Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2018, 07:49 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Well he keeps getting elected by the locals there so perhaps they don't agree; you should move to Vermont so you can vote against him.
Not a chance. LOL. I like it where it never snows and the beach is a 5 minute drive. I also like cheap health insurance and a low cost of living.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 08:00 AM

45,229 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Great and what's your point? It's not always about you. Some people are not smart, let's be real. Some people may make a bad decision at one time in their life that prevents most future job prospects. These are still people. And if there is a purpose of a society it's to protect the weakest in their society. It's really elementary, I don't care that you "made it", I care to make sure no one starves. Got it?
speaking of "It's not always about you", dont kid yourself, "protect the weakest" is just word play to describe an ego driven scheme of rob and redistribute...and my look how generous you are with your neighbors money (most of which is never used for the actual "cause")
And B.S. is just a thief spouting populist rhetoric to divert everyones attention while he slips his hand into back pockets and lifts wallets.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:25 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
We're talking about raising the minimum wage. Yet, somehow you're opposed to that because you want to make sure people work their butts off?
I am opposed to raising it immensely, as first its a training wage. Use the jobs associated correctly-get your feet wet working and second I analyze and sign off on capital expenditure requests so I know payback years determine what gets signed. Raise labors cost-more get signed to automate labor. Payback years are simply investment/lbr saved annually-lower is best for the corp.That means for you novices the jobs go bye-bye.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:26 AM

34,059 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

. You can succeed if you are willing to drive it. Work for it and earn it.

Sanders was a mooch and a dead beat in the private sector. He is the last one that should be giving business advice to anyone.

100% true

Old 11-25-2018, 10:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
And politicians should make LESS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
a lot less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
This from a man in power to make laws for us to follow but he and others in congress can just give themselves a pay raise anytime they want.If these clowns were paid for their job performance in congress they wouldn't have two nickels too rub together!
From the members who haven't even read the bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Well he keeps getting elected by the locals there so perhaps they don't agree; you should move to Vermont so you can vote against him.
That member doesn't even live in the US.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:54 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Bernie Sanders has determined for Walmart how much they should be paying their workers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2068959002/
What a geriatric communist thinks could not be more functionally irrelevant to this nation at this point in time. I would say that its damaging but at this stage such rhetoric is only damaging to his group for its reflection on it.

Old 11-25-2018, 02:54 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Bernie Sanders has determined for Walmart how much they should be paying their workers.

You pay what the system will bear.
Everyone has or doesn't have value.
How much you think you are worth, I may think differently. I may value you more.... or less.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:45 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Stepson night stocks at Walmart..$11 hour, maximum 32 hours a week. Walmart decides how much should be stocked in an hour. If you don't stock 15-17 times that much in 8 hours, you are gone.
Manager's yearly bonus is determined on labor costs. Bonus can be more than he made the rest of the year.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:

so bernie sanders has fully delved into the books at walmart, knows exactly how much walmart takes in, how much they pay out in expenses, what their capital expenditures are, and what each store does as well in all things. and obviously he has made the proper calculations to properly determine what each worker should be able to make, given the net revenue by each store, etc. and then how much prices will have to go up to maintain their profit margins, etc.

i didnt realize that bernie was an accountant.

Old 11-25-2018, 09:30 PM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
speaking of "It's not always about you", dont kid yourself, "protect the weakest" is just word play to describe an ego driven scheme of rob and redistribute...and my look how generous you are with your neighbors money (most of which is never used for the actual "cause")
And B.S. is just a thief spouting populist rhetoric to divert everyones attention while he slips his hand into back pockets and lifts wallets.
Well whatever, it's your country. Your government, voted by the people, can decide how much welfare to dole out to her citizens.

Just to be clear, taxes are not theft. You're enjoying the fruits of your government and society so you have to pay up. Not paying taxes is theft. If you don't want to pay taxes then you need to leave. Likewise, if I'm at a hotel and don't want to pay the rate anymore, I cut it short it and leave.

In my country, we do protect the weakest, and I wouldn't have it anyway. Yes, I pay taxes (income, VAT) and I wouldn't have it anyway. I find your lack of concern for your fellow countrymen to be a sign of some underlying psychological imbalance or disorder - but that's just my opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies