Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 12:00 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yet, the msm rarely mentions this. Women (adults) victims take precedence. Ladies, give up the spotlight just once. Its all about politics and you ahould know it.
Huh? As a woman and a mother, I'm very aware of the potential for abuse of children. One can be concerned about both issues. Part of the reason I chose to be a SAHM and to spend the last twenty years as a school and Scout volunteer was to ensure the safety of both my own children and their peers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 12:03 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Huh? As a woman and a mother, I'm very aware of the potential for abuse of children. One can be concerned about both issues.
Again, notice the next 10 times you hear a tv/media segment/discussion on abuse, the vics will be women. Why not have a few segments on the proportions of child abuae and how to recognize abused children.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Again, notice the next 10 times you hear a segment on abuse the vics will be women.
So? One of my own elder family members was abused as a child, so when I had my own children, I thought long and hard about how I could protect them. I chose to be a SAHM and to volunteer at their schools and with any organizations of which my children were members. I did that to ensure their safety and that of their peers.

What exactly are you hoping to achieve with this thread? I'm not in the spotlight, so I don't have one to turn over, and, frankly, any sort of abuse of men, women, or children is unacceptable. Even so, I'm not sure what you want me to do, since I'm not in charge of what leads at msn, cnn, fox, or any other news organization.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:14 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Again, notice the next 10 times you hear a tv/media segment/discussion on abuse, the vics will be women. Why not have a few segments on the proportions of child abuae and how to recognize abused children.
Do something about it, then. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper, or join an organization that promotes awareness. What do you think this thread is accomplishing, other than accusing people of ignoring one problem in favor of another?

Old 11-27-2018, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
So? One of my own elder family members was abused as a child, so when I had my own children, I thought long and hard about how I could protect them. I chose to be a SAHM and to volunteer at their schools and with any organizations of which our children were members. I did that to ensure my own kids' safety and that of their peers. I'm not in the spotlight, so I don't have one to turn over, and I'm not in charge of what leads at msn, cnn, fox, or any other news organization.
You did good Im just bringing attention to a matter that seems overshadowed by the medias fixation with women vics. I know most of you ladies cant “return the spotlightâ€

Old 11-27-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Do something about it, then. Write a letter to the editor of your local paper, or join an organization that promotes awareness. What do you think this thread is accomplishing, other than accusing people of ignoring one problem in favor of another?
Just be aware that you are being used in a game of identity politics

Old 11-27-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Just be aware that you are being used in a game of identity politics
You are assuming a lot. Other than the fact that I am a liberal and a woman, you really know nothing at all about me, my life, my activities, or how I form my opinions.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I have some issues with the way the OP has approached this topic, but your comment is disgusting. Are you really calling abused children "weak" and "freaks?" Of course they are vulnerable - vulnerability is practically the definition of childhood - but that means they should be protected, not ridiculed by idiot "alpha-male" wannabes.
The weakest and most vulnerable will always be abused and even killed, as designed by Mother Nature to keep the species strong. It is a fight for resources in the end.
The solution is don't raise the weak & freaks. Not, yell at me, because the truth hurt your feelings.

Last edited by BentBow; 11-27-2018 at 12:49 PM..

Old 11-27-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The weakest and most vulnerable will always be abused and even killed, as designed by Mother Nature to keep the species strong. It is a fight for resources in the end.
The solution is not to raise weak & freaks. Not, yell at me, because the truth hurt your feelings.
I'm not yelling, and you haven't hurt my feelings at all. I would have to care about you for that to happen. I do think your logic is pretty warped, though, as all children are vulnerable, at least when very young. Abusing and killing them to keep the species strong would eventually lead to the end of the species.

Old 11-27-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The solution is not to raise weak & freaks. Not, yell at me, because the truth hurt your feelings.
I take exception to your comment. The person in my life who was abused as a child was not weak or a freak. She was the victim of a violent, alcoholic mother who struggled with mental illness. She survived because she was strong, smart, and resilient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies