Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 07:45 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Could it have anything to do with the cheaper labor and steel available there? Nah, it must be to punish Trump voters
Pay the tariff to import them!
BMW announced new factory to be built in North Carolina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 07:47 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
She spent billions on emotional stress relief, in the remodel of both GM headquarters.
She has brought the SJW moniker, to the atmosphere at GM.
She embarrassed Trump earlier this week, so you've created a new thread to attack her. Gotcha.

By the way, BentBow. You didn't respond to my post in the other thread yesterday. You and I had agreed on a friendly wager to log out of City-Data for a month, depending on whether or not John Brennan is indicted within six months of the midterms. I was going to bump the thread to remind you, but it was closed by admin. Are we still on for that wager? Or would you like to back out?

Old 11-29-2018, 07:50 AM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Doubtful that whether a man or woman is in charge would matter on GM failing.
Why would her gender be called into question?
I suspect it is not because a woman couldn't do the job successfully as a CEO, but because she might have been hired to promote diversity more than being the best candidate for that job. There is a big difference between a person groomed and prepared to be a CEO of a major company, vs. one chosen for other unimportant reasons (i.e. diversity).

I read recently (not sure how accurate the story was) that CA is considering some type of law that mandates a certain percentage of women in top positions in corporations based in CA, maybe even a quota type system.
These are the social engineering type of things liberals love to do, despite the negative consequences. Worse, these are discriminatory programs instituted under the guise of stopping discrimination.

`

Old 11-29-2018, 07:54 AM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
She embarrassed Trump earlier this week, so you've created a new thread to attack her. Gotcha.

By the way, BentBow. You didn't respond to my post in the other thread yesterday. You and I had agreed on a friendly wager to log out of City-Data for a month, depending on whether or not John Brennan is indicted within six months of the midterms. I was going to bump the thread to remind you, but it was closed by admin. Are we still on for that wager? Or would you like to back out?
A quick question prompted by your assumption the BB is just defending Trump.

If you had the ability to sabotage the economy for the next two years to increase the chances Trump would not get re-elected, would you do it ?

`

Old 11-29-2018, 07:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAmerica View Post
Simple. Obama was President,Barra was a HUGE money giver to democrat candidates AND was on the Clinton short list for VP. Funny how 2 factories in Michigan and 1 in Ohio are closing yet NONE overseas or in Mexico are closing.....2 states Trump won get factories closed....HMMMMM. I read last night a UAW source is saying she was asked by Obama and Clinton and other big time Democrats to do this. Guarantee she will get her bonus!
Explain this then:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/general...tory-1.4192810

Not democrat nor republican voters and certainly didn't play any part in getting Trump elected with all of his stupid Canada bashing so how does that fit into your silly conspiracy scenario.

A UAW source is less credible than Brietbart.

C'mon people, it's not always about your stupid "Monty Python's knock off of Game of Thrones" you folks call politics.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:06 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAmerica View Post
Simple. Obama was President,Barra was a HUGE money giver to democrat candidates AND was on the Clinton short list for VP. Funny how 2 factories in Michigan and 1 in Ohio are closing yet NONE overseas or in Mexico are closing.....2 states Trump won get factories closed....HMMMMM. I read last night a UAW source is saying she was asked by Obama and Clinton and other big time Democrats to do this. Guarantee she will get her bonus!

Belief in conspiracy theories can satisfy important psychological needs for some people. What are your reasons for peddling new nonsense? What inadequacies are you trying to address? Who is your source and have you asked yourself why this particular nonsensical theory is being seeded: 2 birds with one stone for Donald Trump to blame?

Real people get hurt by lies. I think we are seeing an entire country being hurt by these lies and conspiracy theories. It is tragic, really.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:08 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,307,609 times
Bottom line: GM has been making crap cars that no one wants for years, hence the earlier bailout and this most recent move.

I live an hour from Detroit. Most people here buy and drive domestic vehicles because many of them are tied to them via employment. The streets here are flooded with Ford Fusions but you almost never see a Buick Lacrosse or Chevrolet Impala or Cruze. Forget the Cadillac sedans, if people are going to spend $60,000+ on a sedan they want a BMW, Lexus, or Mercedes.

It's a simple case of supply exceeds demand. Make something that people want and things like this don't have to happen.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:33 AM

29,469 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
She spent billions on emotional stress relief, in the remodel of both GM headquarters.
She has brought the SJW moniker, to the atmosphere at GM.

Pretty spot on. The remodel (which isn't completed yet) is a joke and not very welcomed. Prior to starting it there were many polls asking people what they thought of it. The majority did not want it... yet they did it anyways.

And yes the SJW mantra is very strong there.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:59 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Barra is a GM lifer, not a hired gun.

What's your point, OP? That a male CEO wouldn't have brought the company to the point it's at now? Who was CEO when GM declared bankruptcy and closed a dozen plants in the U.S.?

Old 11-29-2018, 09:15 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

You didn't respond to my post in the other thread yesterday.

Why lie.
You didn't look hard enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies