Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 01:23 AM

18 posts, read 6,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Again, we can agree to disagree. Yes, perhaps a bit juvenile on my part but really she is LYING...the name fits unfortunately!
I don’t really put much effort in sensationalizing the messenger. I do believe Trump has been dishonest on a variety of issues. But he’s a temporary figure. As Ben Shapiro famously put it, “he’s a glorified DMV worker”

Our focus needs to be on acceptable term limits (20-30 years) for Congress, and electing honest moderates into congress.

All the voting taking place recently is of a foundation of spite. If you hated Hillary, you voted Trump. If you hated Trump, you voted Hillary. Our politics have become insanely shallow.

Old 11-20-2018, 01:47 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,394,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistakesWereMade View Post
And I apologize if I’ve mischaracterized you.
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistakesWereMade View Post
[b]

All I can say is, keep an open mind. Actually talk with people of opposing viewpoints. Read/listen to media outlets you don’t agree with (no, Breitbart and Infowars do not count).

I say this because there will be a day where everyone’s had enough, and it can either reach a boiling point, or the moderates (which truly are the American majority) can shun the fringe loonies and start participating in actual, effective and honest, bi-partisan politics.

It’ll never be perfect, but the way we treat each other now, is indefensible
I agree and I do that but not here (or not very often on C-D). Unfortunately, this is a partisan/ideological warfare site (on the "Politics" forum).

I am not as sanguine as you are about the possibilities for a bi-partisan, effective politics in the near term, though I would love to be wrong. I think the first step in regaining any semblance of political sanity is putting a dagger in the heart of Trumpism.

Old 11-20-2018, 02:17 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
“I’m a total daddy’s girl,” -- that's her main qualification, transferring her focus to daddy Trump. Like Trump, she has no moral compass and will happily lie if it suits daddy's purpose and pleases him. She is one of the more immature and socially inept lickspittle supporters in the White House and perfect for the job Trump wants her to do.
That is certainly true. She is eminently qualified to be Trump's mouthpiece. She has the right amount of moral compass to allow her to perform her duties, which is none at all.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:16 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It really doesn't matter what her background is, at this point. She is a liar. She can not be trusted.
yep...Hypocrite who sold her soul to the devi but, because she is christian all is forgiven.
She has to face her kids everyday knowing she is a liar.

Old 11-20-2018, 03:46 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,410,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Her resume includes Field director for her father's 2002 re-election campaign. National public director 2008 for her father's presidential campaign. Campaign manager for Boozman's successful 2010 Senate campaign. Campaign manager for Tim Pawley's 2011 presidential campaign. Advisor for Senate candidate Tom Cotton in 2014 and Campaign manager for her father's 2016 presidential race.
So her resume doesn't include any sort of qualifications in journalism, or communications, or public relations. All she knows how to do is campaign for others who are in elections.

You know, when I hire other lawyers, I want people with a law degree from a recognized university, and who have passed the bar. I'm sure that hospitals want doctors and nurses who have completed their courses of study at recognized universities, and who have passed the necessary exams to be admitted to the practice of medicine. And if I was a newspaper editor, I'd want someone with a journalism degree from a recognized university that had a well-regarded journalism school.

Does Sarah Huckabee Sanders have a journalism degree? No. Does she have a communications degree? No. Did she go to a well-regarded school for journalism or communications? No.

Is she out of her depth? Yes. Her lack of qualifications for her position, make anything she says automatically suspect. A real journalist would attempt to put a good spin on Mr. Trump's remarks; a sycophant would simply repeat them. Given what I've seen, Ms. Sanders is a sycophant.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:05 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
you are not the judge.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.

what is meant by not all who cry lord lord will be saved?
Jesus prefaces those words with a warning about false prophets. They profess to be servants of his, but their deeds tell a different story. "By their fruits you will know them". It seems to me that Jesus is speaking of the same type of teachers that other NT writers warned us of: those who would gain a following to feed their ego, those who teach to get rich, those who would seduce their women follower's, etc. Such teachers may think they are doing much for the Lord, but they are in reality working against God.
In Matthew 7:21 and 22, “Lord, Lord” is the plea of the self-righteous who brag about all they’ve done for the Lord only to find their works count for nothing.
In Matthew 25:11, “Lord, Lord” is the cry of the foolish and locked out virgins.
In Luke 6:46, “Lord, Lord” is said by those who have not built on the solid foundation.
In Luke 13:25, “Lord, Lord” is uttered by those who refuse to enter the narrow door.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:15 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
her job is to tell us whatever trump tells her. who cares if she lies, its whatever trump tells her. I like her, I think she doing a great job
How odd. You don’t care if the press secretary lies to you? You even encourage it?

Old 11-20-2018, 05:18 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Sarah is a tough cookie. She has a difficult job. She attended Baptist University, a private liberal arts school and the same one her father attended. She also earned a spot on 40 under 40 (so did my friend who is a gifted attorney.) The magazine called her a rising star and called her a new generation of civic leader.

Her resume includes Field director for her father's 2002 re-election campaign. National public director 2008 for her father's presidential campaign. Campaign manager for Boozman's successful 2010 Senate campaign. Campaign manager for Tim Pawley's 2011 presidential campaign. Advisor for Senate candidate Tom Cotton in 2014 and Campaign manager for her father's 2016 presidential race. She joined the Trump campaign in 2016 after her father dropped out. She was the deputy White House press secretary for Spicer and the rest is history.
Yep daddy helped her, but she also earned her spot. She does her job with dignity and professionalism, but I don't understand how she sleeps at night.
I don’t see it.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:00 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
what is meant by not all who cry lord lord will be saved?
Jesus prefaces those words with a warning about false prophets. They profess to be servants of his, but their deeds tell a different story. "By their fruits you will know them". It seems to me that Jesus is speaking of the same type of teachers that other NT writers warned us of: those who would gain a following to feed their ego, those who teach to get rich, those who would seduce their women follower's, etc. Such teachers may think they are doing much for the Lord, but they are in reality working against God.
In Matthew 7:21 and 22, “Lord, Lord” is the plea of the self-righteous who brag about all they’ve done for the Lord only to find their works count for nothing.
In Matthew 25:11, “Lord, Lord” is the cry of the foolish and locked out virgins.
In Luke 6:46, “Lord, Lord” is said by those who have not built on the solid foundation.
In Luke 13:25, “Lord, Lord” is uttered by those who refuse to enter the narrow door.
Irony has no bounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Long, detailed assessment. I didn't realize that, unlike her predecessors, she has no background in journalism or communication. Odd, with her religious background, that she can support someone as un-Christian as Trump.

It's quite hypocritical when people accuse Christians of something that they themselves are guilty of.
Would you judge those who would, oh for instance and just for example mind you, let's say someone who would support a muslim president though they aren't a muslim? Would that be justification for your judgmental comments?

Likely the attacks on Sarah this time stem from this interview.

Great interview btw. Love seeing her relaxed manner when she is with her dad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcx0fHdib7w

Old 11-20-2018, 06:37 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
How odd. You don’t care if the press secretary lies to you? You even encourage it?
how can she lie, its not her job to have an opinion, she is just to repeat the talking points of what the prez tell her. she makes no decision, no policy so it just not possible for her to lie. she has no thinking in the job, just repeat what trump wants the press to know.

so anything you consider a lie is coming from trump, not her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies