Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 07:37 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
do I need to get that info for you? i can ya know. let me know as i can help with that.

PS: I could stand it, so here it is ... 91.2 percent. Click on that number in the article and it takes you to another publication that says ... 37.8% increase since 2015 and their accounting comes from ... "Mexico's National Institute of Statistics and Geography".
Right, because Mexico is known for it's accurate statistics. Total fabrication, about on par with election results from Saddam Hussein. What's the statistics on Mexico for traffic fatalities or burglaries. They don't collect statistics, they manufacture propaganda. Can you tell me how many American "illegal" ex-pats were deported last year? If 91% are illegal, surely there must be many accounts of this.

Not a chance the true number is even 2 percent. Note even their phony number includes typos and dual nationals which is probably 90% of it. Where's the integrity of a statistic on those without papers that includes a massive number of people that don't need papers?

I think it's hilarious that the article you cited used two case examples of Americans living illegally in Mexico. They had to issue a correction that one of them was actually a Mexican citizen and not illegal. Nowhere did they mention precisely how the American was illegal, even stating she worked legally and had a lawyer and was in the process of getting legal permanent residency.

Last edited by oceangaia; 11-27-2018 at 07:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 07:47 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The answer is basically no one though almost a million Mexicans have chosen to go home.
What is your source for that? I've looked and can't find any data on self deportations

Old 11-27-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What is your source for that? I've looked and can't find any data on self deportations

Best I could find is this.

"There is some evidence that the concept of self-deportation works. The Pew Hispanic Center released a study in early 2012 that estimated the number of illegal immigrants from Mexico living in the United States dropped by roughly 1 million people, or about 15%, from 2007 to 2012."
https://www.thoughtco.com/what-does-...n-mean-3303636

Old 11-27-2018, 08:11 AM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
And for about the 200th time, just NO. No amnesty. No path to citizenship. It will make our long-term illegal immigration problem 10x worse just like the 1986 Amnesty for 2.5 million led us to having 20 million illegals.
Doing nothing at all is to the nTH power better than any form of amnesty. "Legalizing" them won't make them learn English or assimilate to the usual cultures here in the U.S.. Simply put most illegals just want to stay here and either work off the books or take advantage of social programs. Legalizing them just opens up more access to the social service network. Nope and hell to the nope.

Old 11-27-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Doing nothing at all is to the nTH power better than any form of amnesty. "Legalizing" them won't make them learn English or assimilate to the usual cultures here in the U.S.. Simply put most illegals just want to stay here and either work off the books or take advantage of social programs. Legalizing them just opens up more access to the social service network. Nope and hell to the nope.

Exactly. "Legalizing" will just double or triple the burden they are on public aid and allow them to draw on a trillion dollar social security fund. Not to mention there is no legal provision in our laws to create a permanent underclass and block a permanent resident from becoming a citizen.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:10 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You don't want to get rid of illegal aliens because you have a hunch it won't work and you care about Big Dairyâ„¢, lol, sorry that dog don't hunt. Illegal immigration population won't be reduced fast enough to have a significant impact.
No. I don't want to get rid of illegals because there is no rational way to do it. And not doing something about them leaves us vulnerable to an increase in the population.

The dairy example was one of many showing the actual cost of removing them.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:17 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Pew. That is actually not self deportation. The number was a net decrease in Mexicans in the US of about 900,000. it is returning to Mexico as the economy picked up. They were not forced out but rather attracted home.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Pew. That is actually not self deportation. The number was a net decrease in Mexicans in the US of about 900,000. it is returning to Mexico as the economy picked up. They were not forced out but rather attracted home.

True. Self deportation is technically a legal process. A court gives an illegal a chance to self-deport in lieu of being fromally deported. It helps the country because it is quicker and cheaper, and it helps the illegal because it stays off record and doesn't trigger mandatory bars.

But within the context of the illegal immigration issue, most lay people use the term for those who choose to leave, for whatever reason.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:17 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
do I need to get that info for you? i can ya know. let me know as i can help with that.

PS: I could stand it, so here it is ... 91.2 percent. Click on that number in the article and it takes you to another publication that says ... 37.8% increase since 2015 and their accounting comes from ... "Mexico's National Institute of Statistics and Geography"

but honestly, people don't want to know that ... they want to keep the thinking that America is all that and America stopped being all that decades ago. Reality of it though is tough for some to let sink in.

People leave the u.s.; that's what they do and they leave many times the same way many move into the u.s. Anyway they can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Right, because Mexico is known for it's accurate statistics. Total fabrication, about on par with election results from Saddam Hussein. What's the statistics on Mexico for traffic fatalities or burglaries. They don't collect statistics, they manufacture propaganda. Can you tell me how many American "illegal" ex-pats were deported last year? If 91% are illegal, surely there must be many accounts of this.

Not a chance the true number is even 2 percent. Note even their phony number includes typos and dual nationals which is probably 90% of it. Where's the integrity of a statistic on those without papers that includes a massive number of people that don't need papers?

I think it's hilarious that the article you cited used two case examples of Americans living illegally in Mexico. They had to issue a correction that one of them was actually a Mexican citizen and not illegal. Nowhere did they mention precisely how the American was illegal, even stating she worked legally and had a lawyer and was in the process of getting legal permanent residency.
It was an article ... you can reject the data all you want, but that doesn't make it any less true. And that is just the number of Americans living undocumented in Mexico with so many other countries people choose to leave to as well. (work visas, college, business ventures, etc) How many deported? The Mexican Authorities do not deport them, as Trump does. Trump will spend 600 billion expelling immigrants. While the u.s. is on their spending spree ... Mexico (as well as other countries are) is enjoying the fruits from the labor of u.s immigrants.

I'm not sure why any one would want to do the government's bidding, but hey, knock yourself out. I for one do not believe in government. I believe in people. What (freedom) God has put in place for people since the beginning of time, the government can not undo. Some seeds will plant, take root and grow, others not, but humanity will live on all around the world. That's just the life in nature.

Stop with the Americans don't behave like that. We are a people, not a country. We will live where ever we can, with the hope of prosperity, nothing more, nothing less. Government is just something else to survive.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
It was an article ... you can reject the data all you want, but that doesn't make it any less true. And that is just the number of Americans living undocumented in Mexico with so many other countries people choose to leave to as well. (work visas, college, business ventures, etc) How many deported? The Mexican Authorities do not deport them, as Trump does. Trump will spend 600 billion expelling immigrants. While the u.s. is on their spending spree ... Mexico (as well as other countries are) is enjoying the fruits from the labor of u.s immigrants.

Ignorance. The vast majority of American ex-pats are retired, living on their investment income, and do not have work permits. There was no data there just fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies