Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 11:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times

Advertisements

Trump has all the intellectual insight and restraint of a two year old, missing a nap and riding a sugar high from Hallloween...
Anything he wants he thinks he should have
Anything that frustrates him must be kicked into submission
Anyone who tell him what he doesn't want to hear gets a tantrum for his/her trouble...

This man is very good at manipulating certain groups of people into thinking they are going to get what they want when it is his wishes that rule...
Michael Moore predicted Trump would win and Moore gives Trump much more credit for being a manipulative genius in how he is able to motivate certain groups of people ignore the truth of his words and actions and be duped into hearing what they want...
Few mothers ever will admit they have ugly babies...
but that is exactly what Trump is--an ugly, dangerous bad seed that is threatening to choke America and most of her allies in his single minded torching of democracy...

Old 11-25-2018, 03:13 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Like a democrat scorned.

I have lived 80 years(in a month and a half) and never have I, in all those years seen such hatred for a President, as I am seeing from the democrats.

Years ago, when the opposing party won, the losing party picked up the pieces, and moved on, hoping to do better in the future.
That is the way it was in every election that I can remember.
When the election for president between Truman and Dewey took place, before all the votes were counted, the New York Times made fools out of themselves by publishing in huge headlines, "Dewey wins".

Well, he did not win, and I never recall anyone stating how much they hated Truman back then, that is so evident now in the democratic party against Mr. Trump.

This hatred because of Trump winning, has gone on for almost two years, with no signs of letting up.
I have to ask you dems, what is the purpose of all your hatred, and what do you feel it accomplishes, other than making you look like complete fools?

Bob.

Well Bob, I think the difference is Trump. He did not stop his antics and hate fueled attacks on his opponents, his opponents' supporters, the Constitution, the press and anyone else who has a different opinion than his very self. The peaceful transfer of power took place on inauguration day 2017 but Trump has failed to be president to all the country. Truman became a president. Trump, well we are still waiting. He tears down. He does not build. He takes no responsibility for anything and blames everyone for everything. We the people know we have no president. Trump is no Truman.

Truman had a sign on his desk, if I recall. "The Buck Stops Here". That is responsibility. Trump?

It is not hate, Bob. It is concern and patriotism that you are seeing. WE the people are witnessing the destruction of our commonly held beliefs as a union, the demolition of our freedoms and the ruination of our democracy by the very man who took an oath to serve, preserve and defend us. It is love of country that you are witnessing, Bob. Love of what we once stood for that has been annihilated by the man who came out swinging at we the people, on the very day he took office. No Bob, it is Trump who spews the hate, we the people are defending ourselves and our country.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 11-25-2018 at 03:28 AM..

Old 11-25-2018, 03:38 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,538 times
When the OP said "Dewey Wins" from the New York Times when it was actually "Dewey Defeats Truman" from the Chicago Tribune I knew this was gonna be a winner. Pretty much EVERYTHING else was his opinion. How other feel, what the consequeces of those feelings were going to be, ridiculing the responses the he did not agree with ... a very childish 80 year old to say the least. The OP reminds me of the POTUS, who I did not vote for but do not hate. Nor does any democrat I personally know. Not a single democrat I know was so bent out of shape because Hillary lost as to instantly hate Trump. In fact, I cannot find a single point he tried to make that is even worth discussing. Telling others how their emotions are going to affect them in the afternlife was the clincher. Just who the heck do you think you are to tell me or any other human what emotions we posess or what will be the affect in our afterlife? The truth is the OP has no earthly clue about the emotions of others. What he sees as hate could easily be discribed as disgust or disappointment. And afterlife? Really? Could there be anything less known about than that? It must take 80 years to get so detached from actual facts and reality. To speak of hate while spewing complete bull crap is some piece of work. I honestly feel sorry for you. Rather than inform others of their faults (as you see them) I really think you should work on that self rightious reflection in the mirror, Bob.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:06 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Then you haven't been paying attention to conservatives' reactions to Obama. They're *still* griping and complaining about him.
Yes we are. The damage he inflicted in just 8 short years was astonishing. Historians are not going to look kindly on Obama's presidency - even if today's media does.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by addakisson View Post
I'm sorry, how exactly is my very neck on the chopping block?

I sadly believe his only allegiance is to himself, his family and his brand. Not necessarily for...ahem, the people who voted for him. I think the only pockets he's interested in are his.

Dirty tricks? You mean like what McConnell pulled regarding Judge Garland?

What plot to import new Democrats?

Just look at the mans history. He was not known as a reputable businessman. Why do you think that New York didn't go red?

I don't hate him. I just don't trust him!
I sadly believe his only allegiance is to himself, his family and his brand. Not necessarily for...ahem, the people who voted for him. I think the only pockets he's interested in are his.
Trump was already rich before running for office - which kind of shoots a hole in this theory.

Dirty tricks? You mean like what McConnell pulled regarding Judge Garland?
Once again -- Biden rule - 1992. Biden told George Bush not to even think about trying to nominate someone for the Supreme Court prior to that election. You liberals keep forgetting this, and I'm going to be there to remind you every time you bring up Merrick Garland. BIDEN is responsible.

What plot to import new Democrats?
Really? Do we even have to spell this one out? 20 million illegal immigrants and more to come if you get your open borders that you want. Your goal is to make these people citizens and democratic voters.

Just look at the mans history. He was not known as a reputable businessman. Why do you think that New York didn't go red?
Hillary was NY Senator and it is one of the most liberal states in the country. Of course it didn't go red in 2016

Old 11-25-2018, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Yes we are. The damage he inflicted in just 8 short years was astonishing. Historians are not going to look kindly on Obama's presidency - even if today's media does.

OMG Opposite Day, again. In the interest of truth, could you please tell me what astonishing damage? Please base your historical list on facts. You know substantiate your allegations.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
OMG Opposite Day, again. In the interest of truth, could you please tell me what astonishing damage? Please base your historical list on facts. You know substantiate your allegations.
Too easy.. and this article even missed one of the biggies.... his health care disaster ("You like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan")

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...-time-n2254303

Old 11-25-2018, 04:27 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Dare to dream.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:31 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I think he is intentionally destroying anything that gets in the way of corporate or his business profits or that offends his ego. He is completely willing to sacrifice this country to make more money and have more power. So yes, he is intentionally destroying the country.
Your first two words "I think" help prove my point.

Your first sentence is nearly identical to your last, except you correctly preface the first sentence with "I think". The last sentence is a conclusion that you came to because you don't like what he is doing, but that has nothing to do with what constitutes his intent.

Here's an illustration....The other night I was watching Angela Rye and Steve Cortez scream at each other on Cuomo's show on CNN. Cuomo had sort of a deer caught in headlights look on his face. I have no doubt that if we were looking at a POTUS Angela Rye, that Steve Cortez would think that most of her actions/policies were destroying the country. I also have no doubt that if we were looking at a POTUS Steve Cortez (not that either Angela or Steve would ever run), that Angela Rye would think that most of his actions/policies were destroying the country. I also have no doubt that both a POTUS Angela Rye and a POTUS Steve Cortez would have the intention (how each would feel, what would be in each of their heads, what the mindset of each would be....not what anyone else thinks) of improving the country.

Trump has an exaggerated view of his own competence (to sometimes determine what an improvement would look like, and to carry out a final vision), and he doesn't have enough self awareness to realize when his ego becomes a stumbling block. But, given his limitations, neither of those points really speak to his intent.

If one looks at at the Forbes estimates, Trump's net worth has decreased by about $1.3 Billion USD since he declared his candidacy.

My understanding is his properties are a mixed bag...that The Trump International Hotel in D.C. and Mar-a-Lago are each doing okay to well, but that with his property in The Bronx, Trump International Hotel in Manhattan, Trump National in LA, and Trump Turnberry have struggled/seen a decline in business (with 'Trump Vegas', Trump Doral, etc. = ?).

He, I would assume, see benefits from his tax cut legislation, but so will other similarly situated people. Bush 43 got tax cut legislation passed, and that wasn't accompanied by this level of teeth gnashing and hand wringing.

Old 11-25-2018, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Too easy.. and this article even missed one of the biggies.... his health care disaster ("You like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan")

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...-time-n2254303

OOPs these are opinions. Not substantiated facts. Under the title of the article, (even on the partisan blog/website Town Hall in which it appears) it states: The opinions expressed by columnists are their own.

FYI to anyone interested: Townhall is an American politically conservative website, print magazine and radio news service. Previously published by the Heritage Foundation, it is now owned and operated by Salem Communications.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies