Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Donald J. Trump regret running for POTUS?
Yes 55 53.92%
No 47 46.08%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 08:33 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times

Advertisements

No, why would he?

Old 11-30-2018, 08:34 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,834,115 times
What reasonable, rational person could have possibly imagined the sustained, vitriolic outrage and constant disrespect and personal attacks Trump has been and still is subjected to on a daily basis.

Somehow, America has developed a class of whiny, shameless, self-absorbed, self-appointed 'experts' in the media and public forum. From day one, they have automatically polarized themselves against anything and everything Trump does, while contributing nothing even remotely civil or constructive.

And what did Trump really do, except turn a cabal of career politicians upside down, by winning an "unwinnable" Presidential election ... without selling his soul to money-driven special interests. He is indeed different from the corrupt, self-serving politicians America has grown so accustomed to!

Yes, he can be crass and may not sound "Presidential" at times, but, he's actually done something in the rough and tumble real world. The same cannot be said for most of his predecessors who better fit the mold of 'looking and sounding Presidential' - yet, doing nothing, but, advance the interests of the 'highest bidder.'

Forget what the constant detractors incessantly bray and honestly look at the amazing list of things he has accomplished in only two-years! While he may not deserve 100-percent credit for every single item, it is absolutely idiotic and totally false to suggest that the previous administration spent 8-years preparing for the success of the next! https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping

Back to the original question, I hope Trump has the stamina and fortitude to stay the course in spite of this onslaught. Being POTUS is an incredibly complex and difficult job (even without a vehemently antagonistic press and opposing party). I pray that Trump and other potential future leaders still see there are still people who love America and appreciate and respect its leaders (on both sides of the aisle). If not, we are doomed to only elect leaders who pander to the anarchists who would rather tear America down, than grudgingly give-up one ounce of their own imagined influence or power.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:34 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post

I think if Trump were to say he's the second coming of Jesus, they would believe it!

It was Obama that the liberals and dems praised as their messiah.

Here's just a few:

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."
--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."
-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"
-- Mark Morford

"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."-- Gary Hart
"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."
-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."
-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

Old 11-30-2018, 08:45 AM

Then of course, there all the many photos taken of Obama that capture the messianic halo that always seems to surround him.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=obama+...ZI&form=MOZSBR

Old 11-30-2018, 08:54 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
What reasonable, rational person could have possibly imagined the sustained, vitriolic outrage and constant disrespect and personal attacks Trump has been and still is subjected to on a daily basis.

Somehow, America has developed a class of whiny, shameless, self-absorbed, self-appointed 'experts' in the media and public forum. From day one, they have automatically polarized themselves against anything and everything Trump does, while contributing nothing even remotely civil or constructive.

And what did Trump really do, except turn a cabal of career politicians upside down, by winning an "unwinnable" Presidential election ... without selling his soul to money-driven special interests. He is indeed different from the corrupt, self-serving politicians America has grown so accustomed to!

Yes, he can be crass and may not sound "Presidential" at times, but, he's actually done something in the rough and tumble real world. The same cannot be said for most of his predecessors who better fit the mold of 'looking and sounding Presidential' - yet, doing nothing, but, advance the interests of the 'highest bidder.'

Forget what the constant detractors incessantly bray and honestly look at the amazing list of things he has accomplished in only two-years! While he may not deserve 100-percent credit for every single item, it is absolutely idiotic and totally false to suggest that the previous administration spent 8-years preparing for the success of the next! https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...romise-keeping

Back to the original question, I hope Trump has the stamina and fortitude to stay the course in spite of this onslaught. Being POTUS is an incredibly complex and difficult job (even without a vehemently antagonistic press and opposing party). I pray that Trump and other potential future leaders still see there are still people who love America and appreciate and respect its leaders (on both sides of the aisle). If not, we are doomed to only elect leaders who pander to the anarchists who would rather tear America down, than grudgingly give-up one ounce of their own imagined influence or power.
Considering he blasted Obama everyday, and watched Fox News talk **** about everything Obama did, including what suits he wore, he was probably aware.

This is something that most idiots would have expected, unfortunately forTrump, he doesn't compare well to most idiots.

He didn't want to win though. He ran for financial reasons, since he was going broke.

https://youtu.be/Z3868qotZ_A

Old 11-30-2018, 09:00 AM

Don't forget all the songs, marches and mantras that Obama's worshipers created to pay respect to his grace. As Rep. Nancy Pelosi said, "President Obama is a leader that God has blessed us with at this time.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=XAcKE5XwOu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=cDRYohBohrE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yes_We...will.i.am_song)

Elementary School Students Taught Pro Obama Songs- CBS News

6 Videos Of School Children Singing Songs That Praise Barack Obama

and on, and on....

Old 11-30-2018, 09:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’ve been wondering this for a while. I think most of us know he didn’t intend to or even want to win.

But, with all the stress and frustrations of the job, the spotlight on his shady dealings, and the very real possibility of his being shamed out of office and/or imprisoned, does Donald J. Trump regret running for POTUS?

Not only him, but I think his grown sons and daughter (Ivanka only, as I’m not sure about Tiffany) regret this entire debacle.

Do you think Trump regrets it?

While I think part of him does regret it (especially with the potential Mueller findings hanging over his head), I think he is too dumb to realize the mess he has created, and I bet he actually feels he is doing a good job.

When you have someone who has never had to account for any of his actions his entire life , this is what you get...…….someone who is oblivious to their surroundings, and unwilling to compromise or learn from their mistakes. "Little Rich Boy" thinks he can do no wrong.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:43 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
While I think part of him does regret it (especially with the potential Mueller findings hanging over his head), I think he is too dumb to realize the mess he has created, and I bet he actually feels he is doing a good job.

When you have someone who has never had to account for any of his actions his entire life , this is what you get...…….someone who is oblivious to their surroundings, and unwilling to compromise or learn from their mistakes. "Little Rich Boy" thinks he can do no wrong.
You bring up good points, but I'm not 100% convinced. He sure looked in-over-his-head yesterday...regretful, if you will.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:44 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Howard Stern, long time Trump friend, previously remarked that Trump does not have the temperament for the job. Trump wants to be loved. It’s what drives him. He has a sensitive ego. He’s not going to withstand criticism, well.
Yep.

I think in some ways his father must have dangled his love and approval in front of Trump....always keeping it partially out of reach.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:59 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’ve been wondering this for a while. I think most of us know he didn’t intend to or even want to win.

But, with all the stress and frustrations of the job, the spotlight on his shady dealings, and the very real possibility of his being shamed out of office and/or imprisoned, does Donald J. Trump regret running for POTUS?

Not only him, but I think his grown sons and daughter (Ivanka only, as I’m not sure about Tiffany) regret this entire debacle.

Do you think Trump regrets it?

Donald Trump wasn't/isn't remotely qualified to be President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies