Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 12:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,335,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Before the moonbats try to dispute this, I'll point out this study that pegs the cost of educating illegal children alone is $44 Billion. And that's based on estimate of 12 million illegals which more recent estimates put closer to 20 million.
https://www.ajc.com/news/opinion/edu...dowmSvgX9C4TM/
Again right wing myth. The children involved are mostly American citizens and have every right to an education.

The 20 million is simply a new model. The authors note that it is based upon assumptions which may not be correct.

And if it was true it would reflect an even bigger need to legalize most of the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 12:06 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Agree with you. And then compare the people getting healthcare on someone's else dime to a hard-working middle-income American earning $50,000 and having to pay a premium of $900 a month - and then still having to pay for prescriptions, exams, ER treatment, etc., up to a high deductible.

When I went to the pharmacy to fill a new prescription and was told my portion was $525 (insurance paid $75), and gulped, I was told I wasn't poor enough! She said lots of people get the medication for "free."

It works out great for those working under the table but the middle class has been squeezed since the ACA was passed. My deductible is so high I will go the entire year without using my insurance. My primary doctor went to concierge medicine last year so I am paying for that as well.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:29 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Again right wing myth. The children involved are mostly American citizens and have every right to an education.

The 20 million is simply a new model. The authors note that it is based upon assumptions which may not be correct.

And if it was true it would reflect an even bigger need to legalize most of the illegals.

Nothing mythical to it. Your just making assumptions that it includes kids who are citizens and even so, they wouldn't have been here if not for their parent's illegal entry so it would still cost back to that. If we were to deport the illegal parents most of the kids would go back with them.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:37 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
At what point is faking an accent and having no ID the preferred way to get government services?
more then just illegals do this. had an eye opening experience when i ended up in the emergency room. A woman nearby was being treated and being asked her information. She gave a name said she didn't have i.d. nor insurance and couldn't remember her social security number. She said it deadpan and was obvious to everyone including the person taking her info that she was lying. She knew they had to treat her and without that information they couldn't send the bill collectors after her. The person taking her info didn't even bat an eye at this. He had obviously seen it before and didn't even question her about it. Some people know how to avoid/cheat the system and don't hesitate to do so.

Old 11-22-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Nothing mythical to it. Your just making assumptions that it includes kids who are citizens and even so, they wouldn't have been here if not for their parent's illegal entry so it would still cost back to that. If we were to deport the illegal parents most of the kids would go back with them.
Nope - Nothing unknown about. And at this point virtually all the younger kids are legal. And no they will mostly stay with relatives or friends and get welfare assistance.

The children have nothing to do with the offenses of their parents. And in the end it would end up costing us a few tens of a billion more as the kids get government assistance with their parents deported.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope - Nothing unknown about. And at this point virtually all the younger kids are legal. And no they will mostly stay with relatives or friends and get welfare assistance.

The children have nothing to do with the offenses of their parents. And in the end it would end up costing us a few tens of a billion more as the kids get government assistance with their parents deported.

You're the one just making stuff up. The children have everything to do with their parents' offenses. Their very existence here is a byproduct of their parents' offenses. I'm not blaming the kids but the kids are costing billions and wouldn't be here if not for there illegal parents.

Your futile attempt to refute the costs of illegals by illustrating that it's the cost of birthright citizenship to illegals is laughable.

The cost of educating them didn't even include the free breakfast and lunch programs or the hardship waivers they get on school supplies and classroom fees. The $100 billion is a lowball number that doesn't even include indirect costs such as crime, wage depression, charity, etc.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:12 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Because they give a fake Social Security number so taxes are withheld from their check but they can't file for a refund or get medicare or Social Security, the money goes into a "suspense fund"
That wouldnt work, if someone tried to use a fake SS number, it would be discovered quickly and easily.

The only way it would work would be if the illegal used an SS number for someone around the same age, living in the same city, making about the same amount of money as they are each year...otherwise discrepancies would pop up all over the place.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:16 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
They aren't giving "fake" SSN's but existing ones belonging to someone else. An invalid SSN would be flagged on the first deposit.
The only way they could get away with that is if they used an SS number for someone around the same age, living in the same city and making about the same amount of money each year.

If they just used some random stolen SS number, the ages would likely not correspond, nor would the amount of money they made, city/state they were from, etc.

Old 11-22-2018, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The only way they could get away with that is if they used an SS number for someone around the same age, living in the same city and making about the same amount of money each year.

If they just used some random stolen SS number, the ages would likely not correspond, nor would the amount of money they made, city/state they were from, etc.

So they don't match? The question is what is done about it?

Old 11-22-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
You're the one just making stuff up. The children have everything to do with their parents' offenses. Their very existence here is a byproduct of their parents' offenses. I'm not blaming the kids but the kids are costing billions and wouldn't be here if not for there illegal parents.

Your futile attempt to refute the costs of illegals by illustrating that it's the cost of birthright citizenship to illegals is laughable.

The cost of educating them didn't even include the free breakfast and lunch programs or the hardship waivers they get on school supplies and classroom fees. The $100 billion is a lowball number that doesn't even include indirect costs such as crime, wage depression, charity, etc.
Always post the right wing idiocy.

The kids are natural born Americans and able to be the President.

There are numerous studies pointing out that the costs of the illegal aliens net to around zero. The use of the cost of educating US citizen children is simply the right wing way to falsify the total.

And as I pointed out the other day the cost of removing the illegal aliens in the dairy industry alone exceeds 50 billion a year. And the cost of removing the illegals will disrupt the economy to even greater levels than that.

So it is not going to happen. And if the right wing would stop their idiot blockage we might get the problem fixed before it gets any worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies