Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 07:26 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times

Advertisements

Jews live peacefully in Iran in that they aren't being physically attacked, etc., for their faith. But Iranian Jews lack fundamental freedoms/employment opportunities that are given to Iranian Muslims; its not all peaches and cream. Still, I am not advocating bombing Iran.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:28 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Jews live peacefully in Iran in that they aren't being physically attacked, etc., for their faith. But Iranian Jews lack fundamental freedoms/employment opportunities that are given to Iranian Muslims; its not all peaches and cream. Still, I am not advocating bombing Iran.
like what exactly?

Jews I know in Tehran are very successful.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:29 PM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/de...-feels-at-home

Now tell me why Iran is the center of evil and should be bombed? Iran is the cradle of civilization, people who want to bomb it must learn America/Saudi Arabia is the source of global evil.

I think you are a bit incoherent and scattered.

#1 Whether or not Iran is tolerant of minorities today shouldn't necessarily have any bearing on how you feel about their nuclear program and other governmental policies.

#2 Is it not possible that both Iran and Saudi Arabia do bad things in international relations (as well as other countries) at the same time?

#3 Aren't you using strawman arguments "center of evil and should be bombed?"

I don't want to bomb Iran.

However, they are not a hotbed of tolerance. Their officials openly put down Jews, talk of Jewish conspiracies to control things reminiscent of Mein Kampf, deny the Holocaust, etc....

Many Jews have fled Iran - why if it is so wonderful to them?

Iran executes people for being gay and their former leader denied Iran even had the "problem of gay people" when asked if Iran abuses gay people.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ir...sshairs-415163

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ir...reveals-410346

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uality-charges

NPR had a story a few years ago about how tolerant Iran was as long as you don't show you are Jewish on the outside. What a joke. It is always sad to see so many liberals claim that NPR is unbiased. NPR will (correctly) bash a Mississippi town for blocking a gay bar from being constructed as backward bigots and then pretend Iran is tolerant.

Do the NPR challenge...in the native language of each location...where a T-shirt that says "I am a proud gay Jew" in both Biloxi, Mississippi and Tehran, Iran on busy sidewalks...see which one is more bigoted.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Iran is a State.
Israel is a State.
The United States is a State.

Any morally and logically consistent person wants all 3 to fall and recognizes the oppression they inflict upon the world.
I meant Iran as a cultural and geographic region and historical people.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:33 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And Saudi as well I presume.
Saudis buy NYC apartments, do Iranians?

Old 11-28-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I think you are a bit incoherent and scattered.

#1 Whether or not Iran is tolerant of minorities today shouldn't have any bearing on how you feel about their nuclear program and other governmental policies.

#2 Is it not possible that both Iran and Saudi Arabia do bad things in international relations (as well as other countries) at the same time?

#3 Aren't you using strawman arguments "center of evil and should be bombed?"

I don't want to bomb Iran.

However, they are not a hotbed of tolerance. Their officials openly put down Jews, talk of Jewish conspiracies to control things reminiscent of Mein Kampf, deny the Holocaust, etc....

Many Jews have fled Iran - why if it is so wonderful to them?

Iran executes people for being gay and their former leader denied Iran even had the "problem of gay people" when asked if Iran abuses gay people.

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ir...sshairs-415163

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Ir...reveals-410346

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uality-charges

NPR had a story a few years ago about how tolerant Iran was as long as you don't show you are Jewish on the outside. What a joke. It is always sad to see so many liberals claim that NPR is unbiased. NPR will (correctly) bash a Mississippi town for blocking a gay bar from being constructed as backward bigots and then pretend Iran is tolerant.

Do the NPR challenge...in the native language of each location...where a T-shirt that says "I am a proud gay Jew" in both Biloxi, Mississippi and Tehran, Iran on busy sidewalks...see which one is more bigoted.

1. Israel has a nuclear program, so does the US. Two of the three have shown of propensity to bomb and invade other countries, and It's not Iran

2. Sure

3. I'm not, that is the excuse Americans use

4. BS, the majority of Iranians don't resort to such rhetoric, and anti-Israel sentiment is purely political

5. Yeah, after the revolution, not anymore. Did you watch my video?

6. Same with America, we execute criminals all the time

7. NPR hates Iran and spreads anti-Iran propaganda. They love war.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Saudis buy NYC apartments, do Iranians?
Some, but they tend to be the pro-shah types.

Meaning people who the US government benefits from using as propaganda tools.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:35 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I meant Iran as a cultural and geographic region and historical people.
Fair enough.

I'm down with anyone who respects non-aggression.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:49 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
The nomadic "Aryan" tribe gave their name to "Iran". So, "Aryan Jew" would seem like an oxymoron in today's parlance.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:14 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,258,911 times
Forget jews. Do Muslims live peacefully in Iran? This woman has never been heard from again for the crime of, gasp, removing her headscarf. I don't need NPR to tell me how wonderful life is over there.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies