Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 07:40 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Your graph shows a 3.5 degree increase from 1920 to 1930...3.5 degree increase in only 10 years

Your 2000 to 2009....only 9 years....average...is the same as the average from 1925 to 1960..35 years......before global warming

It also shows from 1925 to 1970 a decrease in temp of 4.5 degrees...temps were decreasing when global warming had started

Also the increase from 1900 to 1930...is exactly the same as the increase from 1970 to 2003....are you saying the first one was normal..and the second one was global warming?

What caused that?

OK, let's pretend you don't see the trend in that chart. Got it.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:43 PM

131 posts, read 54,723 times
What makes you think politicians would give a damn about climate change?
Are they thinking about climate change or more money in their pockets? We have healthcare to worry about and trying to get by and retirement

Old 11-26-2018, 07:46 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Believe Trump a con man that scams New Yorkers, businesses, the country, and students his whole life or 13 environmental scientists? The 13 scientists may be wrong (highly unlikely compared to Trump's lies) but I'll take my chances and believe them over a known liar and con man.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:09 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Remember when they took climate-change information off the official website?

Funny, if Trump weren't so obstinate and dumb ... there's probably money to be made in environmentally sound policies.

It's not probably but a no-brainer that environmentally sound policies is better for our wallet, our health and our planet.

For those who deny scientific studies on climate change, what exactly do you tell your children when they ask why you don't care about this planet and their future? Huh?

Old 11-26-2018, 08:17 PM

8,146 posts, read 3,674,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Were you not able to see the post I quoted and I was replying to?....didn't read it?

I am saying that global warming does not care about a countries "per capita" or "GDP"....
Tracking CO2 emissions based on per capita or GDP is a scam...
Allowing other countries to increase their emissions based on per capita or GDP is a scam...

If CO2 causes global warming, and global warming is as dangerous as they hype it..no country would be allowed to increase putting more poisonous gas in the atmosphere...and yes, they claim people will die from global warming..and it's caused by CO2...that makes CO2 a poisonous gas

But that is exactly what the UN/IPCC has put into place....they declared the vast majority of countries as "developing".... that includes China, Russia, India...Kuwait??...over 200 countries get to increase their CO2 emissions

The UN/IPCC doesn't even believe their own science.....the vast minority of countries have to decrease...the vast majority can increase

Even if were possible for the US to drop CO2 emissions to zero...it would make no difference now...China alone, with the UN/IPCC blessings, have tripled their emissions...China's emissions are now twice the USA
...if the US dropped to zero...global emission targets would still be way too high

China is building over 200 new coal plants....more than enough to power the entire USA...they have no intentions of lowering their emissions.......
30 coal plants closed in the US in 2017....China is building 200
OK... I guess math (or the lack of understanding thereof) is the problem here. Let's try one more time

NOBODY is arguing against the fact that the total amount of CO2 matters for the global warming. But how are you going to control that? By having different requirements on people who live elsewhere vs people who live here? lol, good luck with that. Per capita (out of major countries) we produce the most or close, got it?

Don't know how many coal plants are being built but it is not a good thing. That's not the point. So yes, currently, we could say Qatar or Kuwait should produce less CO2, but we can't say EU, India, etc. should produce less, without being hypocritical.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:43 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
But who's paying the 13 scientists to say what they're saying? Everything has become politicized and weaponized. Science, business, the MSM, entertainment, sports. yada yada.
That's why we have the internet. Its a safety net to background check anything and everything we're told.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:52 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
If you don't think Trump is filling his pockets or his contacts and family pockets while in the White House, you have missed the mark by a mile. We should trust a 5th grader over Trump and his mob mentality. Ask Betsy Devos, Exxon executive and his multiple employees of Fox News in the current White House because Trump owes them. We can look overseas to Russia if we really want to dig. His daughter is making money for his company while working in the White House. You don't think they are handing out favors for pay and power left and right? That wall Trump claims to have Mexico pay for, it will be paid for by taxpayers money given to his buddies via government contracts for millions.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:38 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
On what Planet?

Mother Earths's

https://www.investors.com/politics/e...ng-media-bias/

Old 11-26-2018, 10:46 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Neither you or anyone else knows what that means. and if the govt is involved it will involve politicization, theft, incompetence and loss of individual freedoms the likes that have not been since the unpatriotic act. These are all hallmarks of govt run schemes and one wonders why an entity that cant solve one problem without creating scads of others in the process should be trusted to run "the climate"
You sound so cynical it makes me sad. It immobilizes you.

I have a cousin who had it drilled into him when he was young and handsome that all the girls were after his money, and he was never able to trust or open his heart, and now the chances for happiness have essentially bypassed him. He has become bitter, and lonely and time is running out.

You seem something like that about trust in your fellows. You are so focused on 'bad guv'ment' out to take advantage of that you can not think about the looming tragedy before us, and when you finally realize how important this is and how we all need to pull together it may just be too late to do much good.

I expect I will not live too many more years myself ... ten if I am lucky, but I have grandchildren and I am concerned for their wellbeing. The new government report (under the TRUMP administration!), the one the government dumped on a Friday behind a holiday, that one ... states clearly that global warming will be devastating for our country.

You have a choice, you are either going to help us deal with this enormous problem, or just step aside. It doesn't go away when we close our eyes.

The National Climate Assessment
The Global Change Research Act of 1990 mandates that the U.S. Global Change Research Program (USGCRP) deliver a report to Congress and the President no less than every four years that “1) integrates, evaluates, and interprets the findings of the Program…; 2) analyzes the effects of global change on the natural environment, agriculture, energy production and use, land and water resources, transportation, human health and welfare, human social systems, and biological diversity; and 3) analyzes current trends in global change, both human-induced and natural, and projects major trends for the subsequent 25 to 100 years.”

Old 11-27-2018, 05:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Many know where $$$'s are

Where ARE the $$$ , Frank ? I'll tell you where. They are in the hands of the people who are Trump's buddies, and who would be hurt financially if they had to actually act responsibly and protect the environment, instead of only thinking about lining their own pockets.

All of the experts are not the ones who will profit, they are overworked and underpaid, but simply are saying what they see and know to be true.

That is the reality of where the $$$ is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies