Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Or we could do the right thing, bring these folks in, process their claims in a timely fashion, and send 95% of them home.

We should have sent a couple thousand civil servants to process these people, instead of 15,000 soldiers. If we had done that 90% of these people could have been home already.
Thats a bunch of hogwash. Theyd be roaming our country not appearing and you know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 01:42 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Should the US help Tijuana, offer busses to haul migrants back home?

An excellent idea.

Every time people come to the attention of the authorities (speeding ticket, domestic disturbance, 7-11 robbed, etc.) and are found to be illegal aliens, the U.S. should definitely provide buses to haul those illegals back to their homes. Or their home countries, at least. Immediately. This would send most of them back to ports of entry such as Tijuana and other locations.

How that would help Tijuana I'm not sure, but whatever floats your boat. That's the Mexican govt's problem, not ours.
The only problem is, where are they going to get all those buses?

Old 11-30-2018, 01:45 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,908 times
Quote:
Or we could do the right thing, bring these folks in, process their claims in a timely fashion, and send 95% of them home.

We should have sent a couple thousand civil servants to process these people, instead of 15,000 soldiers. If we had done that 90% of these people could have been home already.
Not all soldiers do the same job:
Army MOS 71L | MOSDb

The question is "How many 71 Limas did they send?

Old 11-30-2018, 01:47 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
thank the Lord you are not in a situation like this Christian Americans need to help provide safe shelter,medicine and clothing needed until this heartless administration starts paperwork for asylum

AND yes I would take some into my home as old as I am if I had a nearby home
IF if if but still a big fat nope

I'd save the world if I had the means, but I don't so .....

Old 11-30-2018, 01:48 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
thank the Lord you are not in a situation like this Christian Americans need to help provide safe shelter,medicine and clothing needed until this heartless administration starts paperwork for asylum

AND yes I would take some into my home as old as I am if I had a nearby home
How many homeless Americans have you taken in so far?

Old 11-30-2018, 01:49 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Trebuchet

Old 11-30-2018, 01:51 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
I would not be opposed to sending antibiotics and cootie soapand busses to haul migrants back home. For starters.
Get a couple of busses to ship those few women and children back.

Then gather up the 4000 or so able bodied men looking for work and have them build that wall.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:53 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

95% of them? Come on man, we didn't get 11 million illegals that way. Don't pretend to be naive.

Once they are here they are like a tick and we can never get rid of them.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:55 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Do you not think the soros funded organizations would be better off -

Finding people who actually have a chance of asylum acceptance and helping just them come here, instead of creating a mass surge of mostly asylum rejects.

Banding these people together to rid their country of gangs. Seems to me a mass group of 7000 migrants running down gang members would work wonders in getting rid of gangs. It certainly cannot be any more hazardous than what they had been facing while on the march, and they could safely leave their kids out of it, too.

Trying to get other countries to invest in factories so that these people have jobs. Kind of like when we and other countries had gotten together to build factories in Haiti, etc.

(^just a few ideas, of many, of ways that soros and his pet orgs could have actually helped these people, and in a much better fashion too)
I don't know that they're not doing some of those things. Do you?

Old 11-30-2018, 02:01 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You think spending money to organize caravans KNOWING these people would not get into the U.S. is helping them?

How adorably naive.
It didn't mention organizing the caravans. I think that's a right wing fiction involving your own personal boogeyman. To what possible end would they do that? 7,000 illegal votes? C'mon.

If it makes you feel edgy and in the know to believe that nonsense then by all means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies