Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 06:11 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
To you, because you're from a different culture. But both are mutilation of sexual organs done to a child who has no say in the matter.
Wrong. There's a difference between a newborn and an 8 year-old child regardless of culture. There's a difference between a foreskin and a vagina or clitoris, regardless of culture. Find me a man that remembers being circumcised as a baby, and who has been unable to have normal sex and urination because of it his entire life. This is like saying piercing ears is the same as cutting off toes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 06:14 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Holy crap. These people are barbarians. What are they doing here?

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 11-21-2018 at 06:26 PM..

Old 11-21-2018, 06:15 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
Exactly it is not the same. The newborn has no memory of the procedure and is not living in pain and agony for the rest of their lives. Many times a dull blade or rock sliver is used to butcher these young girls. This whole practice is about controlling women and making sex painful so they don’t want to stray.
Exactly! Foreskin removal as a newborn doesn't lead to the horrible things that happen with vaginal cutting. The women who've given birth experience constant leakage which smells, and are ostracized by their communities. I've never heard of a man being shunned from housing, employment, community events, etc. from circumcision.

Old 11-21-2018, 07:31 PM

558 posts, read 337,945 times
Why do some parents enjoy knife parties on helpless baby boys? How is that not considered pedo?

Old 11-21-2018, 08:19 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I had it done to me. I never have regretted it, not for a minute. Again this comparison is like comparing getting a tattoo to medieval torture practices.
So did every male I know, including my own son. He doesn’t remember a thing. And it turns out to have some health benefits. These same people always chime in on threads about FGM with their ridiculous assertion that male and female circumcision is the same. It really irritates me.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:28 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So did every male I know, including my own son. He doesn’t remember a thing. And it turns out to have some health benefits. These same people always chime in on threads about FGM with their ridiculous assertion that male and female circumcision is the same. It really irritates me.
Well the procedures are entirely different because the organs are different. In essence though they are both genital mutilation, just accepting one is ok doesn't refute this. However claims of health benefits for male circumcision are marginal and equally obtained by good hygiene, and while there is little evidence of sexual dysfunction there is significant evidence of reduced sensation and enjoyment which may result in later sexual dysfunction that may be unattributed to other factors (psychological etc.).

So while the procedures are not the same, it's also intellectually dishonest to claim male circumcision is not mutilation regardless of perceived heath benefits. Your contention is just that the mutilation is acceptable because of perceived benefits.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:41 AM

4,659 posts, read 4,116,410 times
How is it that when Islam and activist judges get togeter it is always common sense and human rights that are screwed?

Anyone doing this to their kids should be hanged from a sour apple tree and this judge should be hanged with them.

As for those saying that this is not about Islam...shame on you.

Old 11-22-2018, 06:43 AM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Wrong. There's a difference between a newborn and an 8 year-old child regardless of culture. There's a difference between a foreskin and a vagina or clitoris, regardless of culture. Find me a man that remembers being circumcised as a baby, and who has been unable to have normal sex and urination because of it his entire life. This is like saying piercing ears is the same as cutting off toes.
It's a mutilation whether it happens to a boy or a goy. Whether it happens to their foreskin, or their clitoris. Whether it happens to a newborn or a 8 year old. It's mutilation that a kid did not have control of. Yes, if the mutilation happens at the newborn stage, there will be no memory of it but that's because no one remembers anything prior to 3 years of age. Doesn't mean the newborn wasn't tortured.

The point is you're justifying your barbaric cultural practice, and are stuck and blinded by your own cultural context. You're nitpicking. It's mutilation, it's non-consensual, it's WRONG AND DISGUSTING to the civilized world.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:03 AM

27,141 posts, read 13,429,141 times
FGM clearly needs to be stopped, and most countries have outlawed it, and have set protection measures in place.

Female genital mutilation (FGM) | The Met - Met Police

Female genital mutilation - College of Policing APP

The Courts can impose Orders in the UK, withdraw passports and even order children be removed from parents as part of care orders if they are believed to be at risk.

Get a female genital mutilation protection order - GOV.UK

The US needs to do all it can as well, and this US Court Judgement is rather bizarre.

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-22-2018 at 07:12 AM..

Old 11-22-2018, 08:39 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPeople View Post
Why do some parents enjoy knife parties on helpless baby boys? How is that not considered pedo?

Both my nephews were circumcised as infants in the hospital. Neither one was a "knife party."

My partner was raised Catholic (he's black and Filipino), even he was circed as a baby. He's 77, never had any complications from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies