Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 10:12 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
Landslide victory for the opponents. As usual, homosexual marriage can almost only be made legal through the courts, as there are way too many rational people out there. As a reminder, in 2008 California rejected it 52% against and 48 % for. The Taiwanese Supreme Court overturned the ban on homosexual marriage and said it should be implemented within 2 years. Opponents thus gathered signatures for the referendum, which is not binding but forces the government to organize a reflection on the subject. Very little steps had been made to implement the Supreme Court decision, and this referendum is likely the final blow to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...erendum-battle
What exactly is "rational" about not letting gay people participate in a societal norm because of who they love?

Old 11-24-2018, 10:20 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
Sorel36 is an old hateful fool that doesn't like gays...why is there a 9 page thread about it? Go fist bump yourself in a mirror old man. Your time on this earth is near an end. Thankfully your prejudices will die with you.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:42 PM

2,185 posts, read 1,382,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Sorel36 is an old hateful fool that doesn't like gays...why is there a 9 page thread about it? Go fist bump yourself in a mirror old man. Your time on this earth is near an end. Thankfully your prejudices will die with you.

Lol I'm not old at all, this is hilarious. Given the low life expectancy of homosexuals, you should get concerned for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Did you choose to be heterosexual? Doubt it. It is quite rational to conclude that much of homosexuality is a state, not a chosen behavior.

Who you do or don't have sex with - so long as it is between consensual adults - is well considered by pretty much every modern society to be a matter of personal choice.

And besides, who cares what two gay people do behind closed doors? Let them marry - no skin off my nose. No one is forcing you into a gay marriage.

I did not choose to become heterosexual. God designed men to be with women.

Even for those who do not believe in God, surely it is apparent to all that if you have a biological feature, you are also equipped with the behavior that comes with it. This is a true for any creature on this earth. Predator features come with predatory behavior. Prey features come with prey-like behavior. It only makes sense that heterosexual features come with the associated behavior. This is why homosexuality is clearly unnatural.

And regarding what people do behind closed doors, I agree : this is none of my problem and I do not investigate it. It becomes our collective problem when marriage is redefined for all of us, societal norms are modified to accommodate perversion, innocent children are put in the care of deviants and the next perversion is also pushed on us : children being taught homosexuality and transexuality, women forced to share a bathroom with a man, forced to compete in sports against a man, etc.

As I said earlier this has opened the pandora box and will continue until the last of us has surrendered. This is a powerful tool used to redefine western civilization as we know it. In their circles the LGBT people admit the end game is the end of marriage, and the end of gender. Not just for them, for all of us. Which is why you have this push in the media against gender norms, a push for gender neutral clothing, education, pronouns that you use and the list goes on.

Last edited by Sorel36; 11-24-2018 at 11:07 PM..

Old 11-24-2018, 11:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Sometimes the voting public isn't very smart. Hence the need for a Supreme Court.
So, what good is voting for then? LOL

How about the CA citizens who voted on Prop 8 years ago...did their vote count or mean anything?

Old 11-25-2018, 12:05 AM

46,955 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Lol I'm not old at all, this is hilarious.
You didn't see fit to protest neither "hateful" nor "fool", just the swing at your age?

Old 11-25-2018, 12:30 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
Saudi Arabia also rejects gay marriage. They not only reject gay marriage, but gays have no rights at all,
not even the right to live because they put gays to death. Just as they do journalists.

I suggest all Trump-huggers and Christians move to Saudi Arabia ASAP. For you it's a paradise!

Russia would be another great option for you, where your hero Putin also put gays and journalists to death.
Heaven on earth!

Old 11-25-2018, 01:02 AM

251 posts, read 148,482 times
Ya know, recent graduates of gay conversion therapy camps should just refrain from posting on internet forums for awhile.

IJS.

Old 11-25-2018, 01:58 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
By Christians. You're actually pretty close to a worthwhile insight - people, when challenged on an irrational belief, will often fall back on tradition and/or religion. "Gode never errs, so He; of course concurs with Me." Doesn't much matter which god.
Does Buddha have an opinion on this? As far as I know there are no gods involved in the issue there. The Taiwanese simply don't want that kind of change in their society. They haven't been propagandized yet to the point that a majority think they need to vote for gay marriage in order to be good people.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:28 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Being black is a state, while homosexuality is a behavior. There is no human right to have sex with someone of the same gender and society is allowed to regulate social behavior which is why marriage and divorce take place before judges and witnesses. Liberty and being libertine are two different things.
1. Being homosexual is a state as well.

the behavior is acting upon that state.

2.Marriage and divorces are 100% within the church. You can go get married right now in a church, you dont need a marriage license.

What you are talking about is a state document that allows for legal transfer of property(monetary, intellectual, or physical) directly to your spouse without any litigation.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:34 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:

I did not choose to become heterosexual. God designed men to be with women.

Based on your post, you dont seem to be from one of the Abrahamic denominations that believes in "God's design"

Most Christians in fact, believe in free will with a divine guiding hand.

So God didnt design you to be anything. He simply gave you the ability to reproduce if you so chose. (which has nothing to do with being gay or straight)

But if you do truly believe in no free will, then what about all the deformed children born and immediately dying , people born with cancer and other diseases ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies