Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 01:56 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is exactly the point of why some are against this investigation continuing. It was started for one reason, and has turned into, "well, let's just dig up whatever we can on anyone" (except the left, of course), and continue on with this sh - - show".
"Your honor, this is a travesty! The officers had a search warrant to look for a stolen car, it says nothing about meth labs!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 02:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Your honor, this is a travesty! The officers had a search warrant to look for a stolen car, it says nothing about meth labs!"

And the judge says, as long as the meth labs are sending my cut leave them alone.
Its the economy stupid, and its my economy. Keep looking for that car. Case dismissed !!!

Old 11-30-2018, 02:22 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
Yeah, dishonest analogy. Either because you're not smart enough to realize what's going on or because you're a dishonest person.

A search warrant has a specific purpose, and has a specific place that can be searched and it expires. Mueller has carte blanche to do as many searches as he wants in search of this mystical russian interference but all the while nailing people for unrelated crimes.

Mueller can search whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and nothing needs to be even tied to Russia collusion which he was given original jurisdiction to search for.

If you were smarter or less dishonest (pick one you like better), you'd recognize why this is a problem.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:28 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Currently the Mueller invetigation has earned the US millions. Why stop? They've spent what? 20 million? And pulled in 46 million from Manafort.....so far.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:37 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Yeah, dishonest analogy. Either because you're not smart enough to realize what's going on or because you're a dishonest person.
I rather like it. I mean, yes, it's a bit on the flippant side and analogy always breaks down in some specific.

Quote:
A search warrant has a specific purpose, and has a specific place that can be searched and it expires. Mueller has carte blanche to do as many searches as he wants in search of this mystical russian interference but all the while nailing people for unrelated crimes.
Would you have preferred these unrelated crimes had remained unknown or unprosecuted?

Quote:
Mueller can search whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and nothing needs to be even tied to Russia collusion which he was given original jurisdiction to search for.
Surely you're aware this is not true.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:48 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Desperation is when you can only respond with insults such as calling people you disagree with "cultists".

You know the OP is true. You don't like it but can't make an argument based on logic or fact.
No, th OP is the opinion of an entertainment personality. Did you watch his show daily while he was on CNN?
No, maybe you wouldn’t have quoted him then. Call up Simon Cowell, maybe he can unravel it?
LOL

Old 11-30-2018, 02:49 PM

2,362 posts, read 776,984 times
Quote:
I
Would you have preferred these unrelated crimes had remained unknown or unprosecuted?
Most of the crimes prosecuted are for perjury. meaning before the mueller investigation, those crimes did not exist. Yeah, I'm morally against sending people to prison for lying. I don't think perjury should be a crime.

But your question misses the point - i don't believe prosecutors should have the power mueller has. We are all guilty of crimes, and having some prosecutor turning over rocks with a magnifying glass trying to nail you is not something any freedom loving person should endorse.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:50 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,617,651 times
Piers Morgan???? He is about as feckless as.....Tucker Carlson !

Egads !

Old 11-30-2018, 02:51 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Most of the crimes prosecuted are for perjury. meaning before the mueller investigation, those crimes did not exist. Yeah, I'm morally against sending people to prison for lying. I don't think perjury should be a crime.

But your question misses the point - i don't believe prosecutors should have the power mueller has. We are all guilty of crimes, and having some prosecutor turning over rocks with a magnifying glass trying to nail you is not something any freedom loving person should endorse.
Trump has been as gangster for his entire adult life and now he is under this microscope because he chose to run for office...too bad for him...boo freakin' hoo.

Old 11-30-2018, 02:53 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Now some Trump supporters on C-D are spreading fake news. They've been saying Mueller has been investigating for 2 years for months. Mueller started in May 2017. They are the source of their own fake news. Trump's investigation is more complex than Watergate which took 2 years.

Rosenstein called for a special counsel and appointed Robert Mueller in charge of that special counsel in May 2017 with the charter of determining if there was any Russian Interference in the 2016 election process or related matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies