Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 07:26 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And idiot Trump seems to think that the government should get to tell GM to still keep making products that no one wants to buy because it's convenient for his agenda.

he's a double idiot anyway, because the subsidies GM passes on to consumers are already being phased out next year anyway - so what's he going to do?

And even if he could cut subsidies that would hurt GM, that would just worsen fiscal situation for them and lead them to fire even more people.

It's clear Trump doesn't know what the hell he is doing here.
I think it is fair to argue that Trump doesn't know what the Hell he is doing with a lot of things judging on his actions in the first two years of his at best four years as President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 08:26 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm a Democrat and I disagree. There is dignity in all work including assembly lines AND flipping burgers that conservatives love to make fun of.

Manufacturing jobs helped create and maintain the middle class. Now - we are losing all that; towns are dying; people are turning to drugs like Meth and Heroin to dull the pain and I see no end in sight.

More jobs at Wal-Mart and McDonalds I guess.
Think again. Computers are taking over those too. Droid burger cookers, auto checkout. Home Depot now needs just one cashier to monitor 6 self checks. Inventory is also automated.

Time to rethink what job to look for.

Fitness Trainer. ...
Occupational Therapist Assistant. ...
Personal Financial Advisor. ...
Computer Software Engineer. ...
Registered Nurse. ...
Pharmacy Technician. ...
Biomedical Engineer. ...
Market Research Analyst

There will always be a need for physical manual labor though.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Think again. Computers are taking over those too. Droid burger cookers, auto checkout. Home Depot now needs just one cashier to monitor 6 self checks. Inventory is also automated.

Fitness Trainer. ...
Registered Nurse. ...
Pharmacy Technician. ...
Biomedical Engineer. ...
Market Research Analyst

Fitness trainers don't make that much money - even the great ones. Neither do Pharmacy Techs.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:09 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Fitness trainers don't make that much money - even the great ones. Neither do Pharmacy Techs.
compared to fast food they do.

Old 11-29-2018, 09:28 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

Fitness Trainer. ...
Registered Nurse. ...
Pharmacy Technician. ...
Biomedical Engineer. ...
Market Research Analyst

Does Trump know this?

Old 11-29-2018, 11:38 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Now Volvo has put off the new hires indefinitely - that was the 5300 that was planned.

Ford is reducing shifts in Kentucky and Michigan, though they are trying to move them to other plants.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-29-2018, 12:43 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Now Volvo has put off the new hires indefinitely - that was the 5300 that was planned.

Ford is reducing shifts in Kentucky and Michigan, though they are trying to move them to other plants.
This puts some more of the issue into perspective. Maybe the auto industry shouldn't be facing tariffs since a lot of car parts are imported whether we talk domestic or foreign auto makers.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:15 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
I think $100k+ is pretty good money, especially when a good chunk of it is cash.

Old 11-29-2018, 03:32 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I think $100k+ is pretty good money, especially when a good chunk of it is cash.
Where I live - ain't no fitness trainer pulling down that kind of cash.

One of my good friends is one and she has a huge clientele plus works with high school soccer teams; teaches a phys ed class at college and she doesn't make 100K.

Old 11-29-2018, 04:52 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
Where I live - ain't no fitness trainer pulling down that kind of cash.

One of my good friends is one and she has a huge clientele plus works with high school soccer teams; teaches a phys ed class at college and she doesn't make 100K.
$60/hr is a very reasonable rate for a personal trainer.

$60 x 35 hrs = $2100/week

$2100 x 50 weeks = $105,000

Now factor in that this only figures 35hrs, a 2 week vacation, plus plenty of trainers charge way more than that, up to $100/hr even.

$100K+ / year for a trainer is by no means a stretch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies