Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 01:47 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What a steaming pile of ****! And you know it.
The funny part is you know I'm right....Trump is the best world leader today...and everybody knows it.

World, you may want Trump but you can't have him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 02:23 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There's a lot of people around the world that know without a doubt we have the best leader in the world as our current Presidet.
Yeah, too bad that the "lot of people" are Kim Jong-un and Saudi Arabia. Nothing like crossing Sharia Law with Kim Jong-un's cleverly concealed nuclear weapons. I bet old Kim falls asleep laughing at Trump while the Saudi Crown Prince lies awake making a mental list of all the individuals that he wants to brutally murder like American Residents, all journalists, and all countries that won't sell him weapons to rain down death on Yemeni children. MBS (as he fondly known) thanks Allah at least 5 times a day for the American President who is even more amoral than he is - Donald J. Trump.

We might be able to dump Trump on one of the two above, but the rest of the world is not very happy with the Midnight Twitler.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:50 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Unlike most of the posters on here I actually live abroad. It may come as a surprise to any but Trump is quite popular among the ex-pat community. Most Ex-pats are shocked that I am no fan of Trump. Im not as venomous about it as the hard left on here.

The locals detested Hillary and dont understand Trump. They get that he says he is for America first, they just dont get his rhetoric.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:32 AM

7,238 posts, read 5,114,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Why not ask me to present you evidence for gravity, the earth is round, and the sky is blue while you're at it?

Again, I owe you nothing. I was just giving my opinion (go Macron! in this case). If you want to debate why water is wet, go find someone bored enough to do it with you.

We'll accept that as your concession speech.

BTW- if you jump up and come back down, we've proved gravity once again....'round the world cruises have been occurring regularly for several hundred yrs, proving #2, and, because blue sky is an optical allusion, we have to agree to it by mutual consent, but it is the same every day, ie- reproducible-- something the GW "data" is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
The demonstrators are not "left wing" or "progressives" since they're protesting green tax laws.

Read between the lines. He's "comparing & contrasting," drawing an analogy about methods, not positions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I support France's Green Movement...as long as they keep sending me cheese and wine...if they stop either of those, I draw the line.

I realize you're being facetious, but that is the whole point: as long as The Green Movement doesn't materially affect one's life (do you really require a plastic straw to remain happy?), it's easy to go along with it. But once they get into our pockets, we won't put up with it- particularly if they can't show some observable advantage to the sacrifice.

Old 12-04-2018, 06:33 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
He needs to start acting like a president for all
"Get to the back of the bus" - Barack Obama 2009
"elections have consequences" - Barack Obama 2009

Old 12-04-2018, 09:18 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
There's nothing subjective about the FACT that NAFTA was ended and a new trade deal USMCA negotiated and signed. You said "what trade deals" as if to imply there have been no new trade deals.
Yes, it’s entirely subjective, because you’re asserting NAFTA was somehow “bad”, just as it’s furthermore subjective to call any of trumps misdoings “deals”.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:05 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Yes, it’s entirely subjective, because you’re asserting NAFTA was somehow “bad”, just as it’s furthermore subjective to call any of trumps misdoings “deals”.
It was so bad and destructive to the U.S. that virtually none of it was changed to then be given some lipstick and again signed by Trump and called a great "win".

Additional 3.5% access to Canada's dairy sector the U.S. was already enjoying a surplus of trade in to the tune of Canada buying a half a billion more of U.S. dairy products than Canada was selling to the U.S.

Trump desperately needs perceived enemies to keep his simpletons in thrall. Canada sufficed right up until now being seen by all authorities on the topic of trade deals as the winner in the new CUSMA deal.

By the way; how's that new better, cheaper healthcare program coming along?
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...cheaper-693362

Any news on the factories that weren't closing under his watch?
https://www.popularmechanics.com/tec...ld-trump-jobs/
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/eco...ax-cut-n876901
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ts/2113275002/

How about all those steel mills that were supposedly opening?
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-donald-trump/ he lied...
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...g-mills-not-so

Clean coal got the miners all back in harness?
https://www.npr.org/2018/02/23/58623...f-his-policies 'Temporarily some, but not gonna last.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/24/b...al-miners.html

How about the bankruptcy rate for farmers, ticking upward still seen as winning?
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...umps-trade-war

Additionally: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...ers-39-billion

Trump lemmings are a contrarian oxmoronic group who would lustingly crowd close to watch a guy throw a hand-grenade into a schidthouse then call it a win after the very predictable results while confused by the displayed scorn from the rest of the world as they're seen standing there covered in the brown results.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
When the earth reverses its spin you will be right too.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:26 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
NAFTA and its 23 sister "agreements" were/are bad...unions fought against them.... globalist Clinton pushed the democrat controlled congress to pass nafta at all costs

Old 12-04-2018, 10:56 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The French must take to the streets and riot every now end then. Nothing wrong with it. It’s what they’ve always done. It’s good for a nation to ventilate every so often. Sometimes your government won’t listen unless some hell is raised.

Americans think it’s preposterous because we’re accustomed to taking it up the giggy without a fight. Our elected officials don’t even bother to listen to their constituents. GM gets a big fat tax cut and sends 15,000 people packing. Guarantee you they would’ve NEVER tried that if they were in France. Trust and believe that s__t!
You know the whole premise of this thread is schaudenfreude by Trumpists who want to take a swipe at Macron (and other European leaders) for not going along with Trump's policy directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies