Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 03:54 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
So I guess since it's only liberals that are for gun control, you can go to a NASCAR race in a red state armed to the teeth and no one will give you a second look. Am I right?
Even better. Research Kennesaw Ga.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2018, 03:56 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Cars are required to be registered with the state, drivers are required to be licensed, and you’re not allowed on the road without insurance.

Any more cool analogies, brain genius?

Where in the Bill of Rights does it guarantee your right to drive a car?

Any more irrelevant analogies?

Old 11-20-2018, 03:56 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Blocks away black folks are killed by hand guns every day and no one cares.
Yes that is true. Also, violent crime, in general has been trending down for thirty years according to FBI statistics, even with Black on Black inner city violence. The media sensationalizing violence, especially when a gun is used is responsible for this perception as they have an anti legal gun agenda, and just want to promote the law abiding from legally owning guns.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:06 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Yup. The media should ignore the fact that people kill other people, mostly with DIY tools.

Old 11-20-2018, 05:06 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
So we should ban cars, right?
What the F**k has that got to do with it! Take your head out of the sand for gods sake! People are DYING in numbers 'over there' because of stupid 'gun laws', the world can only look on in complete disbelief at the sheer stupidity of it.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:37 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmntc05 View Post
seems like the white right is almost gleeful about the shooting
You could be in the early stages of Alzheimers, plaque build up.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
So I guess since it's only liberals that are for gun control, you can go to a NASCAR race in a red state armed to the teeth and no one will give you a second look. Am I right?
Thousands of laws on the books already. How many more before we realize some people just don't follow law.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:45 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack2000 View Post
Cars are required to be registered with the state, drivers are required to be licensed, and you’re not allowed on the road without insurance.

Any more cool analogies, brain genius?
I can go buy a used car today without license or insurance and drive it around without registration etc.

Now sure, I get in trouble if I'm caught but hey, that's why in parts of the US you just see people jump and run after a crash or if a cop tries to pull them over.

Parts of the US have 20% or more drivers uninsured.

Kinda like saying no one would shoot someone with a gun because that would be illegal and we have laws that don't allow that.

This is actually how most of the gun violence in the US goes down. Illegal guns, drugs, gangs....

Last edited by Mathguy; 11-20-2018 at 07:57 AM..

Old 11-20-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I can go by a used car today without license or insurance and drive it around without registration etc.

Now sure, I get in trouble if I'm caught but hey, that's why in parts of the US you just see people jump and run after a crash or if a cop tries to pull them over.

Parts of the US have 20% or more drivers uninsured.

Kinda like saying no one would shoot someone with a gun because that would be illegal and we have laws that don't allow that.

This is actually how most of the gun violence in the US goes down. Illegal guns, drugs, gangs....
They hand out DLs in CA to illegals. These people aren't even vetted, they just go off who these people say they are. But ya, the car laws are about as effective as the gun laws.

Old 11-20-2018, 07:53 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
And yet most car insurance policies include coverage for NON-INSURED drivers?!! lol

LOL, indeed. And wrong. Your Un-, Under-insured coverage is for YOU if the person who causes you damage doesn't carry their own or is under-insured. Cars & guns are not comparable. Try again.

At any rate, this particular case doesn't appear to have ANYTHING to do with a gun-free zone. It was a domestic situation, and the shooter went to where one of the victims was. It wasn't a calculated target because it was a gun-free zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies