Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 08:02 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

If this isn't the correct topic to place in here please feel free to move.

Driving....has become dangerous, due to all the people that feel so entitled that laws do not apply to them.

They're nuts...driving way past the speed limits....running stop signs and red lights...TAILGATING....

A speed limit is there for a reason...drive sensibly....why is it, in snow storms people think and believe they can drive 55 MPH in that stuff....?
Even worse, why do the county police officers, news stations have to warn people to slow down? I mean are human beings brain dead and just plain stupid?
Seems that way to me....and if you come into this thread with an attitude, towards me or the thread, it proves you are guilty of speeding, driving distracted or recklessly....
the stuff I've seen people do while on the road, speeding thru bus stops....my God...are you insane?
I don't wish anything bad on anyone, but what does it take to promote good safe drivers out there....do you honestly think and believe if you tail gate someone they're going to drive faster?

I really wish there were more police out there patrolling the highways, that's why people pull these stunts...if everyone would just slow down and drive safely, without a phone in their hands, and stop at red lights following the traffic signs, all would be well.

But there is always that one smart arse that thinks his time is so much more important than a life.

How do you think we could do better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 08:09 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Some people have a "me me me" attitude when driving. Little anecdote:

I was driving the E35 between Milan to Rome not too long ago. I was in the left lane, the fast lane (it's a two lane road on each side). A truck was passing another truck and another car was behind me. When the truck finally finished passing, and went to the right lane, I began speeding up 100kph, 120kph, 140kph only to see that person so close I couldn't see her headlights.

So out of amusement I decided to conduct an experiment, I would go as fast as possible to see what would happen. I got up to 220kph (for Americans, this is almost 140mph) before she began sending me hand gestures and tried to overtake me by going into the right lane, only problem was her car could not go much faster - she realized how fast she was going, and immediately slowed down.

Her only issue was I was in front of her, and in her insane rage trying to get me to go right, she pushed her car to a speed it simply couldn't go.

People

Old 11-28-2018, 08:28 AM

Even watching the news stations, you know when it's snowing and they put a camera in their car on their way to work and tape it....I've seen people say to them, "Your driving way to fast for conditions". But they don't care. We have so many pile ups on the interstates here, b/c first, its snow and ice, second, they are driving too fast for conditions and 3rd, they are driving way to close to the car in front of them.....

Crazy people! And this is why laws are needed to be enforced, otherwise you have chaos...

Old 11-28-2018, 08:31 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Trumps fault, just wanted to be the first to say it.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:43 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Ha! Trumps fault.... What politician hasn't told us about our crumbling infrastructure? Maybe if they let it crumble a bit more people will slow down on the rough roads out of fear of losing their cars into a pot hole?

Cars are too easy to drive and too easy to drive fast now a days. People get all snug in their rolling living rooms with climate control, heated/cooled seats, warning systems to prevent crashes and brakes that apply themselves when danger is imminent. People get tunnel vision wrapped up in the car cocoon when driving and forget that they are supposed to share the road.

The cars of today are smarter but the drivers not so much.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Some people have a "me me me" attitude when driving. Little anecdote:

I was driving the E35 between Milan to Rome not too long ago. I was in the left lane, the fast lane (it's a two lane road on each side). A truck was passing another truck and another car was behind me. When the truck finally finished passing, and went to the right lane, I began speeding up 100kph, 120kph, 140kph only to see that person so close I couldn't see her headlights.

So out of amusement I decided to conduct an experiment, I would go as fast as possible to see what would happen. I got up to 220kph (for Americans, this is almost 140mph) before she began sending me hand gestures and tried to overtake me by going into the right lane, only problem was her car could not go much faster - she realized how fast she was going, and immediately slowed down.

Her only issue was I was in front of her, and in her insane rage trying to get me to go right, she pushed her car to a speed it simply couldn't go.

People
So in order to prove a stupid point and for your own "amusement" you decided to put your life and the lives of others on the road at risk?

People.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
LOL, theres always one...or two or three.....

Old 11-28-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Ha! Trumps fault.... What politician hasn't told us about our crumbling infrastructure? Maybe if they let it crumble a bit more people will slow down on the rough roads out of fear of losing their cars into a pot hole?

Cars are too easy to drive and too easy to drive fast now a days. People get all snug in their rolling living rooms with climate control, heated/cooled seats, warning systems to prevent crashes and brakes that apply themselves when danger is imminent. People get tunnel vision wrapped up in the car cocoon when driving and forget that they are supposed to share the road.

sorry, I replied to the wrong thread....lol

my son who is an officer, says, when people get in their cars anymore, they change...something happens and they become these mean speeding demons.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:49 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
So in order to prove a stupid point and for your own "amusement" you decided to put your life and the lives of others on the road at risk?

People.
Yes people we're all very imperfect.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:31 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

the problem though is that this has been going on for a long time, since before i was born in 1958. cars get faster and better handling each year, but the people driving those cars have not changed.

it seems to me that people shut down their brains when they get behind the wheel of an automobile, and do what they want regardless of the laws or traffic conditions. they think because they have not hit something in a long time, or gotten a ticket in a long time, they are somehow good drivers.

and the manufacturers dont help either what with making cars that stop for themselves, tell the driver that they are wandering out of their lane, etc. people let the car think for them, instead of doing it themselves.

personally i dont need things like traction control, ABS braking, and other electronic nannies, because i do something unusual in this day in age, i concentrate on my driving, an di pay attention to what is going on around me. i dont want some idiot customizing my car with theirs because they wanted to occupy the same space i am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies