Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 06:55 PM
nng nng started this thread

695 posts, read 289,321 times

Advertisements

I feel this way. Politicians don't focus on the important issues. When I think of the important issues I think of the lack of affordable housing in cities like NYC sky high rent in some cities unaffordable healthcare college and university tuition is too high etc. I feel like the politicians don't focus on these issues at all. Illegal immigration is a problem as well. We can't afford to have illegal immigration. To me trump
Is trying to benefit the elite and his family, that's why he wanted to be president. He gave tax breaks to the richest Americans, trickle down economics doesn't work the business owners and ceos of the billion dollar corporations will just pocket the money for themselves with the tax breaks that trump is giving them. To me this is where capitalism fails. I think conservatives don't think something is a problem until it affects them personally that is why they don't care that some people can't afford healthcare, etc. democrats aren't better with them pandering to illegal aliens I just wish there was a real party to deal with the important issues this country is facing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 07:03 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nng View Post
I feel this way. Politicians don't focus on the important issues. When I think of the important issues I think of the lack of affordable housing in cities like NYC sky high rent in some cities unaffordable healthcare college and university tuition is too high etc. I feel like the politicians don't focus on these issues at all. Illegal immigration is a problem as well. We can't afford to have illegal immigration. To me trump
Is trying to benefit the elite and his family, that's why he wanted to be president. He gave tax breaks to the richest Americans, trickle down economics doesn't work the business owners and ceos of the billion dollar corporations will just pocket the money for themselves with the tax breaks that trump is giving them. To me this is where capitalism fails. I think conservatives don't think something is a problem until it affects them personally that is why they don't care that some people can't afford healthcare, etc. democrats aren't better with them pandering to illegal aliens I just wish there was a real party to deal with the important issues this country is facing.
Neither party is representing America.

This is why I am a centrist Independent.

The American people are too burned out physically and mentally to built and create a grassroots third party that can build a message that voters would listen to.

Americans are left with choices like Republicans, Democrats.

The far left and far right control the message. The far left hates a free enterprise spirit, the far right hates immigrants. This does not bode well for society.

Yes, the American economy is better than it was a decade ago, but the economic recovery has not lifted people in the rural areas and inner cities, and even some suburbs (wage stagnation, high property and commuter taxes, gas tax)

There needs to be better economic growth.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
They are all bought and paid for they work for massive lobby groups or their corporate owners and all sides try to keep us divided and fighting amongst each other (divide and conquer) they want to keep us misinformed using misdirection.

But there are some good ones out there they just do not get very far but they are out there.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:18 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
They are all bought and paid for they work for massive lobby groups or their corporate owners and all sides try to keep us divided and fighting amongst each other (divide and conquer) they want to keep us misinformed using misdirection.

But there are some good ones out there they just do not get very far but they are out there.

Thats why people run for office. Its not to make this a better America. Thats BS to get voted in. Some of the positions dont pay that well. Its all the vacation, benefits, lobby money that go with it they want.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:24 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Politicians don't focus on the important issues

Politicians on both sides of the aisle focus on the issues important to them, reelection and keeping their cushy little jobs, the country and its people are afterthoughts at best.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:28 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,963,948 times
running for election or re-election is their job.

all that "other stuff " is campaign material.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Thats why people run for office. Its not to make this a better America. Thats BS to get voted in. Some of the positions dont pay that well. Its all the vacation, benefits, lobby money that go with it they want.
I do not know an individuals true motives and the reasons why they personally run for office so I cannot speak on that part I assume they would be different for everyone.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:39 PM

4,658 posts, read 1,949,932 times
politicians only care about reelection. if you make an actual decision you will put yourself on the **** list of one group or another who will then come out against you. The only way to win is not to play, my apology to War Games.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
politicians only care about reelection. if you make an actual decision you will put yourself on the **** list of one group or another who will then come out against you. The only way to win is not to play, my apology to War Games.
Like I said before we do not know every individual politicians motives but then again there is no way to make everyone happy no matter what you do people will not like it or have other ideas .

I assume It is a hard job/profession then again politics are dirty and underhanded so I assume they can take both the positive and negative feedback with a grain of salt and are used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies