Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 09:12 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Different strokes for different folks! Why censor others based on how you choose to live your life?
That's exactly how the left lives their life. If they don't like it, you can't do it either. If they want it you must do it too.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:12 AM

1,261 posts, read 567,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The shops are open because that’s what people WANT.
Just because there is a demand doesn’t make it right to stay open

Old 11-22-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I have absolutely no guilt whatsoever about going into a store or restaurant on Thanksgiving Day. And no, I don't apologize to the people that work there when I come in. I've had to work on holidays too. It's life.
Very selfish and arrogant... you won’t die if you don’t shop on holidays

Old 11-22-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Yep, more government will solve the problem...

So glad you don't live here anymore.

You can call it corporate greed all you want you're likely mistaken. It's more like consumer greed. Without the demand, the corporations wouldn't open because there wouldn't be money to be made.

You go ahead and stay in your lane in France. We enjoy our freedoms here in America.
France has much higher quality of life than Florida and minimum wages are higher with full benefits for all workers. People in France / Europe value family time more than corporate greed. Just because there is a demand doesn’t make it right to stay open and sell your made in China products!

5,896 posts, read 3,895,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I’m not sure how any of this is relevant to the point .... but in my humble opinion, nothing seems more of an entitlement mentality, than some people feeling entitled to decide for others when to be open or closed for business, or when to shop, and when to stay your arse at home, or how to effectively manage their time, when you really don’t have the necessary details to even begin to asssess that.

In my experience, and personal opinion ... most of us have tough schedules ... too much to do, and too little time to do it. Most of us work too much, and have way less time off than would be ideal. So in theory, it sounds good to have an extra day off here and there, mandated by law, however, that extra time off isn’t as important as having the freedom to choose.

Just sayin.
I've never said that the government should make it illegal for businesses to operate on holidays. If you're scheduled to work on a holiday, then you have three simple options -- either request that day off weeks in advance, call out on said holiday, or find a different place to work which is not open on holidays. Problem solved.

And thanks for sharing your "humble opinion" which is quite frankly more authoritarian than entitlement. Entitlement to me is when a consumer expects every business to bend over backwards for them to give them whatever they want, whenever they want. And then throwing a hissy fit when said consumer doesn't get what they want like. That is our entitlement society.

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:19 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Very selfish and arrogant... you won’t die if you don’t shop on holidays
Guess what? I can shop on holidays all that I want to. Ha ha!

Old 11-22-2018, 09:20 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
That's exactly how the left lives their life. If they don't like it, you can't do it either. If they want it you must do it too.
I’m pretty left. You might want to review my posts in this thread and learn something.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:21 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
I think more places that are not essential should close, voluntarily. I don't think the government should force any businesses to close, however.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:25 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,983,013 times
Corporations control America. They bought all the politicians years ago. Little to no chance of corporations ever being controlled and held accountable unfortunately
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies