Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 12:28 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
It's also illegal to appoint a Special Counsel for anything, without naming the specific crime he is being appointed to investigate.

The Mueller appointment has been "an investigation in search of a crime" from Day 1.

Exactly the type the Special Counsel law was written to AVOID.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
NO

Always has been a Show Me The Man and I will find a crime.(or make one up)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallbuilder View Post
More vagueness.

"interfering"
"coordinating"

How could Trump "interfere" with his own election? That doesn't make any sense.

And what does "interfere" even mean? An election isn't like a football game, that has rules like pass interference.

What the heck does "coordinating" mean? Coordinating to do what illegal thing, precisely?You two are an absolute crack-up. You don't think that assisting a foreign government to rig a US election is a specific enough crime?
I think you guys are just trolling us.

It is now public knowledge that during the campaign while was Trump swearing on numerous occasions that there were no deals with Russia, he was at that exact same time negotiating through his lawyer a huge real estate deal that involved communications to the highest levels in Russia.

That level of dishonestly by the guy you voted for doesn't bother you guys?

And also at that exact same time, Russia was conducting full-on cyber-espionage and cyber-terrorism attacks against the US. And you think, what -- just a big coincidence? US Intelligence agencies had proof of these Russian attacks, and you had Trump on the world stage say they didn't do it -- because Putin said so.

Then in the midst of all this, Trump softens sanctions for Russia's crimes against Crimea and the Ukraine. Another coincidence?

And you guys don't even think the DOJ should look into this. Really?

Your level of complacency is breathtaking. UnAmerican, I don't know what else to call it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 12:37 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
The 'investigation' is basically a culmination of a series of failed sting operations and an attempt to keep the theme alive.

recurring pattern with a large number of informants linked to FBI/CIA

Old 12-01-2018, 12:41 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The 'investigation' is basically a culmination of a series of failed sting operations and an attempt to keep the theme alive.

recurring pattern with a large number of informants linked to FBI/CIA
Failed investigation?

Old 12-01-2018, 12:54 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,101,396 times
Quote:
Anyone remember that? "Illegal contacts during the transition period." It was the rage on MSNBC. Then they stopped talking about illegal contacts when they found out that there is no such crime as illegal contacts and incoming presidents are in fact expected to talk to foreign leaders and diplomats. Since then it's been "collusion" which is also not a crime (unless you say "collude to X" and X is a crime). In fact, top attorneys like Alan Dershowitz have said that it would be perfectly legal if Donald Trump called Putin and told him to release Hillary's emails (which obviously never happened).

The investigation is a wild goose chase.
It is unfortunate that the word "collusion" was inserted into the topic early on. I don't know who first used that, but it is not a legal charge, so it has made it easy for people to say, just as you said, that it is not a crime. The words that should have been used were "collaboration," "conspiracy," "obstruction of justice," etc. These are actual legal terms that apply in specific circumstances, and the whole thing would have been more clear if they had been used. I think the fact that 36 associates of Trump have been charged, convicted or confessed speaks to the issue of whether this is a "witch hunt." Of course, it isn't, because there are lots of people who have committed demonstrable crimes. Whether Trump himself will be charged is something we will wait to see. If he isn't, and hasn't committed any crimes, this will still be a successful investigation - the convictions have already shown that.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Those who still think all this is made up to "get" Trump would benefit by reading Michael Cohen's sentencing memo, released last evening and readily available online (just look for it, my old computer has trouble posting links).

Lots of new information is included, some of it quite revealing re. Trump's efforts to obtain funding for the Trump Tower/Hotel in Moscow which never came to fruition.

The implications for Trump are very, very damaging.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:35 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
It is unfortunate that the word "collusion" was inserted into the topic early on. I don't know who first used that, but it is not a legal charge, so it has made it easy for people to say, just as you said, that it is not a crime. The words that should have been used were "collaboration," "conspiracy," "obstruction of justice," etc. These are actual legal terms that apply in specific circumstances, and the whole thing would have been more clear if they had been used. I think the fact that 36 associates of Trump have been charged, convicted or confessed speaks to the issue of whether this is a "witch hunt." Of course, it isn't, because there are lots of people who have committed demonstrable crimes. Whether Trump himself will be charged is something we will wait to see. If he isn't, and hasn't committed any crimes, this will still be a successful investigation - the convictions have already shown that.
I seriously doubt if Trump is dumb enough to have conspired to commit a felony. He leaves that, and the commission of felonies, to others.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:39 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
I seriously doubt if Trump is dumb enough to have conspired to commit a felony. He leaves that, and the commission of felonies, to others.
But he would still be complicit, if he had prior knowledge of criminal behavior and did nothing to stop it, and apparently did all he could to encourage it.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I think you guys are just trolling us.

It is now public knowledge that during the campaign while was Trump swearing on numerous occasions that there were no deals with Russia, he was at that exact same time negotiating through his lawyer a huge real estate deal that involved communications to the highest levels in Russia.

That level of dishonestly by the guy you voted for doesn't bother you guys?

And also at that exact same time, Russia was conducting full-on cyber-espionage and cyber-terrorism attacks against the US. And you think, what -- just a big coincidence? US Intelligence agencies had proof of these Russian attacks, and you had Trump on the world stage say they didn't do it -- because Putin said so.

Then in the midst of all this, Trump softens sanctions for Russia's crimes against Crimea and the Ukraine. Another coincidence?

And you guys don't even think the DOJ should look into this. Really?

Your level of complacency is breathtaking. UnAmerican, I don't know what else to call it.
Your initial assumption is correct. And maybe some of these Trump lovers posting here are actually Russkies and not American in any way.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:44 PM

197 posts, read 97,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
The words that should have been used were "collaboration,"
No such crime as "collaboration."

Quote:
"conspiracy,"
No such crime as "conspiracy." It has to be "conspiracy to [insert something illegal]." For example, I my friend and I just conspired to meet up for Chinese food at 8:15 p.m.

Quote:
"obstruction of justice," etc.
Similar to "lying to investigators," this a "crime" that is about the supposed investigation of a crime, so it is completely irrelevant. It is a perfect example of how this is an investigation that is trying to create crimes out of thin air.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:47 PM

25,444 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Actually Mueller is a incompetent D.C. swamp creature who was one of the main architects of the WMDs scam and only recently became elevated to the status of "expert investigator/prosecutor" by the leftwing media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTDO-kuOGTQ
A lot of people bought into the WMD scam. And many have regretted it. It doesn't make Mueller incompetent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies