Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 11:39 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
But you just made it about me, instead of what I posted. Your first mistake, the logical fallacy of starting with "everyone".

Want to try again?
Might be best to avoid encouraging those who lean toward insult instead of an intelligent exchange of opinion. Just a suggestion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You all do it. But you are the one who referenced hate this time.

Who tells you that people opposed to Trump "hate" Trump?

Rush?

Glenn?

There has to be some reason you all come up with the same cultish excuse for why people don't like your lecherous con man adulterous Dear Leader. So what is it?
Human nature.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Might be best to avoid encouraging those who lean toward insult instead of an intelligent exchange of opinion. Just a suggestion!
OK, go read the actual report that it was based on.
  • Only 13 institutions (schools) recorded a decline
  • Declines occurred only in non-advanced degree positions
  • Most of the declines were in small programs.
i.e. It had nothing to do with Trump as hard as Forbes tried to suggest otherwise.

Forbes and the author of that piece simply said this comes at a time that Trump is cracking down on immigration. Well..... he is.... Illegal Immigration.

Those are the facts. Read my original post in this topic.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:58 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
https://www.theepochtimes.com/trumps...s_2692149.html

Old 11-29-2018, 11:59 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Hmmm....

NASA just successfully landed it's 8th vehicle on the planet Mars.
(barely given a mention in the MSM) This after being gutted by Obama for 8 years.

No other country, not Russia, not the former USSR, not any country in the EU, not China, not Japan has accomplished even a single landing.

This speaks for itself where American stands in physics, science & engineering.

(It's clear that the author of the hit piece, simply created a premise, then cherry picked some stats to "prove" it.)

(The rest of this, of course, since the OP asked, is simply going to be the usual "I Hate Trump" circle jerk that takes place here each day.)
Actually no it doesn't. Space travel is a just as much about money as science. America ranks 17th out of 40 developed countries in educational performance. And Betsy deVos' ineptitude certainly doesn't help matters any. https://rankingamerica.wordpress.com...ory/education/

Old 11-29-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
OK, go read the actual report that it was based on.
  • Only 13 institutions (schools) recorded a decline
  • Declines occurred only in non-advanced degree positions
  • Most of the declines were in small programs.
i.e. It had nothing to do with Trump as hard as Forbes tried to suggest otherwise.

Forbes and the author of that piece simply said this comes at a time that Trump is cracking down on immigration. Well..... he is.... Illegal Immigration.

Those are the facts. Read my original post in this topic.
I've got to sign off now, and as I do I should make clear this one article I started this thread with was only supposed to be a starter example of FACTS we can consider. The article also includes this statement. "The reasons for this decline are not yet determined, of course." At ease!

The article also includes this quote...

"Physics students want to come to the United States from all over the world because they know their educational and career opportunities here will be extraordinary. Our country's research, technology, and economy have been enormously strengthened by a positive attitude towards such immigration of students. We should continue to be a welcoming place, and to embrace open and global mobility for people."

This sound like the message Trump has been sending to the rest of the world about America lately?

PS and/or also just FYI, the number of people employed at NASA is about 18,000. Not exactly why people interested in science from other countries come to America all considered, not even a factor for the great majority anyway.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:19 PM

Now as Trump has had time to actually make an impact, and we can see some of those effects (rather than credit Trump with all manner of success not of his doing), there are other warning signs that beg the question, what is happening and/or what is Trump doing? Again, for better or worse all considered?

Rising U.S. Jobless Claims Are Starting to Worry Some Economists

Meanwhile, Michael Gapen of Barclays Plc said in a note that the rise in claims is “consistent with the recent increase in financial market stress and the ebbing in fiscal stimulus.” He said it may also be linked to stresses in areas such as California, New York and the industrial Midwest -- places with strong trade ties to China -- that are feeling the “effect of protectionism, actual or expected.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

Perhaps just a yellow flag, but given a growing domestic and international economy as Trump took office, significant tax cuts for corporate America and all the rest..., why are we seeing any bump in unemployment rates. We still have a lower unemployment rate than we've had in a long while, but why too no real growth in wages for average Americans?

What is happening and why?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:23 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,302,964 times
Still waiting on:

the Wall
bring business back to America by eliminating foreign outsourcing

Old 11-29-2018, 03:11 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
I am looking forward to the day I see Donald Trump in handcuffs. Trump has lied to Americans, he has promised the good life, and delivered nothing. However he has made himself and other elitists much richer at the expense of working folks.

Trump's rating now 38%. I find it hard to understand why it is that high. Trump's tariffs are killing the US. Retail prices aren't just rising, they are skyrocketing. Ford and GM now reporting losses in the billions because of Trump's tariffs. Grocery prices soaring. The housing market is on it's way to the cellar. Jobs, oh yea, like Walmart for instance. Plenty of work, 28 hours a week, $11, and no medical or other benefits. GM plants closing that will also crash businesses that support them. Since Trump has been in office the national debt has increased by a trillion dollars with a projected estimate of five trillion dollars for Trump's term in office. The only ones making money are the top 10%. I believe it is safe to predict that Trump will go after Social Security and Medicare just has he has Medicaid.
Of course Trump can always take the US to war. Let's see, what country has something the US and/allies, like Saudi Arabia wants. Iran, lots of oil there. Won't it be great to see superior US air power blow up women and children on FOX? That would be so much more exciting that seeing women and children blasted with tear gas and rubber bullets.

This video clearly shows the insanity or dementia of Trump. Save the US, impeach Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMIrU1MIMME

Old 11-30-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I am looking forward to the day I see Donald Trump in handcuffs. Trump has lied to Americans, he has promised the good life, and delivered nothing. However he has made himself and other elitists much richer at the expense of working folks.

Trump's rating now 38%. I find it hard to understand why it is that high. Trump's tariffs are killing the US. Retail prices aren't just rising, they are skyrocketing. Ford and GM now reporting losses in the billions because of Trump's tariffs. Grocery prices soaring. The housing market is on it's way to the cellar. Jobs, oh yea, like Walmart for instance. Plenty of work, 28 hours a week, $11, and no medical or other benefits. GM plants closing that will also crash businesses that support them. Since Trump has been in office the national debt has increased by a trillion dollars with a projected estimate of five trillion dollars for Trump's term in office. The only ones making money are the top 10%. I believe it is safe to predict that Trump will go after Social Security and Medicare just has he has Medicaid.
Of course Trump can always take the US to war. Let's see, what country has something the US and/allies, like Saudi Arabia wants. Iran, lots of oil there. Won't it be great to see superior US air power blow up women and children on FOX? That would be so much more exciting that seeing women and children blasted with tear gas and rubber bullets.

This video clearly shows the insanity or dementia of Trump. Save the US, impeach Trump.
All concerning, no doubt, and hopefully we're not headed back toward anything like the Great Recession when we could be doing so much better without Trump's "help." Why the 38% approval rating is hard to understand until you begin reading all the reasons Trump supporters love Trump. Too many people who gravitate toward the Trump types and all he represents and/or misrepresents. Under the catch-all motto of making America great again, for anyone to choose what that means most dearly to them, regardless what actually comes of Trump's time in office. May it be no longer than one term if that long.

Or where are all the comments and examples of what Trump is ACTUALLY doing for America in tangible quantifiable ways that might help us feel otherwise? Something better than more deficit spending for NASA for example...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies