Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 06:53 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times

Advertisements

It only took three posts to bring race into this so called question by the OP. Thank you to those that brought up the Dems shady past which is far worse IMO for those of us that are not wealthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 06:56 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Lets see, Reagan was for gun control, he pushed the first gun control laws in California. The deficit tripled while he was president. Are you sure you there is much difference?

Old 11-27-2018, 07:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Reagan? Off the top of my head.....

A twice divorced CALIFORNIA Movie Star and Union Member.
Experience: Acting and Union Leader
Education - About on par with Sarah Palin

Major points about his POTUS.
1. Most indicted administration officials of all time (Iran-Contra and more....)
2. S&L Crisis - MAJOR Financial ruin for the country
3. Obtained the Office by treason (look it up - made deal with Iranians).
4. Financed and armed death squads in Central America that killed tens of thousands in the most brutal fashion.
5. Signed Amnesty (full) for MILLIONS of Mexican Immigrants.
6. Created Bin Laden and supported many terrorists around the world.
7. Supported Apartheid in S. Africa

The Scandal list is really too long, but we'll start with some here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan...ation_scandals

What is truly amazing about this OP and thread is the REACH that it takes to put RR up as some kind of Great Leader. He was an actor who plied his trade for CORPORATE POWERS AND THE DEEP STATE.....

Nixon was a much better President...and that's saying something.

My message to Conservatives and Republicans....you haven't had a great POTUS or even a very good one since IKE - and today you'd call IKE a leftist. Since then we've had crooks, dummies, con men and the like. You could reach and say Daddy Bush was "decent" in the office, but that's about as far as you can go.

I know - it's a sad legacy. But you have to face historical facts if you want to have a decent discussion. I challenge any of you to tell us how those things listed above make for a good POTUS.

Last edited by craigiri; 11-27-2018 at 07:32 PM..

Old 11-27-2018, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Then the Democrats nominated a former president's wife who would still be a nobody lawyer in the middle of Deliverance, Arkansas had she not married the otherwise losing candidate who just happened to be lucky enough to run when Ross Perot split the Republican vote. Now, like Herpes, we can't seem to get rid of these people.
I know you have derangement syndrome, but I am certain Hillary scored very high on the LSATs. Far from a "nothing lawyer" - the school she attended turns out the top in the world...and got in on her own merits.
Wellsley and Yale are nothing to sneeze at.

Like - we are talking an almost infinite number of times smarter than a Ronald Reagan who knew ZERO about anything to do with law, government or the issues.

Maybe instead of just ranting, you should do some reading.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton

But let's not throw this off track. When "conservatives" have to reach for a Hollywood Dummy - a CALIFORNIAN Union man, and call him the "greatest"......wow, that shows a pretty poor team. You have to reach.

I certainly wouldn't want RR running my business or being my legal council. I'd only hire him to...well...ACT.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:27 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I know you have derangement syndrome, but I am certain Hillary scored very high on the LSATs. Far from a "nothing lawyer" - the school she attended turns out the top in the world...and got in on her own merits.
Wellsley and Yale are nothing to sneeze at.

Like - we are talking an almost infinite number of times smarter than a Ronald Reagan who knew ZERO about anything to do with law, government or the issues.

Maybe instead of just ranting, you should do some reading.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Clinton

But let's not throw this off track. When "conservatives" have to reach for a Hollywood Dummy - a CALIFORNIAN Union man, and call him the "greatest"......wow, that shows a pretty poor team. You have to reach.

I certainly wouldn't want RR running my business or being my legal council. I'd only hire him to...well...ACT.
Im sure Bernie Sanders did as well, but the guy couldn't manage to pay his power bill on time before public office. Hillary was so awesome that she spent twice what a loser like Trump did and still managed to lose.
IQ and SAT scores dont seem to be a guarantee for success.

Reagan did 1 great thing. He made it ok to be proud to be American. After the Vietnam war and Carter's great give away presidency, we needed a Reagan. To be sure he could have been better, but why did he win? He Crushed Carter and crushed Mondale in what was the most lopsided victory in history. Why? Because the Democrats backed a lame horse.

Trump beat Hillary for the same reason. Hillary really was that bad. her message even worse.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:31 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Im sure Bernie Sanders did as well, but the guy couldn't manage to pay his power bill on time before public office. Hillary was so awesome that she spent twice what a loser like Trump did and still managed to lose.
IQ and SAT scores dont seem to be a guarantee for success.

Reagan did 1 great thing. He made it ok to be proud to be American. After the Vietnam war and Carter's great give away presidency, we needed a Reagan. To be sure he could have been better, but why did he win? He Crushed Carter and crushed Mondale in what was the most lopsided victory in history. Why? Because the Democrats backed a lame horse.

Trump beat Hillary for the same reason. Hillary really was that bad. her message even worse.
Carter was a lousy president. But Reagan beat him by illegally negotiating with Iran, while he was a candidate.

Old 11-27-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Reagan did 1 great thing. He made it ok to be proud to be American. After the Vietnam war and Carter's great give away presidency, we needed a Reagan.
Ah, so all those dead people and crimes and the millions of Mexicans given amnesty....all that is fine and dandy because he did some Acting with a Flag Waving behind him???

Remember....the Thread sorta makes the point that Republicans really had something great with RR. History shows otherwise.

If we are to look up to someone or even call them decent, they can't have the record of RR.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:15 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Reagan had the toughest job of all to beat stagflation. He did it. Yes, it required stopping wage push inflation.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:02 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Unless his parents were born in 1870-1900, this is one of the dumbest statements I have seen here in quite a while.
I guess sarcasm isn't quite obvious to someone with the user title "Captain Obvious."

Old 11-28-2018, 07:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Reagan? Off the top of my head.....

A twice divorced CALIFORNIA Movie Star and Union Member.
Experience: Acting and Union Leader
Education - About on par with Sarah Palin

Major points about his POTUS.
1. Most indicted administration officials of all time (Iran-Contra and more....)
2. S&L Crisis - MAJOR Financial ruin for the country
3. Obtained the Office by treason (look it up - made deal with Iranians).
4. Financed and armed death squads in Central America that killed tens of thousands in the most brutal fashion.
5. Signed Amnesty (full) for MILLIONS of Mexican Immigrants.
6. Created Bin Laden and supported many terrorists around the world.
7. Supported Apartheid in S. Africa

The Scandal list is really too long, but we'll start with some here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan...ation_scandals

What is truly amazing about this OP and thread is the REACH that it takes to put RR up as some kind of Great Leader. He was an actor who plied his trade for CORPORATE POWERS AND THE DEEP STATE.....

Nixon was a much better President...and that's saying something.

My message to Conservatives and Republicans....you haven't had a great POTUS or even a very good one since IKE - and today you'd call IKE a leftist. Since then we've had crooks, dummies, con men and the like. You could reach and say Daddy Bush was "decent" in the office, but that's about as far as you can go.

I know - it's a sad legacy. But you have to face historical facts if you want to have a decent discussion. I challenge any of you to tell us how those things listed above make for a good POTUS.
This is a very important point.
Reagan really made a name for himself as an informant during the McCarthy era.
After that episode, none of the rest should have been a surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies