Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is more corrupt?
Donald J. Trump 134 51.94%
Richard M. Nixon 124 48.06%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 10:16 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,031,163 times

Advertisements

Trump has already far surpassed Nixxon in the corruption department. And what we know about Trump's corruption at this point in time is only the tip of the iceberg.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:50 AM

9,437 posts, read 10,717,276 times
Anyone who knows anything about Nixon knows this is no contest. Nixon wins by a huge margin, EVEN if we did add Clinton to the poll who was very corrupt. LBJ was also very corrupt.

People may not like Trump but even after exhausting levels of investigations the only things they can find are minor in comparison to the threats, bribes and corrupt behavior of Richard Nixon. Modern political hatred clouds peoples judgement on this issue

Old 12-01-2018, 11:58 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,981,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Anyone who knows anything about Nixon knows this is no contest. Nixon wins by a huge margin, EVEN if we did add Clinton to the poll who was very corrupt. LBJ was also very corrupt.

People may not like Trump but even after exhausting levels of investigations the only things they can find are minor in comparison to the threats, bribes and corrupt behavior of Richard Nixon. Modern political hatred clouds peoples judgement on this issue
Pretty much. they are too young to have experienced it. Just living in the here and now.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:27 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,581,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Pretty much. they are too young to have experienced it. Just living in the here and now.
I was there for most all of it - a big young for LBJ, but for certain he has some of the largest accomplishments in history and no indictments or investigations of any real note I remember.

If you can detail how Nixon feathered his own nest and that of his family and friends for 100's of millions of dollars, I am all ears. Also, how many people were indicted, pled, or otherwise resigned in shame?

scroll down to the chart in terms of the indictments....per year.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nd-whitewater/

See the bigger bubble? I don't remember Watergate having anything to do with foreign influence ....perhaps you can remind us?

The last thing I remember of this level was when the US Executed the Rosenbergs for Russia Collusion.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...bergs-executed

Old 12-01-2018, 01:31 PM

4,141 posts, read 3,870,682 times
What is unique here is his own party would like to see him out of there. Then again Trump really is not a democrat or republican, more of a populist.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:57 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,031,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I was there for most all of it - a big young for LBJ, but for certain he has some of the largest accomplishments in history and no indictments or investigations of any real note I remember.

If you can detail how Nixon feathered his own nest and that of his family and friends for 100's of millions of dollars, I am all ears. Also, how many people were indicted, pled, or otherwise resigned in shame?

scroll down to the chart in terms of the indictments....per year.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nd-whitewater/

See the bigger bubble? I don't remember Watergate having anything to do with foreign influence ....perhaps you can remind us?

The last thing I remember of this level was when the US Executed the Rosenbergs for Russia Collusion.
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...bergs-executed
Good post. I agree with your assessment and I was there. I protested the war in Vietnam in the streets of DC. Followed the Watergate hearings every day. Watched on live TV as Nixxon climbed into the helicopter on the South Lawn, turned around and flashed his ridiculous double V sign one last time, and flew off into the sunset. Good riddance. But when it comes to personal ethics, morality, honesty, decency, etc., Trump makes Nixxon look like a choir boy.

Old 12-01-2018, 03:23 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,135,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
What is unique here is his own party would like to see him out of there. Then again Trump really is not a democrat or republican, more of a populist.
Who? Out of where? If you mean Trump all those huge rallies beg to differ. Repubs rule the Presidency the Senate and the judiciary. I'd say we're very happy right now and it's not going to change soon.

Btw I vote Nixon because there's not one proven allegation about Trump. It's all in deluded liberals minds

Old 12-01-2018, 05:56 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,987,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
They are both Republicans, the party that attracts hucksters, grifters and people 'on the make'.

Nixon was a political criminal, a dirty trickster. No one can deny it, although many Republicans did deny it while it was going on ...
So what else did Nixon do besides the Watergate coverup? Correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK Nixon was never proven to have known about or ordered the Watergate break in. He only found out after the fact.

Most people don't realize that President Nixon was arguably to the left of President Obama. Nixon advocated a national ban on handguns. He imposed wage and price controls. Obama would never had dared either of those.

Nixon was the first president ever to seriously take on the task of de-segregating southern schools. When he took office in 1968, 70% were still completely segregated, even though SCOTUS had ruled that unconstitutional in 1954. When he resigned in 1974, only 8% were still segregated--entirely thanks to his efforts. Nixon opened the door to China, and he created the federal EPA. Amtrak and PBS were both established under his watch.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:58 PM

6,061 posts, read 1,987,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post

I ask you too, what did Nixon do besides the Watergate cover up? Any one can make generic claims of corruption about anyone. With no specifics, it's meaningless.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:59 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,675,602 times
Almost Dead Heat now! 48-51%!

The correct answer of course, is Nixon was more corrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies