Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 03:29 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It sure feels that way, doesn't it?

This guy was literally the opposite of the usual narrative when a black man is shot and killed by police. So often we hear that the person was a "thug," with an illegal firearm, who didn't follow police instructions, and does have a criminal record.

Fitzgerald Bradford wasn't some local thug, he was active duty US Army. His pistol WAS registered and he DID have a permit. He DOESN'T have a criminal record.

And he's military, so he knows how to follow commands when given them. And the final blow? Friends and family are saying Bradford respected police officers because his own father is a cop.

This young man is literally the polar opposite of what we so often hear about young black men when they get killed by police. It sounds like he was an amazing young man who had no criminal background and was one of several weapons permit holders who drew their guns to maybe see if they could help save lives.

I won't speculate, but I'm very anxious to see the facts come out on this one. I'm just having a hard time believing that a disciplined Army soldier would not follow commands/orders in a situation like that.

I'm almost certain that the mall has cameras in every wing of the shopping center, right? Maybe that video will be released after the investigation is concluded.
Don't worry. By this time next week, Fox News will make sure we all know that he stole a pack of gum when he was 10, failed a math test as a freshman in high school, ran over a squirrel when he was 16, said the "s word" during an argument at school his senior year, drank alcohol at a party when he was 19, and tried marijuana a few times. There will be a photo of him flipping the bird at a friend as a teen and probably several of him wearing a baseball cap sideways, wearing a hoodie, wearing his jeans low on his hips. In other words, he will be made out to be a "thug" who obviously deserved to be shot.

And no, the mall security videos will never be shown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 03:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
So much for a "good guy with a gun" stopping the "bad guy with a gun." Seems that the good guy with a gun is at risk for being shot and killed by another good guy with a gun. Meanwhile the bad guy with a gun gets away laughing all the way home.

NRA, is is too soon to talk about this except for thoughts and prayers?

Old 11-24-2018, 03:48 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,474 times
Terribly sad for his family.

Old 11-24-2018, 03:50 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I carry my gun 90% of the time and these kind of active shooter scenerios have crossed my mind. There is no way responding cops to active shooter in progress know who is the bad guy with the gun and who is the good guy with the gun.
So, I guess, the next question would be.. How the heck has the montra spewed by NRA ( decades) of the "Only thing that can combat/protect you from the "Bad Guy with a Gun"~ Is to have a "Good Guy with a Gun"??? Kind of Throws THAT OUT THE WINDOW!!

It seems too many "Good Guys with that Gun " are being killed Koinky-wise, they are mostly folks of Colour
Added jojajn from above~ which echo's whatI said!
Quote:
jojajn

So much for a "good guy with a gun" stopping the "bad guy with a gun." Seems that the good guy with a gun is at risk for being shot and killed by another good guy with a gun. Meanwhile the bad guy with a gun gets away laughing all the way home.

NRA, is is too soon to talk about this except for thoughts and prayers?

Old 11-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Actually, it's not.

How many white mass shooters have been arrested and taken in without a scratch on them?

Black dude with a gun... Fire first and ask later. And these topics always expose you guys.
Your posting history says it all.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:02 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Actually, it's not.

How many white mass shooters have been arrested and taken in without a scratch on them?

Black dude with a gun... Fire first and ask later. And these topics always expose you guys.
Well, we can start with Dylann Roof. He is a mass murderer is he was taken without a scratch, AFTER BEING ON THE RUN FOR A FEW DAYS.

This shooting, well, the first thing I'm feeling is alot of anger. I can't think of anything that man did to deserve getting shot. Another feeling I have is fear. I don't want to get shot by an officer because said officer is operating under "Black men are more likely to be violent so shoot now, ask questions later". Of course I wonder if someone will come here and say "what you're scared of, this is how we feel about Blacks".

The way I see it, the police are suppose to serve and protect.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Terribly tragic indeed. Whenever there is an active shooter in a crowded place do not pull out your firearm unless you have a clear shot at the shooter, and then you need to holster it immediately after the threat is eliminated. You cannot expect police officers to know who is responsible for the shooting, and its not a good idea to think they can discern who is the good guy with the gun, and who isn't.

I don't think these police acted with any malice, they made a terrible mistake, one that will affect them for the rest of their lives.
But at least they will be alive to suffer the consequences, unlike the victim.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:13 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
You can't have an armed society and cops popping the first {black) guy with a piece they see. One is the other has to change.
Cops are trained on alot of things.

Deciding who the good guy with a gun isnt one of them.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:28 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Terribly tragic indeed. Whenever there is an active shooter in a crowded place do not pull out your firearm unless you have a clear shot at the shooter, and then you need to holster it immediately after the threat is eliminated. You cannot expect police officers to know who is responsible for the shooting, and its not a good idea to think they can discern who is the good guy with the gun, and who isn't.

I don't think these police acted with any malice, they made a terrible mistake, one that will affect them for the rest of their lives.
But at least they will be alive to suffer the consequences, unlike the victim.
Or set it on the ground with the cylinder open or the magazine removed and placed next to the piece. Then step away from it.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:41 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,464,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Cops are trained on alot of things.

Deciding who the good guy with a gun isnt one of them.
Not an excuse. Why have training at all if you are going to just come in and start shooting like it's the wild wild west?

But you are right. There is no training for this, because you can't train racist beliefs out of people. That only comes with empathy, compassion and understanding, which all racists lack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies