Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 07:02 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,534,002 times

Advertisements

Whether Ann Coulter actually said it, the thread title was a bright spot in my day. We'll be seeing more such remarks in coming times. It will be like an epidemic of plague has passed and we've survived.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:17 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,252,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Of course you are. And perhaps one day 20 years down the road, you'll begin to understand where your movement derailed and went careening down the mountainside.

Bye.
Twenty years down the road I will undoubtedly be dead and it will be your problem, sonny.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:23 AM

29,335 posts, read 9,515,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
that's sounds and is precisely like stuff straight out a the mouth of 1960's George Wallace. We certainly know that the 1960's George Wallace as all about... "racism", and "the promotion of segregation" and "the denial of minorities to participate in the FULL spectrum of America", and he was against including minorities being eligible to participate in the public services, the same public services that "poor whites had utilized for centuries and decades". It did not become considered as "hand out" by Poor White society, until it included American minorities as being eligible participants. Because the Poor White no longer had it as a singularly benefit to the madness of "white privilege" ONLY to participate in public service programs".
Poor Whites voted on which ever side they thought would give "Only" to themselves the benefits of Public Assistance. It's still today, a big part of their wants from the Republican Electorate, is to make benefits available to poor whites only.

Blacks began to vote Democrat, once the southern democrats moved into and dominated the Republican Party and started pushing the same agenda that the racist and segregationist of the old southern democrats once pushed.

History has it all recorded, no attempt or effort to distort that truth will stand.
And no attempt or effort to correct the ignorance of racists like you are trying to do is likely to work, but I'm always encouraged to see the effort made anyway.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Its always good to have a Trump translator on hand to explain the nuances when he claims "we will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it".

This is an overly simplistic solution to a complicated problem, until we address the problems in Central America that are causing the migration nothing changes.
Agreed. Trump translators have a way of making all things Trump sound intelligent and flawless. Well flawless anyway...

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Old 12-02-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Kasich was one of the candidates standing so I would so he gave a decent challenge.
Trump got 59% of pledged delegates and 45% of the popular votes.

Kasich got 6.5% and 14 percent respectively.

Not sure that's "decent" enough. Even Cruz did better, scary and crazy enough as that is, but maybe now that we know a little more about what Trump is and/or isn't, the next go around will be different. I'm still thinking the more likely competitive and better alternative to Trump will not come from the Republican party.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:32 AM

17,288 posts, read 6,647,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
And no attempt or effort to correct the ignorance of racists like you are trying to do is likely to work, but I'm always encouraged to see the effort made anyway.
Oh look, another liberal accusing those who disagree with her of racism.

Does the name-calling and projection ever get old with you kids?

Old 12-02-2018, 11:35 AM

4,140 posts, read 3,868,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Trump got 59% of pledged delegates and 45% of the popular votes.

Kasich got 6.5% and 14 percent respectively.

Not sure that's "decent" enough. Even Cruz did better, scary and crazy enough as that is, but maybe now that we know a little more about what Trump is and/or isn't, the next go around will be different. I'm still thinking the more likely competitive and better alternative to Trump will not come from the Republican party.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Cruz run against Trump. I doubt all is forgiven after Trump attacked Cruz's wife.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Oh look, another liberal accusing those who disagree with her of racism.

Does the name-calling and projection ever get old with you kids?
I accuse people of being racist when they project racist ideas and notions, like George Wallace did and all the people who can't seem to understand that history as needed, for what seem like more racist reasons. As Chance and Change tried to explain. If that is "name calling" according to you then guilty as charged, but I call it an intolerance of racist ignorance which is an intolerance we should ALL share and express in no uncertain terms!

Old 12-02-2018, 11:40 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,932,238 times
While she, for once, is right she's still a completely vile human being. NO thanks!

Old 12-02-2018, 11:42 AM

14,640 posts, read 14,512,431 times
She’s mad he’s not doing what he promised to make the country more WASP. Kudos to her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.