Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 09:27 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
My Bentbow, have you gone liberal on us?

Are you advocating regulations to protect the people and the environment?

For God's sake, what has happened to you?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI0nOJqsnHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq5UnsyMXAw

Oh, you laughed then....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 09:42 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,416,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EighthSphere View Post
Yes that is what I am saying. Republicans had their chance as well and did nothing as usual.

Where do all presidential elections start?
Iowa

Why?
No one knows

What is the biggest handout given to a single group?
The farm bill.

There is no incentive to upset this group, its too big and the money they contribute to republican and democratic candidates in the Midwest is too high. So politicians they arch their back like a bent bow and let them do what ever they like.
That doesn't make sense. If there are actual alternatives that do work why would any farmers be against it? This tells me that there aren't any other alternatives at the moment. Don't try to frame this as corrupt Midwest politicians. That's a copout, if anything it's corrupt DC in it's entirety. Obama's "pen and phone" could have taken care of this but didn't. Why not? Was he bought and paid for as well by these "farmers"?

Old 11-21-2018, 11:24 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,988,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
So what happened? How did this slip by the Democrats when they had all the power? Are you saying that neither side cares about this enough to do anything about it? Nothing was done when the agencies had all the regulations that they wanted. Again, what happened?

You are out your mind with this anti-government anti-Democrat ideology.

This is one issue where there is absolutely no way it can be spun that regulations hurt, but you still somehow try to sell it.

It's disturbing.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EighthSphere View Post
Not a cop out, those politicians in Washington represent actual states and their interest. They, are voted into office in those states. Blaming the faceless “Washington elite†when these politicians have a face, a state they reside from seem silly. If your state is being affected then address with the representative from that state to push that agenda in Washington. Why would I blame a the Red Tide problem in Florida on a Democrat or Republican from Colorado and not get on my representatives butt to change the problem. You seem to want to argue about Obama or Democrats when I clearly stated both parties since 2001 have ignored.

I can’t tell you why Obama, Bush II or Trump have not address, guess you should ask them. I just see the special treatment the industry receives, the subsidies given to farmers, and the fact that we start all National races in Iowa and watch politicians parade around pretending to enjoy eating a pound of corn a day while campaigning.
By me bringing up Obama and Democrats shows how this is an entire DC problem since they are the regulation Nazis and still did nothing about this, not just a few reps from a few states and certainly not an R only problem about loosening regs as a few had suggested here. I'm simply pointing out that ALL of DC is to blame for crap like this. A couple of state reps aren't going to do anything if the rest of the cabal doesn't want to do anything about it.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 AM

23,410 posts, read 17,092,243 times
emerging pollutants are many and diverse and yet to be uncovered.

we still have shorelines lined with lead in NJ

nothing is safe, everything to be taken in moderation

on holidays when everyone is home, treatment plants utilize a bypass to avoid ruining the plant.

manufacture of vinyl siding is a killer, anyone with vinyl siding?

chem lawn care has got to be banned as well as golf courses as we know them.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
You are out your mind with this anti-government anti-Democrat ideology.

This is one issue where there is absolutely no way it can be spun that regulations hurt, but you still somehow try to sell it.

It's disturbing.
soooooooo, where were these life saving regs when EITHER party had full control? THAT is the point I'm making. The government allowed this and I'm being anti government for pointing that out? Go figure.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:31 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,988,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
By me bringing up Obama and Democrats shows how this is an entire DC problem since they are the regulation Nazis and still did nothing about this, not just a few reps from a few states and certainly not an R only problem about loosening regs as a few had suggested here. I'm simply pointing out that ALL of DC is to blame for crap like this. A couple of state reps aren't going to do anything if the rest of the cabal doesn't want to do anything about it.

This is the problem with ideologues. No matter how much evidence you pound into their thick skulls, you still get the same regurgitations. <Regulations are bad, sqwawk>.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
This is the problem with ideologues. No matter how much evidence you pound into their thick skulls, you still get the same regurgitations. <Regulations are bad, sqwawk>.
This is the problem with zombies, they have no brains and can't get it through their thick empty skulls that the government created this problem by giving their blessing for their use and neither side cares. I never once said all regulations were bad, some are some aren't. I'm simply asking WHERE ARE THEY for this if it was known so long ago and both sides had ample time to address it? I started my posts after someone said it's due to loosening regs. Which ones? Still haven't gotten an answer because there were none that would have prevented this and ALL of DC is to blame.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:41 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
https://www.ewg.org/enviroblog/2017/...er-millions-us
and you made fun of Crazy Alex Jones over it. Now, it is a serious discussion?

It ain't only making the Freak'n Frogs Gay

Old 11-21-2018, 11:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,199,787 times
And what are Abbot, Cruz and Cornyn doing? Don't they care about their constituents?

Sounds like a pretty bad problem. I'm sure Ted can handle it.

Also sounds like they need answers from experts and scientists. How about thoughts and prayers? Will that solve it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies