Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 02:06 PM

628 posts, read 695,751 times

Advertisements

Please, please, please do not ask him to speak.
Paying his resepct is correct, no time for political anger.
I bet he know the words to the Hymn below.

How Great Thou Art

Old 12-01-2018, 02:07 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Dont count on that if its raining.
Nice.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:12 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Obama is just trying to appeal to his base who get offended over “thoughts and prayers” and “merry Christmas.”

Thoughts and prayers is overdone. Way overdone to the point of meaning nothing. Oh wait, what are prayers other than talking to yourself anyways.

As far as Merry Christmas, I say it all the time. Along with Happy Holidays, Frohes Weihnachten, Happy Yule, Festivus! and other appropriate recognition of this Pagan festival of the rebirth of the Sun after the longest day of the year. Love the Yule log, the evergreen tree, the tradition borrowed from my direct Germanic ancestors, the lights, the family gatherings, the feasts, the joy.

And we studiously avoid that religious stuff. None of my family cottons to old, ancient Middle East myths spread by illiterate, superstitious, desert dwelling tribes of goat herders.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:14 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
This is Obama's tribute to Bush. Source: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...T0yYoSQPO8US-F

America has lost a patriot and humble servant in George Herbert Walker Bush. While our hearts are heavy today, they are also filled with gratitude. Not merely for the years he spent as our forty-first President, but for the more than 70 years he spent in devoted service to the country he loved – from a decorated Naval aviator who nearly gave his life in World War II, to Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces, with plenty of posts along the way. Ambassador to the United Nations. Director of Central Intelligence. U.S. Envoy to China. Vice President of the United States.

George H.W. Bush’s life is a testament to the notion that public service is a noble, joyous calling. And he did tremendous good along the journey. Expanding America’s promise to new immigrants and people with disabilities. Reducing the scourge of nuclear weapons and building a broad international coalition to expel a dictator from Kuwait. And when democratic revolutions bloomed across Eastern Europe, it was his steady, diplomatic hand that made possible an achievement once thought anything but – ending the Cold War without firing a shot.

It’s a legacy of service that may never be matched, even though he’d want all of us to try.

After seventy-three years of marriage, George and Barbara Bush are together again now, two points of light that never dimmed, two points of light that ignited countless others with their example – the example of a man who, even after commanding the world’s mightiest military, once said “I got more of a kick out of being one of the founders of the YMCA in Midland, Texas back in 1952 than almost anything I’ve done.”

What a testament to the qualities that make this country great. Service to others. Commitment to leaving behind something better. Sacrifice in the name of lifting this country closer to its founding ideals. Our thoughts are with the entire Bush family tonight – and all who were inspired by George and Barbara’s example.
Very nice tribute from Obama. And I can guarantee we'll never hear anything close to the quality of this tribute from Trump.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:18 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
Please, please, please do not ask him to speak.
Paying his resepct is correct, no time for political anger.
I bet he know the words to the Hymn below.

How Great Thou Art
Not really, Trump is more likely to think its "How Great I Art"

Old 12-01-2018, 02:21 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Not really, Trump is more likely to think its "How Great I Art"
Bada Bing!

Old 12-01-2018, 02:21 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Leave his ass in the car. He is not a real president who won fair and square.
Amen to that!

Old 12-01-2018, 02:23 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Sounds like you are referring to Obama. I hope there is someone out there that will count the number of times that idiotic numb skull stutters and uses the word "I".

Just dont make a drinking game out of it..
Obama Derangement Syndrome.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:23 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Hope he doesn't wander off like he just did at G20.

Old 12-01-2018, 02:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Placing Trump at the end of the row with Melania next to him would eliminate the problem, though.

Trump is like the stinky kid no one wants to sit next to on the school bus. Melania is stuck with him - but no one else should have to be forced into his close company for over an hour.
What I'm saying is that I believe what you've described is the expected seating pattern. That's why Michelle Obama is always seated next to President George W. Bush. Trump will be at the end, next to him will be the First Lady, then former President Obama, then Michelle Obama. Traditionally, George W. Bush would come next, then Laura Bush, but it's possible they will be with the rest of their own family for this occasion. Next in the row would come the Clintons and then the Carters if they attend.

Last edited by randomparent; 12-01-2018 at 02:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies