Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 10:16 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
she -still- tries to keep herself in the news, why could that be?
Did you read the article? This really so hard to consider or understand?

"Clinton was one of three heavyweights of the centre-left interviewed by the Guardian to better understand why their brand of politics appears to be failing. All three have seen their countries upended by political events that to some degree can be explained by the success of rightwing populism."

Another reason I might add is that Clinton tends to get the attention of supporters and detractors alike that a whole lot of other politicians don't, certainly more than most. The Guardian like most other news organizations wants to draw the attention of it's readers after all, like most of them must, just like Fox News tends to do with Hillary all the time too. Not to mention that Clinton happened to garner the largest share of the recorded popular vote in America in our last national election.

Last edited by LearnMe; 11-24-2018 at 11:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The woman quite clearly wants to run again in 2020. This is a pretty obvious step in that direction.

As for me, I hate both parties but would love for them both to suck less. I sincerely hope that the Dems aren't stupid enough to run her again. They can do better. Much, much, much better.
I find it difficult to believe the Democrats would again choose Hillary as their nominee for POTUS for a variety of reasons, and I think the Republicans could do "much, much, much better" than Trump as well...

Everyone tends to be at least somewhat disappointed with both parties if not plenty disappointed, about our political system in general, but consider your core beliefs or opinions about your top ten most important political issues and no doubt the Republicans or the Democrats best represents your political leanings in those regards. Disappointed or not, that's how I determine which party to support, coupled with their chances of winning (because I don't waste my vote on those who don't have a chance of winning).

Old 11-24-2018, 10:28 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Are you kidding me?! Latin America is Western Civilization. Latin American immigrants are infinitely preferable to Muslims. Still, I think there's too much immigration overall; all I'm saying is it could be worse. English and Spanish are both European language written in Latin script. (FWIW, I support "English only" and detest forced bilingualism.) Protestantism and Catholicism are both subsets of Christianity.

Saying that a cultural invasion from South of the border is preferable to a cultural invasion from the Middle East may be true in a way......

But it's kinda like saying that it's preferable to be shot in the leg than to be shot in the head.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Larry View Post
Morally, spiritually, and ethically bankrupt and yet has the nerve to call others deplorables.
I keep a close eye on the top of her head expecting to see horns sprouting any day now.
Trump may have his faults but he isn't a devil worshipping globalist.
Globalism is the Biblical beast, the wheat and tares will soon be separated.
Not that Trump hasn't insulted a whole lot of people in his own special way too (to the delight of his supporters we might also admit), but I've always argued two wrongs don't make a right, and I'm pretty sure even Hillary would not put her sentiments into those words if she had the chance for a do-over. That said...

Amusing to suggest who might be most morally, spiritually or ethically deserving of our respect, but again what matters most is the truth. My opinion anyway. How much of the following is true and to what extent?

“You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She said the other half of Trump’s supporters “feel that the government has let them down” and are “desperate for change.”

“Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well,” she said.

Forget who defined the deplorables in this way. We all know there are plenty of Americans who fall in this category, but how many? Who can say, but "survey says" they mostly reside in the Trump camp.

As someone who is not a Trump supporter and curious how more Americans might be less supportive of people like Trump, these realities are what tends to get my focus. I'm more interested in these dymanics across America, not so much the personalities like Hillary who stir the pot of debate with these sorts of quotes. Trump is not the only one who can stir the pot that way, though I'm not sure he doesn't stir the pot a good deal more than most people in a position to do so these days...

Last edited by LearnMe; 11-24-2018 at 10:49 AM..

Old 11-24-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Saying that a cultural invasion from South of the border is preferable to a cultural invasion from the Middle East may be true in a way......

But it's kinda like saying that it's preferable to be shot in the leg than to be shot in the head.
There is culture, there is religion and there is immigration...

If we are against a certain culture or religion as opposed to being in favor of sensible immigration policy, we begin to cross that deplorable line that Hillary made famous, again proving how prevalent deplorable people might be in America...

Sometimes reading so much that seems to prove how much a problem we have in America along those deplorable lines makes me think the shot in the head is preferable.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Unfortunately republicans like to be hypocrites on immigration, like the moron in chief himself.

We could solve the problem tomorrow by true enforcement including criminal penalties against employers who employ illegals, as well as mandatory farm/construction work by able bodied adults on welfare, followed by immigration reform to legally employ immigrants to do the work we cannot find citizens for.

GOP doesn't have the balls or moral fortitude to do it, but instead they love to demonize mexicans/hispanics etc. It's a lot easier that way to rile up the racist base, and have a boogeyman to get double digit IQ MAGA folks to the polls. Putting bad employers in jail won't do that (many of whom are probably hypocrites themselves).
Much you call out as well is all too true and sad as this truth may be, I am always somewhat heartened by the fact that some people can see what too many others cannot. Many more still necessary to avoid another mistake like Trump.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:24 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
There is culture, there is religion and there is immigration...

If we are against a certain culture or religion as opposed to being in favor of sensible immigration policy, we begin to cross that deplorable line that Hillary made famous, again proving how prevalent deplorable people might be in America...

Sometimes reading so much that seems to prove how much a problem we have in America along those deplorable lines makes me think the shot in the head is preferable.

Ahh...the myth of cultural equality.

The notion that all cultures are somehow morally equivalent, even if their culture says it's their religious duty to decapitate anyone who believes differently than they do.

And you wonder why some folks don't mind being called Deplorables.......

Old 11-24-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Ahh...the myth of cultural equality.

The notion that all cultures are somehow morally equivalent, even if their culture says it's their religious duty to decapitate anyone who believes differently than they do.

And you wonder why some folks don't mind being called Deplorables.......
Ahh yes, the voice of ignorance. I've got to sign off this forum now, and comments like yours always help me decide that's best, but before I do, I'd like to challenge you with this request. Please answer/respond...

Who said anything about "cultural equality?" I won't go down that rabbit hole of a straw man argument, but needless to say, sensible immigration policy has never been about evaluating a culture the way you seem to be doing and hopefully never will. You are proving Hillary Clinton's accusations more true than not, regardless what you or Hillary may choose to call it.

Obviously, I have no idea who you are or what you are about, but I'm hoping you can at least recognize where you can do with a little reconsideration of these "notions" of yours. I mean seriously, how many people do you really believe think it "their religious duty to decapitate anyone who believes differently than they do?"

Over three million Muslim Americans in America alone. You believe this is what they believe?!? Absolutely ridiculous and again utterly ignorant this!

NO ONE can prove that "notion" applies to any large enough number of people in any culture or of any religion to assume that incredibly ignorant notion is representative of ANY culture or religion, and please don't even get into this "morally equivalency" nonsense when America like so many other countries and religions can hardly claim innocent in these "moral" regards!

I surely do wonder why some folks don't mind being called deplorable just like I wonder about people who seem proud about white supremacy. If you tend toward deplorable ways of thinking, no doubt you deserve the title whether you like it or not!

Again more importantly, I'm not sure Hillary was right that about half of Trump supporters fall into this category but no doubt Trump tends to attract those who think this way, and this for America in general is a real problem of backwardness that I think only our next generation can correct as always, slowly but surely.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:41 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
Hillary is keeping her ugly mug in the public eye, because she is eyeing the white house.
One would have to be living under a rock to not understand that.

When she announces(and she will) her presidential run for 2020, you can all go back a year or so, and look at my post where I stated all along she will be running.
I stated that on the night Trump won the election.

You gotta give the old bag credit, she doesn't give up.
Unfortunate for her,(good for the rest of us) she will never finish her campaign, and I also gave the reasons for that, way back then.

Bob.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:08 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Hillary is keeping her ugly mug in the public eye, because she is eyeing the white house.
One would have to be living under a rock to not understand that.

When she announces(and she will) her presidential run for 2020, you can all go back a year or so, and look at my post where I stated all along she will be running.
I stated that on the night Trump won the election.

You gotta give the old bag credit, she doesn't give up.
Unfortunate for her,(good for the rest of us) she will never finish her campaign, and I also gave the reasons for that, way back then.

Bob.
Hillary will never get the nomination unless a terminal case of dumb-ass strikes the DNC. She can not beat Trump -- unless there is a major unknown between now and two years from now (unexpected war, economy crashes, etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies