Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 10:36 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
To me, there are toxic people. They just vary what they are toxic about.

I suppose people are born toxic and should be weeded out in the maternity ward. Selectively sending them to the wood chipper hasn't received serious considerate, yet.

Those born toxic now are allowed to age and sent to the incubator, AKA public education system, where the toxicity can be refined through liberal indoctrination and injected into blood stream of society. Its making the nation sick.
If we want to put an end to it, clearly we need a filter to eliminate the toxicity. Teaching the already toxic people to hate the country they were born in should be abandoned. That's the filter that could produce some favorable results and needs more development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 10:43 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I suppose people are born toxic and should be weeded out in the maternity ward. Selectively sending them to the wood chipper hasn't received serious considerate, yet.

Those born toxic now are allowed to age and sent to the incubator, AKA public education system, where the toxicity can be refined through liberal indoctrination and injected into blood stream of society. Its making the nation sick.
If we want to put an end to it, clearly we need a filter to eliminate the toxicity. Teaching the already toxic people to hate the country they were born in should be abandoned. That's the filter that could produce some favorable results and needs more development.

That's probably the weirdest thing I've read all year, and the competition was steep.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-23-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
That's probably the weirdest thing I've read all year, and the competition was steep.
Its a reasonable response to your opinion or judgement that people are toxic. If we are going to seriously address the problem it seems logical to address it at the source. If that isn't possible then the earlier in the aging process the better. Seems logical. Once the grapes are turned into wine, the wine, can't be turned back into grapes.

Old 11-23-2018, 10:53 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its a reasonable response to your opinion or judgement that people are toxic. If we are going to seriously address the problem it seems logical to address it at the source. If that isn't possible then the earlier in the aging process the better.

My point is some people are toxic, there is no need to stereotype them. It's not men, women, libs, conservatives, young, old or any other group.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-23-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
My point is some people are toxic, there is no need to stereotype them. It's not men, women, libs, conservatives, young, old or any other group.
My point is if people are toxic when and how did they get that way and what can be done about it?
It's a solution based argument instead of a finger pointing of blame endless argument.

I can't imagine someone is waving the magic wand and getting results from it. Do we need and want toxic people ? Should we incubate them and titrate them into the political blood stream through identity politics ?

Each group and subgroup gets a measured amount according to the supply. It could be that under that idea some identity groups could get more than 50 % of their membership.
Naturally democrats should be in control of government, b/c they know that gov. is always the benevolent master, and let government decide just how sick the nation can become without killing it. I can see the slogan now and its consistent with liberal thought. Let no toxic people go to waste !!!
They have rights also. ( hopefully they will vote too ) The feminist and anti-feminist will certainly get the preferred dosage. Enough to keep them alive even if the dose makes them sick.

Last edited by phma; 11-23-2018 at 11:28 AM..

Old 11-23-2018, 11:30 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,845 times
It's obvious that most people don't really understand what Toxic Masculinity is. It's a strong phrase, and we automatically assume that it means something far worse than it really does. T

If we're actually looking for the female version of toxic masculinity, then I believe it does exist, and it has nothing to do with men or feminists.

Toxic femininity would refer to the importance that some women place on appearance. The way they treat themselves in order to reach these unattainable, unhealthy physical goals, and how they treat the girls and women who don't aspire to look like that. A girl feeling the need to spend her money on some unnecessary fashion item, rather than have the money to eat because she will be ostracized if she doesn't have it.

Old 11-23-2018, 11:38 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Toxic feminism could include the SJW-leaning conservative or liberal feminists.

Old 11-23-2018, 11:48 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,448,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Toxic feminism could include the SJW-leaning conservative or liberal feminists.
That's exactly who they are. The militant in your face screamers

Old 11-23-2018, 12:26 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,432,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
It's obvious that most people don't really understand what Toxic Masculinity is. It's a strong phrase, and we automatically assume that it means something far worse than it really does. T

If we're actually looking for the female version of toxic masculinity, then I believe it does exist, and it has nothing to do with men or feminists.

Toxic femininity would refer to the importance that some women place on appearance. The way they treat themselves in order to reach these unattainable, unhealthy physical goals, and how they treat the girls and women who don't aspire to look like that. A girl feeling the need to spend her money on some unnecessary fashion item, rather than have the money to eat because she will be ostracized if she doesn't have it.
So toxic masculinity is something that's oppressive and victimizes women; toxic femininity though still has women as the victims.

Old 11-23-2018, 12:38 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwen'swanting2relocate View Post
I do wonder what kind of woman you are meeting. Any woman I know whom I would call a "feminist" are woman who believe in the power and right for woman to have opportunities and pay on par with men. What you are describing is the caricature of "feminists."
My description is in no way, shape, or form a caricature of feminism (a feminist caricature would be one who eschews all typical female beauty/grooming routines and who goes out of her way to inconvenience or harm men just to be difficult).

What I am referring to is the astereotype that appears in vitually every tv show and movie and that retail caters to.

1. Catty backstabbing: Being nice to someone else to their face then saying nasty things about them to others behind their back.

2. Placing an undue amount of importance on superficial shallow things: One look in the "beauty" section of any department store or at the number of businesses that cater to female vanity are indicative of this.
  • Mani-pedi? My god, how moronic is it to pay someone to cut and paint your fingernails?
  • All the work spent on eyebrows? Who in the world cares about eyebrows?
  • Buying new clothes every season even though there is nothing wrong with the clothes you have because "fashion"
  • Throw pillows, decorative soaps and towels, and other things that have no function other than to be looked at and take up space
  • etc

Not to mention badmouthing other women if they don't adhere to the established beauty or fashion rules (see #1 above)

3. Massive sense of entitlement: Expecting others to place your wants and needs above their own. The idea that one's own opinions, preferences, and desires are the objectively correct way things are supposed to be. While this can be seen in both sexes, it is much more prevalent in women (the phrase "Happy wife, happy life" exemplifies this...if anything should be labeled toxic it is this sentiment).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies