow, Matthews, Hays and O'donell..COMBINED!

Yep, and they hate him for it.

Old 11-21-2018, 05:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
It always amazes me that people would brag on being the least informed and the most hateful and biased....
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fa...ers-2018-09-27

This is why Deplorable is used as an accurate term.

Can you imagine at a family gathering "Hey, folks, I'm biased and hateful and everything I know is also and that is a good thing, you should be too". Yet here they are saying exactly that.

"According to a Gallup/Knight Foundation survey from earlier this year, the most biased group of news consumers are the ones tuning in to Rush’s show, followed closely by Fox News and Breitbart."

Ignorance is something not to be proud of. Being part of a mob or crowd is also not a feather in your cap.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:19 PM

73,006 posts, read 62,585,728 times
I hated Rush Limbaugh when I was a conservative and voted for a Republican President (back in 2004). I avoid listening to the likes of Neal Boortz, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter,etc. They are all about "being conservative".

Old 11-21-2018, 08:23 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
It always amazes me that people would brag on being the least informed and the most hateful and biased....
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fa...ers-2018-09-27

This is why Deplorable is used as an accurate term.

Can you imagine at a family gathering "Hey, folks, I'm biased and hateful and everything I know is also and that is a good thing, you should be too". Yet here they are saying exactly that.

"According to a Gallup/Knight Foundation survey from earlier this year, the most biased group of news consumers are the ones tuning in to Rush’s show, followed closely by Fox News and Breitbart."

Ignorance is something not to be proud of. Being part of a mob or crowd is also not a feather in your cap.
sorry, that is utter BS.

Quote:
That sure sounds like liberals, not conservatives. There is an old saying that i have thought was very profound:

"conservatives hate what people do, liberals hate who people are"

According to liberals,

If you oppose gay marriage, you hate all gay people
If you own a gun, you are a child murderer
If you are pro-life, you are a sexist pig who hates women

So tell me, how a conservatives so apparently hateful?

Old 11-21-2018, 08:47 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
There was a time when I listened to Limbaugh every day while working in my garage. I thought his show was a comedy show, with things like "spatulas" that he jokingly advertised. But then, one day, it dawned on me that he was DEAD SERIOUS, about some of the garbage he was spewing. Never listened to him after that.

He is a toned down Alex Jones.........cut from the same cloth.
When I first heard Limbaugh, it was at least 25 years ago and he was filling-in for a few days for a regular radio talk-show host on a local San Francisco station. When I heard him throwing out his conspiracy theories and right-wing diatribes, I also thought it was a joke, that he was doing a satire on that kind of craziness. But by the second time on the air, people were calling in and challenging him, at least as much as the show's producer would let them on the air. The station's management figured out what he was up to doing and permanently banned him from ever being on-air for them again. The manager even made an apology to the listeners, for having let someone like him slip past them.

Unfortunately, that station, previously the No.1 of its type in the country, was sold to a different sort of broadcaster several years ago and what had been a long-time asset for its listeners along the entire West Coast, was destroyed. Since then, low-lifes like Limbaugh have been regular fare on their programming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies