Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 09:30 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/21/trum...n-in-2020.html

A group of 10 economists predict a decline in growth back to 2.4%. The factors cited are the trade wars, the interest rate hikes by the fed, and the fading impact of Trump's tax cuts.

Trump's chief economic advisor, Larry Kudlow, is singing a different tune. He says that recession is so far in the distance that he "can't see it."
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-i-cant-see-it

We'll see who is right. Hopefully, for the sake of the nation, Kudlow is right.
" Kudlow is right" I agree.

To have any credibility for the 10 economists, give what they predicted in the past about the economy.
I recall MANY, probably some of the same, saying we were going to go into DEEP recession due to the Trump tax cuts, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2019, 09:32 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I recall MANY, probably some of the same, saying we were going to go into DEEP recession due to the Trump tax cuts, etc.
Fake news? Many predicted they would not pay for themselves despite the lies from the trump administration. And the naysayers were correct. We are looking at trillion dollar annual deficits now during a supposed economic boom

Old 05-04-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Add debt that is spinning out of control. All of these are self-inflicted wounds. Trump and the GOP are blowing up the recovery.

"Trump and the GOP are blowing up the recovery"

The DEMS run the HOUSE. what have they DONE?

Old 05-04-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Which economists said it would implode when Trump got elected? That's news to me.
"Which economists said it would implode when Trump got elected? That's news to me."

NOT our fault you DON'T follow the news!

"Oct 29, 2016 Simon Johnson Can the global economy, still coping with the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis, withstand the shock of Donald Trump’s victory? Is a world recession now inevitable?

WASHINGTON, DC – With the United States’ presidential election on November 8, and a series of elections and other political decisions fast approaching in Europe, now is a good time to ask whether the global economy is in good enough shape to withstand another major negative shock. The answer, unfortunately, is that growth and employment around the world look fragile. A big adverse surprise – like the election of Donald Trump in the US – would likely cause the stock market to crash and plunge the world into recession'

https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...ohnson-2016-10

the libs favorite "economist", Paul Krugman

"the-economic-fallout"

"So we are very probably looking at a global recession, with no end in sight. I suppose we could get lucky somehow. But on economics, as on everything else, a terrible thing has just happened."

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...onomic-fallout

Another one of the libs Favorites they like to quote who they "think" is an economist"

Back to Videos
Maher: I'm "Hoping" For "A Crashing Economy" So We Can Get Rid Of Trump, "Bring On The Recession"

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date June 9, 2018

Bill Maher said Friday that he is "hoping" for the bottom to fall out of the economy and for the country to enter a recession so we can "get rid of Trump." He said one way to do that is a "crashing economy." Maher said he is "sorry" if it hurts people, but rooting for a recession is a prevention measure to losing democracy.

"Can I ask about the economy because this economy is going pretty well? I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point. And by the way, I'm hoping for it. Because I think one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy. So, please, bring on the recession."

I can find MORE if you CAN'T

Old 05-04-2019, 11:44 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
And....just like that, there's a hiring surge for April and the unemployment rate drops to 3.6%, the lowest since 1969. And economists didn't see it coming.
It's all political and social propaganda.

It's understandable that economists have biases and prejudices, but it is unconscionable for them to allow those biases and prejudices to affect their judgment.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:48 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/21/trum...n-in-2020.html

A group of 10 economists predict a decline in growth back to 2.4%. The factors cited are the trade wars, the interest rate hikes by the fed, and the fading impact of Trump's tax cuts.

Trump's chief economic advisor, Larry Kudlow, is singing a different tune. He says that recession is so far in the distance that he "can't see it."
https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-i-cant-see-it

We'll see who is right. Hopefully, for the sake of the nation, Kudlow is right.
Thus far these top economists are not looking too good. 3.5% unemployment rate, and record high Dow....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies